94 replies to this topic

#81 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

Then, keep up the "good' work.

Honestly I can understand him saying something like that when it's in response to the veiled threats by a whiny ass coach like Vigneault. Especially considering the whiny divers the Nucks have on their team.

Marchand should care about his reputation with his coach and teammates, and to a certain extent the refs. A more appropriate response would've been that he could care less what the Canucks coach thinks of them.

And if Tortorella gets a 30k fine for ripping on the refs, in the post-Bertuzzi incident NHL, Vigneault should be fined for his comments about Marchand.

#82 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

Apparently now he's calling out Shanahan for not knowing the rules.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#83 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

I honestly hope he doesn't change - unless of course he enters the Cooke level of cheap shots.

He is probably the re-invention player so far this season. Is there a trophy for that?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#84 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

He is probably the re-invention player so far this season. Is there a trophy for that?

If I knew how to Photoshop - I could come up with something...Too bad I'm not good with stuff like that :(

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#85 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

Before anyone else even chimes in with the thought too - Marchand didn't NEED to do this to protect himself, but if Salo wasn't so determined in creaming him, he could have moved or gotten low as well... He only got "clipped" because he was trying and determined to make a high hit...

why is everyone giving you minuses? marchand is short, salo is tall, and yes, salo was gonna try to hit marchand high so he took the low road. he only got suspended cause salo got a concussion. if ALL of the canucks weren't such assholes, people wouldn't go after them like they do. hasn't anyone heard lately that no one in the league has any respect for the ****** bag canucks team? they're dirty, yet they dive like no team you've ever seen. the canucks are a mockery to the NHL.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#86 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

why is everyone giving you minuses? marchand is short, salo is tall, and yes, salo was gonna try to hit marchand high so he took the low road. he only got suspended cause salo got a concussion. if ALL of the canucks weren't such assholes, people wouldn't go after them like they do. hasn't anyone heard lately that no one in the league has any respect for the ****** bag canucks team? they're dirty, yet they dive like no team you've ever seen. the canucks are a mockery to the NHL.

I regret that I have but one +1 to give for this post.

#87 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

He is getting minuses because he is flat out wrong, and the video evidence shows it in spades.

Salo wearing a Canucks jersey doesn't make him a scab.

Posted Image

#88 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

He is getting minuses because he is flat out wrong, and the video evidence shows it in spades.

Salo wearing a Canucks jersey doesn't make him a scab.

Salo is definitely the biggest exception to the Canucks team's antics, and why I didn't bold his part about all Nucks being assholes.

#89 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

Marchand's a punk and always has been. Even in high school he was an entitled **** to people. My brother knew him well from minor hockey and school, trust me-- he's a ******.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#90 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

He is back at it:
puck daddy article

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6IF4mQ-AYY8

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#91 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

He is back at it:
puck daddy article

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6IF4mQ-AYY8

The real question is what exactly is he trying to do there?

On the Salo hit I get that he was at least trying to avoid getting crushed while throwing a sort of hip check, but got way too low. This was like he half bailed out of the hit. He's lucky there was no serious knee injury on the play.

#92 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Marchand's a punk and always has been. Even in high school he was an entitled **** to people. My brother knew him well from minor hockey and school, trust me-- he's a ******.

His cousin is one of my best friends and he agrees, he's a bit of a ******.

#93 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

The real question is what exactly is he trying to do there?

On the Salo hit I get that he was at least trying to avoid getting crushed while throwing a sort of hip check, but got way too low. This was like he half bailed out of the hit. He's lucky there was no serious knee injury on the play.

I thought this too.

I think the one thing that may save him from a lengthy suspension is that it looked like he was actually trying to avoid the hit, but lost his balance.

He looked kind of like Ahmad Bradshaw scoring that last touchdown for the Giants.

"Oh no stop! Oh s*** I can't!"

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#94 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

No supplementary discipline per Brendan Shanahan via Twitter.

#95 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

Looks like no suspension for this hit.

From Shanahan's twitter...

Like all penalties on the ice, not all "clips" rise to the level of supplemental discipline. This...

Posted Image

...check by Marchand was delivered to the upper thigh/hip and not the knee area. We don't like it, but not SD (supplementary discipline).

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."