• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/10 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Islanders 5

Rate this topic

Motivation is something that this team seems to lack at times. the standings are to tight for this

This is the same kind of play that gets you behind 3-0 in a best of 7 series but I guess they never learn their lessons. All I saw was the score on the ticker tonight and I don't plan on watching any highlights b/c I might smash something! This is starting to look just like last season post Thanksgiving with the inconsistent play and thus a lower seed in the playoffs!

Guest irishock

Worst of all, looks like St. Louis, Chicago, Vancouver, Nashville, Minnesota are all winning today while we lose to the ******* Isles

If tonight's performance is a direct result of last night's emotional win in overtime I never again want to see an emotional

win in overtime. Ever. Furthermore, I do not even want them to be in the overtime. Butt-a hey, the refs are refs.

Oh well...When you love Red Wings as much as I do, what can you do? Just get the hell outta dodge, in this case, a depressing

island, go home, and kick ass against the Coyotes, come Thursday.

And spend that $5 mil in cap space wisely.

Red Wing 'till I die.

Edited by Crveni

and when they are bad, they are very, very bad. It wasn't their night, since they didn't really ever have a handle on this game. I feel bad for Conks, mostly.

Fil has a couple of great chances, and Mule hit a post... puck luck just sucked, that's all. Better game next time, guys. Onward!!

Hahah, Babs you look like a joke acting like that. Good on you after that performance.

Also, why'd he bench Commodore? What has Kindl or Ericsson really done tonight?

Other than, you know, assisting on our only goal?

Edited by Aussie_Wing

This entire road trip was pretty lackluster with the exception of a few periods. Tonight was just a disaster in every sense. I'm not sold on Conklin, but he got hung out to dry with odd-man rushes the entire game. The Red Wings defense was awful these past four games -- far too many quality scoring chances allowed because of turnovers and appearing to not be engaged in the game. 15 goals allowed in four games is the garbage we saw last year.

Filppula has missed so many open nets this season. This team desperately needs a legitimate goal-scorer to go deep in the playoffs. Another poor start and loss to an inferior opponent because the Red Wings didn't show up to play. Pretty frustrating to watch so often in such a tight playoff race where every point is significant.

Definitely need to keep winning at home because the road appears to be a lost cause.

This was the Wings` third away game in four nights. That's not easy.

But logic never deters people on here from crying doom anyway.

Second in four nights actually.

Because they looked lazy and unmotivated from the very beginning, it's hard to say they were tired as the game wore on.

Guest irishock

At least we'll be back at home for 5 of the next 7 until we make our western Canada revenge road trip (when we'll REALLY have to start playing well on the road), and then play 10 of 12 at the Joe. Our killer stretch might finally be over.

Guest Crymson

That's an excuse. The Red Wings inability to show up for games has been a problem for years.

Umm... what? Oh, OK. So I guess they're the only team that ever plays bad games. Got it. Or maybe teams just sometimes play bad games and that's normal, and it happens to all teams. Yeah, that seems more likely.

And no, it's not an excuse. When you've gotten into professional hockey and played three games in four nights, get back to me and tell me how easy it is to play at 100% capacity in the second game, let alone in the third one.