• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Bobby Ryan

Rate this topic

I really fail to see the point of the Red Wings making trades right now. Why give up valuable assets when they have the ability to address their needs through free agency very soon? They have the cap space to sign the top free agents available without giving up major pieces of the team now and in the future.

Trades would be a nice fallback option after July 1st maybe, but I don't see any reason for Holland to start making deals at the draft.

Agreed. Trading would be a desperation move. The Wings have all the pieces to sign any player they want after July 1st, no sense wasting picks and players.

You mean Franzen, right?

Oh, I would love to ditch..err...I mean trade Franzen, but I don't think Anaheim would take him and that long ass contract. I mention Filppula because Selanne is coming back and has said how much he likes playing with Flip (International play) and that he has great chemistry with him...so naturally if we were going to try to pry Ryan out of there, they would definitely want Filppula to start with...

I agree with you guys about sign what you can first, then make trades if you need to, but unfortunately this is the time (the draft) when the trades are made. Trades for rights and players. If Holland has any interest in Bobby Ryan, he will need to trade for him on draft day...and if Anaheim has any interest in Filppula then they have already put it in Holland's ear... We already have the next Filppula in Pulkkinen perhaps better and as good as Filppula has become, this team is better with Ryan. Of course there is no way of knowing what it would take to get him here, I am just guessing....

to ANA: V. Filppula/ L. Ferraro / 4th Round

to DET: B. Ryan / J. Schultz (rights)

Oh, I would love to ditch..err...I mean trade Franzen, but I don't think Anaheim would take him and that long ass contract. I mention Filppula because Selanne is coming back and has said how much he likes playing with Flip (International play) and that he has great chemistry with him...so naturally if we were going to try to pry Ryan out of there, they would definitely want Filppula to start with...

I agree with you guys about sign what you can first, then make trades if you need to, but unfortunately this is the time (the draft) when the trades are made. Trades for rights and players. If Holland has any interest in Bobby Ryan, he will need to trade for him on draft day...and if Anaheim has any interest in Filppula then they have already put it in Holland's ear... We already have the next Filppula in Pulkkinen perhaps better and as good as Filppula has become, this team is better with Ryan. Of course there is no way of knowing what it would take to get him here, I am just guessing....

to ANA: V. Filppula/ L. Ferraro / 4th Round

to DET: B. Ryan / J. Schultz (rights)

Say what? The only similarity is nationality. Pulkkinen is a slow, defensively questionable, shoot-first sniper. Filpulla is a fast, elite defensive forward, who needs to be emotionally black mailed into shooting the puck.

Also, IMO Detroit would need to offer Filpulla, one of Nyquist/Smith/Jarnkrok, and a 2nd. And that won't happen.

Guest Johnz96

Agreed. Trading would be a desperation move. The Wings have all the pieces to sign any player they want after July 1st, no sense wasting picks and players.

I think the Wings would want a big tough sniping forward mpre than anything and there isn't one available as a UFA. I think a big tough righ-shooting top pair defenseman would be preferable to anything that might be available. After Suter I don't think there is a true top pair defenseman and only one with the potential to be

Bobby Ryan pissed off being the scapegoat

“I've gotten wind of everything,” Ryan said by phone between his fourth and fifth rounds.

I take things personally,” Ryan said. “Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has shown me nothing to prove that they want me here, unfortunately. Obviously, it's not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I'm the piece going the other way.

Keep up the good work Murray I am sure, Getzlaf and Perry will want to stay in an organization handling players like that. Kudos to Ryan for speaking out I would be pissed too if I were him and tell Meehan "Either they put this s*** to rest and I'll stay or make them trade me the hell out of here"

I might have missed it, but why are the Ducks shopping Ryan? Bad attitude? Makes too much money?

I don't know if anyone really knows for sure.

But they've dangled him multiple times now, so something is going on. The article mentioned he clashed with Carlyle. But Boudreau he did very well playing for, so I'm guessing the problems must be higher up the food chain.

I might have missed it, but why are the Ducks shopping Ryan? Bad attitude? Makes too much money?

