• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kira

Columbus fires head coach Scott Arniel

Rate this topic

I don't think we'll see the ax fall on many more coaches, Arniel was really the last one on the block - Coaching changes are generally done for playoff implications and by this point of the season, the bottom dwellers are already out of the race, any other team that is still within contention wouldn't make sense to shake up the team at this point in the season, unless there are some MAJOR in-house issues somewhere else that we are unaware of...

as already touched on, if anything, I would suspect front office heads are what are going to start rolling next...

Edited by stevkrause

You may be right on that. I've also heard that Calgary might be in the market. :dntknw:

Edited by Kira

I think Scott Arniel is probably a good enough coach but he didn't have much of a chance in Columbus. That team needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. Hitchcock didn't last there and he is one of the better coaches in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if Brent Sutter is gone from Calgary before the end of the season.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Frankly, nash isn't the type of guy to build a franchise around. He's not a complete enough player.

Nash is far from being a complete player but it must be tough being on that team season after season and knowing your team has no chance of making the playoffs. Then when he goes and plays on Team Canada he is one of the best players playing against the best of the best players in the world. Put him with Datsyuk and he'd score 60 goals.

Guest Crymson

Nash is far from being a complete player but it must be tough being on that team season after season and knowing your team has no chance of making the playoffs. Then when he goes and plays on Team Canada he is one of the best players playing against the best of the best players in the world. Put him with Datsyuk and he'd score 60 goals.

Contrary to the belief of many people on these forums, putting someone on Datsyuk's wing is not guaranteed to result in the reaching of incredible heights in goal scoring.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Contrary to the belief of many people on these forums, putting someone on Datsyuk's wing is not guaranteed to result in the reaching of incredible heights in goal scoring.

Nash is a proven goal scorer and one of the best in the game just entering his prime years. He has never played with a legit #1 centre. If he played with Datsyuk he WOULD score 60 goals.

I don't think we'll see the ax fall on many more coaches, Arniel was really the last one on the block - Coaching changes are generally done for playoff implications and by this point of the season, the bottom dwellers are already out of the race, any other team that is still within contention wouldn't make sense to shake up the team at this point in the season, unless there are some MAJOR in-house issues somewhere else that we are unaware of...

as already touched on, if anything, I would suspect front office heads are what are going to start rolling next...

I recall a team making a coaching change on Febuary 15th in the not too distant past, and it had a great change in outcome for that team.