• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Sucks that he wants to go to Philly and not us. lol I like him although the attitude thing seems a bit annoying.

#62 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

Come on Bobby! Let Holland show you the light! I am a big fan, but once you shun the Wings, you are done! I certainly hope that Detroit is on you list of teams you'd like to play for! I know you would love it! Come on Bobby! Come on Kenny, sell this team to him! Get him here!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#63 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Bobby Ryan pissed off being the scapegoat

Keep up the good work Murray I am sure, Getzlaf and Perry will want to stay in an organization handling players like that. Kudos to Ryan for speaking out I would be pissed too if I were him and tell Meehan "Either they put this s*** to rest and I'll stay or make them trade me the hell out of here"

Why do our rivals always have so many good players that are available?

Posted Image

#64 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

I don't think you really want to know the answer to that...it has to do with Holland always drafting unknown players who more times than not, do not turn out...of course when they do, it's awesome! He also refuses to trade roster players...Franzen and Cleary (although they may not get a name like Ryan in return) should be on the block... But then again, Holland over-values these players and gives them stupid ass contracts that nobody wants to assume...I think Cleary would make a great veteran leader on an up and coming team, but Holland won't ever trade him...Franzen would be a nice pick up for Dallas or Vancouver to add to their Swedish players, but that long ass contract is like Holy Water to a Vampire!

#65 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

I have to get rid of my dream roster sig....a couple of guys I had on there already went somewhere else and i had to change them...I don't want to hex Suter and Parise...especially Suter!

#66 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

I get the sense that if the NYR strike out on Nash, Bobby Ryan becomes their main target. Reading some rumor blogs and it sort of makes sense since the Rangers know Parise won't sign with them. Bobby Ryan on the Rags though damn and I thought they had a pretty great team this year. I would guess Del Zotto would be one of the pieces going the Ducks way along with a prospect and pick maybe idk.

#67 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

I get the sense that if the NYR strike out on Nash, Bobby Ryan becomes their main target. Reading some rumor blogs and it sort of makes sense since the Rangers know Parise won't sign with them. Bobby Ryan on the Rags though damn and I thought they had a pretty great team this year. I would guess Del Zotto would be one of the pieces going the Ducks way along with a prospect and pick maybe idk.

I think they would try and get Ryan before Nash. Nash is also a great player but his contract is quite the burden

#68 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

I don't think you really want to know the answer to that...it has to do with Holland always drafting unknown players who more times than not, do not turn out...of course when they do, it's awesome! He also refuses to trade roster players...Franzen and Cleary (although they may not get a name like Ryan in return) should be on the block... But then again, Holland over-values these players and gives them stupid ass contracts that nobody wants to assume...I think Cleary would make a great veteran leader on an up and coming team, but Holland won't ever trade him...Franzen would be a nice pick up for Dallas or Vancouver to add to their Swedish players, but that long ass contract is like Holy Water to a Vampire!

That was a really long way of not answering my question in the slightest and bashing Franzen once again in the process.

Posted Image

#69 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

That was a really long way of not answering my question in the slightest and bashing Franzen once again in the process.

I did answer it. Ok, it's because Holland won't trade any of our good players...and I just bashed Franzen's long contract not Franzen. He should be available for trade along with Cleary. But Holland over-values these guys and never seems to entertain the option of trading them. Or if he does, nobody wants them. I can't say I blame anyone for not wanting a player who says he gets bored while playing...except Holland.

#70 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

I did answer it. Ok, it's because Holland won't trade any of our good players...and I just bashed Franzen's long contract not Franzen. He should be available for trade along with Cleary. But Holland over-values these guys and never seems to entertain the option of trading them. Or if he does, nobody wants them. I can't say I blame anyone for not wanting a player who says he gets bored while playing...except Holland.

What does Holland have to do with other teams' players becoming available for trade or from free agency?

Posted Image

#71 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

Cause everytime they get a player that gets over 40 points and it's contract time, they offer them 4-7 mil and can't keep them all. Basically, their cap management is terrible and they have to do a salary dump.

References: Paul Martin (x2) cause the pens want to dump him to throw a pitch at Suter and Parise. Jordan Staal was dumped to bring in depth and cause he wasn't signing again after next year.
If the CBA works in a buyout clause, Franzen :colgate:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.