• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/10 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Islanders 5

Rate this topic

My first live wings game of the year! My wife and I are on an east coast swing from wa state. So excited to see Pav dangle people in person 5 0 wings!!!!!

I hate to be the potential bearer of bad news, but...

@AnsarKhanMLive

Datsyuk not skating in Long Island at morning skate

@AnsarKhanMLive

Datsyuk took a hit in chicago sunday before scoring in ot. will find out status after skate

I think people need to temper their expectations a bit. The Islanders are not the worst team in the league or some punk rec league team for that matter. The parity in the NHL really is apparent by the standings. Conklin played well against Chicago, but as normal, the Wings winning or losing will depend on their desire to win the game and some puck luck. Nabokov is no slouch goalie even though he has only one 5 times this season. This is a game the Wings should win, but anyone can win a single game.

I firmly believe the Wings are going to be ready to play tonight and are going to bring it against the Islanders.

Ansar Khan confirms Datsyuk is out tonight:

AnsarKhanMLive

Holland said datsyuk out tonight. not serious. he is day to day

I thought it was interesting that Commie filled in for Dats during the morning skate. Will the Wings be able to fly anyone in before the game tonight? If not, you would think they would go with three solid forward lines with E filling in on the fourth if needed and playing as the 7th defensemen.

I thought it was interesting that Commie filled in for Dats during the morning skate. Will the Wings be able to fly anyone in before the game tonight? If not, you would think they would go with three solid forward lines with E filling in on the fourth if needed and playing as the 7th defensemen.

ansar-khan_normal.pngAnsar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive2m

wings wont recall anybody. go with 11 forwards and 7 defensemen

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

I wonder what the lines will be and who will replace Datsyuk. The Wings could end up trying to rush a call up (Conner, Nyquist etc.)

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler

Franzen - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi

Cleary - Helm - Miller

Conner - Emmerton - Holmstrom

I could see Babcock going with that.

Edit: Eww, that's lame (11 forwards and 7 D)

Edited by mmamolo

I wonder what the lines will be and who will replace Datsyuk. The Wings could end up trying to rush a call up (Conner, Nyquist etc.)

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler

Franzen - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi

Cleary - Helm - Miller

Conner - Emmerton - Holmstrom

I could see Babcock going with that.

Edit: Eww, that's lame (11 forwards and 7 D)

I'm thinking one of the following.

Flip- Z- Huds

Mule- Abby- Bert

Cleary- Helm- Miller

Emmerton, Homer

Mule- Flip- Bert

Huds- Z- Cleary

Abby- Helm- Miller

Homer, Emmerton

which usually translate to goalie standing on his head against wings and getting 50 shots against shutout or 1 goal against.. bastards!

Well Kevin Poulin is currently on a 3 game shutout streak in the AHL soooo, every streak needs to come to an end right...

Conklin is getting the start. I swear if they lose to the Islanders due to poor goaltending...

Because he did such a poor job Sunday night. <_< I think he played great after those 2 goals. He deserves this start and it'll be good for him and the team.

Edited by WizardOfOz30

Because he did such a poor job Sunday night. <_< I think he played great after those 2 goals. He deserves this start and it'll be good for him and the team.

Well because a guy plays 1 decent game after multiple awful ones means he is going to be good tonight? Interesting logic. Not fielding the best team they can always annoys me regardless of this so called rest goalies need.

Fortunately the Wings are not an AHL team.

Well because a guy plays 1 decent game after multiple awful ones means he is going to be good tonight? Interesting logic. Not fielding the best team they can always annoys me regardless of this so called rest goalies need.

It's a good thing you're not making those decisions then.

Edited by rrasco

Fortunately the Wings are not an AHL team.

It's a good thing you're not making those decisions then.

So if Conklin has as save percentage of .850 again and gets burned tonight I will be happy to know that starting him was a great decision. I hope he does well but his history over the last season and however many games he has played for Detroit this year is the model of inconsistency and don't give me crap about him not having great players in front of him last year... he has great players in front of him this year and has been just as inconsistent. The Wings have a chance to put themselves on the top of the division and they come out with Conklin when their best player is injured...baffles me.

Its very possible that Howard was getting a bit fatigued, maybe not physically, but the position is exhausting mentally as well. In the last few games he didn’t look quite like the all star he was for the majority of the first half of the season. A week or so off could do him a lot of good. And we need Conks to get some consistent playing time anyway, two birds, one stone.

Great no Dats and a scrub in net. Gonna be a rough night boys.

Hardly think that the Wings are a one man show. We have enough depth and talent to beat the Islanders. Oh, and did you happen to miss our "scrub" in net stop a penalty shot and beat the Blackhawks? Wings will be just fine :thumbup:

To start Conks is the right decision. We need a more balanced way to start Howard and Conklin. And after the way Conklin played the last two periods its the right desicion to start him again. Let`s hope Conks will continue to play well and Howard will get a little bit more rest.

I love Jimmy, but he's capable of having a bad game too. He's had two in a row now. Regardless of what you think, goalies need rest. You simply can't play one guy 82 games and expect him to have any gas left for a playoff run. What will you think if Conks puts up a solid performance? He played great against the Avs at the beginning of the season and put up another solid performance on Sunday, we have a really small sample size for him this year. He proved he can stop the puck on Sunday. He let in those two early ones, but once he got some playing time, he improved. Can't get better if you don't play.

Looks like Pav is out tonight as a precauion...

http://www.freep.com/article/20120110/SPORTS05/120110033/pavel-datsyuk-injury-red-wings?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

UNIONDALE, N.Y - Quick update from Nassau Coliseum: Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk is out tonight against the Islanders.

Datsyuk said he suffered a lower-body injury during Sunday's game at Chicago, but didn't think it was serious. He's being held out tonight as a precaution, but said he hopes to play Thursday when the Wings host Phoenix.

General manager Ken Holland also said the injury "is not serious." Mike Babcock said "it took us by surprise," so much so, in fact, that they'll have to go with seven defensemen and 11 forwards against the Islanders, as there isn't time to call anyone up from the minors. Chris Conner was sent back down Monday, so that's a good indication of how unexpected this turn of events was.

In other news, Conklin's solid play against Chicago means he's right back in net tonight. Babcock already has told Jimmy Howard he'll play Thursday. Good for the Wings if Conklin can string together two good outings after he struggled the first half. If they can get him going, get his confidence showing, they're not on the hot stove to get a backup goalie before the trade deadline.

As for how the lines will shake out tonight, Babcock is going to have the afternoon to figure it out. He had Johan Franzen between Todd Bertuzzi and defenseman Mike Commodore at one point this morning, but laughed and said that's not likely to happen in the game. Basically, we'll see more of Henrik Zetterberg, Valtteri Filppula and Franzen early, and then if the Wings can impose their will and build a lead, it'll be easier to reduce the wear on the big guys.