I think they are just looking to rebuild a little and get some building blocks/prospects and he's probably worth the most in trade/they'd rather get rid of him over perry.. Just my thoughts but yea it seems like mostly rebuilding and Ryan has high trade value.

Come on Bobby! Let Holland show you the light! I am a big fan, but once you shun the Wings, you are done! I certainly hope that Detroit is on you list of teams you'd like to play for! I know you would love it! Come on Bobby! Come on Kenny, sell this team to him! Get him here!

Bobby Ryan pissed off being the scapegoat

Keep up the good work Murray I am sure, Getzlaf and Perry will want to stay in an organization handling players like that. Kudos to Ryan for speaking out I would be pissed too if I were him and tell Meehan "Either they put this s*** to rest and I'll stay or make them trade me the hell out of here"

Why do our rivals always have so many good players that are available?

I don't think you really want to know the answer to that...it has to do with Holland always drafting unknown players who more times than not, do not turn out...of course when they do, it's awesome! He also refuses to trade roster players...Franzen and Cleary (although they may not get a name like Ryan in return) should be on the block... But then again, Holland over-values these players and gives them stupid ass contracts that nobody wants to assume...I think Cleary would make a great veteran leader on an up and coming team, but Holland won't ever trade him...Franzen would be a nice pick up for Dallas or Vancouver to add to their Swedish players, but that long ass contract is like Holy Water to a Vampire!

I get the sense that if the NYR strike out on Nash, Bobby Ryan becomes their main target. Reading some rumor blogs and it sort of makes sense since the Rangers know Parise won't sign with them. Bobby Ryan on the Rags though damn and I thought they had a pretty great team this year. I would guess Del Zotto would be one of the pieces going the Ducks way along with a prospect and pick maybe idk.

Guest Johnz96

I get the sense that if the NYR strike out on Nash, Bobby Ryan becomes their main target. Reading some rumor blogs and it sort of makes sense since the Rangers know Parise won't sign with them. Bobby Ryan on the Rags though damn and I thought they had a pretty great team this year. I would guess Del Zotto would be one of the pieces going the Ducks way along with a prospect and pick maybe idk.

I think they would try and get Ryan before Nash. Nash is also a great player but his contract is quite the burden

I don't think you really want to know the answer to that...it has to do with Holland always drafting unknown players who more times than not, do not turn out...of course when they do, it's awesome! He also refuses to trade roster players...Franzen and Cleary (although they may not get a name like Ryan in return) should be on the block... But then again, Holland over-values these players and gives them stupid ass contracts that nobody wants to assume...I think Cleary would make a great veteran leader on an up and coming team, but Holland won't ever trade him...Franzen would be a nice pick up for Dallas or Vancouver to add to their Swedish players, but that long ass contract is like Holy Water to a Vampire!

That was a really long way of not answering my question in the slightest and bashing Franzen once again in the process.

That was a really long way of not answering my question in the slightest and bashing Franzen once again in the process.

I did answer it. Ok, it's because Holland won't trade any of our good players...and I just bashed Franzen's long contract not Franzen. He should be available for trade along with Cleary. But Holland over-values these guys and never seems to entertain the option of trading them. Or if he does, nobody wants them. I can't say I blame anyone for not wanting a player who says he gets bored while playing...except Holland.

I did answer it. Ok, it's because Holland won't trade any of our good players...and I just bashed Franzen's long contract not Franzen. He should be available for trade along with Cleary. But Holland over-values these guys and never seems to entertain the option of trading them. Or if he does, nobody wants them. I can't say I blame anyone for not wanting a player who says he gets bored while playing...except Holland.

What does Holland have to do with other teams' players becoming available for trade or from free agency?

Cause everytime they get a player that gets over 40 points and it's contract time, they offer them 4-7 mil and can't keep them all. Basically, their cap management is terrible and they have to do a salary dump.

References: Paul Martin (x2) cause the pens want to dump him to throw a pitch at Suter and Parise. Jordan Staal was dumped to bring in depth and cause he wasn't signing again after next year.

If the CBA works in a buyout clause, Franzen :colgate: