• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Marchand Suspended 5 games

Rate this topic

I don't know about a suspension, but a fine should be levied. Salo wasn't coming in hot and had his elbows down. Dirty knee check.

Agreed.

the 5 and game he got was enough and throw a fine on it for good measure. Because it's Marchand and Salo got hurt though, I'm guessing he'll get a couple games. I don't think he was running at Salo's knees, but he bailed out of being hit and got way too low for it to be a good hip check.

Nucks fans were bitching about him not even trying to play the puck, but Salo wasn't either.

You can call it well timed I guess..we can argue about this all day but it's clear Marchand's intended point of contact was very low. If I was smarter I would post come videos of some quality hit checks from youtube but that is way out of my technical area. Its a fine line with hip checks, lots of factors to determine like point of contact, size of the people involved etc...

- I find this one similar to the Marchand hit..very low

- I think this is text book even though it's on a Wing, hip to hip

Interesting that you showed Ballard as an example of a good hip check, he was asked about the Marchand hit and here is what he had to say:

Keith Ballard is one of the best hip-checkers and has been called for clipping because the league obviously wants to avoid serious knee injuries. But in a puck-possession play against Jordin Tootoo on April 28, Ballard was assessed a two-minute minor for clipping. Whether that action and what Marchand did are in the same clipping category is what the league needs to better define.

"Normally when I do that, the guy has the puck and the guy is coming down on me and trying to beat me," Ballard said of his hip-checking ability. "There is a difference and anybody who says there's not a difference is an idiot."

*** And yes I realize Ballard is not unbiased as he is Salo's teammate.***

Agreed.

the 5 and game he got was enough and throw a fine on it for good measure. Because it's Marchand and Salo got hurt though, I'm guessing he'll get a couple games. I don't think he was running at Salo's knees, but he bailed out of being hit and got way too low for it to be a good hip check.

Nucks fans were bitching about him not even trying to play the puck, but Salo wasn't either.

I agree. It was a dirty play, but I think 5 and a game plus a fine are enough. To me, there is a very blurred line between a hip check and a clip and I wouldn't want to job of determining what is and is not a hip check.

Some of you need to watch the clip again.

Anything lower than about this height (yes I know, different angle blahblahblah)

IS A CLIP (see IILeiBlazeII's post above [Clipping].

Since there is an obvious double standard for the Bruins...I doubt he will be suspended, though he should get 3 games.

Edited by syntax

Marchand should be suspended just for having such an annoying face.

He acts tough because he knows he's backed up by such a tough team. I'd like to see this ***** pull his antics in another uniform.

That's funny, during the broadcast one of the commentators made mention that Pouliot never acted so tough before he played with the Bruins.

Marchand should be suspended just for having such an annoying face.

Marchand gets 5 games

I think 4 1/2 of those games are just because of his annoying ugly face. The other half might be for his weasel demeanor.

Oh and this picture reminds me of the Wings fans laughing at Selanne. Except that one guy seems to be grimacing.

136534633-e1326061395236.jpg

What killed Marchand's credibility is the fact that the exact same play happened less than 20 seconds before the clip and Marchand didn't feel the need to "instinctively" crouch down...that and he retaliated after the first hit as well. Not really too hard for Shanny to see through the bulls*** on that one.

Suspension Video

Every time I watch one of those I always think that moving star in the background of the bullet point portion of the video is like a presentation effect so that the star will come forward and explode into the bullet point text. If that makes any sense.