• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/10 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Islanders 5

Rate this topic

So if Conklin has as save percentage of .850 again and gets burned tonight I will be happy to know that starting him was a great decision. I hope he does well but his history over the last season and however many games he has played for Detroit this year is the model of inconsistency and don't give me crap about him not having great players in front of him last year... he has great players in front of him this year and has been just as inconsistent. The Wings have a chance to put themselves on the top of the division and they come out with Conklin when their best player is injured...baffles me.

Because he hasn't been played on a consistent basis. I know he's the back up but still having some consistency with his play would help him and the team's confidence playing in front of him. I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see Ty get the start with the fact that Datsyuk is out. Give Ty some more confidence and make the guy play a little harder to make up for the loss.

Its very possible that Howard was getting a bit fatigued, maybe not physically, but the position is exhausting mentally as well. In the last few games he didn’t look quite like the all star he was for the majority of the first half of the season. A week or so off could do him a lot of good. And we need Conks to get some consistent playing time anyway, two birds, one stone.

This

Hardly think that the Wings are a one man show. We have enough depth and talent to beat the Islanders. Oh, and did you happen to miss our "scrub" in net stop a penalty shot and beat the Blackhawks? Wings will be just fine :thumbup:

Did you see him in all his prior games minus his shut out... You guys have a very limited memory lol.

Oh and that penalty shot was a by rookie who waited to long and was forced 5 hole it was not all that spectacular...it was a good thing he did that too and a good thing that Holmstrom covered that puck up so it didn't count as a goal. Conklin really gave up a third goal and that game would have and should have been lost.

Did you see him in all his prior games minus his shut out... You guys have a very limited memory lol.

Oh and that penalty shot was a by rookie who waited to long and was forced 5 hole it was not all that spectacular...it was a good thing he did that too and a good thing that Holmstrom covered that puck up so it didn't count as a goal. Conklin really gave up a third goal and that game would have and should have been lost.

It's always easier to remember the negative things instead of the positive ones. He isn't a terrible goalie regardless of who he faced in that penalty shot.

I'm going to stay positive and say he's got a chance to prove himself and he's going to do his best. Pretty much all you can ask for from any of the guys on the ice.

This irrational hatred you have for Conklin is just making you look foolish.

He isn't the best goalie in the world, but he is the backup, end of story. No matter how much you continue to incessantly ***** and moan about it, there is absolutely nothing you can do to change it.

Really wish Datsyuk was playing, but good that he's resting up and not pushing it. He has been steadily climbing in the league point race, and is now in the top 10.

I just want to see a real good effort, and perhaps not playing from behind early in the 1st. Game starts at 7 boys, don't be late this time. :thumbup:

Edited by hooon

Per Keating, it's Pav's groin. Hope it's not too bad, those groins can be mischievous.

Red Wings being careful w/Pavel Datsyuk's groin strain. Late decision to scratch-too late to get Nyquist up.Will play with 7D.

Will be at the game tonight, bummed Datsyuk and Howard aren't playing. However, its going to be a good game with a big Wings Win!

Lets Go Wings.

Last time I was in Uniondale the wings lost 6-0 so lets try to erase that nightmare from 2 years ago.

I wonder if that had anything to do with Kane's several lumberjack chops right to Datsyuk's "groin" in the final seconds of OT.

I blame Teows for jumping on his back down ice before he scored the GWG.

Edited by rrasco

I wonder if that had anything to do with Kane's several lumberjack chops right to Datsyuk's "groin" in the final seconds of OT.

Just think of it this way, Kane had several chops at that but couldn't knock that tree down. Just shows that Kane is a pansy.

Will be at the game tonight, bummed Datsyuk and Howard aren't playing. However, its going to be a good game with a big Wings Win!

Lets Go Wings.

Last time I was in Uniondale the wings lost 6-0 so lets try to erase that nightmare from 2 years ago.

Exact same situation. First game there since that horrible, horrible night.

Guest irishock

Nabby would've gotten 41 saves and some highlight reel ones if he played against us... lol

This should be fun. I actually have been playing as the Islanders in GM mode on NHL 12 for a month now so I have gotten to know the players pretty well. (Well... names, positions and video game stats). I like to pick a crappy team and make them into a dynasty like last year I did one with the Panthers. Moulson is turning into a star for that team. He has a great shot so hopefully whoever matches up with him plays at a high tempo and doesn't give him much room because he will bury it. Wings have too much skill though to let this one slide even with the players out. 5-3 Wings.