• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

UofM/NHL in Advanced Talks for Winter Classic

Rate this topic

It will be interesting to see how many tickets go on to sale to the general public. If they follow there usual route, tickets will be available to Wings' season ticket holders and probably UofM season ticket holders first. Then, Toronto season ticket holders would get a crack. With the larger venue, here is hoping more general ticket sales will be available.

I am loving this. If all of this falls into place, it should be a great group of events.

I am concerned about ticket sales too. I know I may sound stupid, but I don't think U of M ticket holders should have an advantage over general public just because their venue is being used. Not everyone has connections or season tickets for the Wings and U of M. I hope there is a limit of the number of tickets that can be purchased through that. I just hope that the prices aren't outrageous given how large the stadium is because I would really like the chance to attend.

This is one of those things where everyone and their brother wants to attend it...whether or not they're hockey fans and then those of us that love the game and really want to go won't be able to find a ticket that hasn't been marked up 1000%. Not trying to sound negative because I am so excited for this and plan on being there, I just hope that it's not going to be a difficult task to find tickets that don't break the bank.

As for hotels, you can probably find places within half an hour of Ann Arbor but I'd start looking now. Try Canton, Plymouth, Livonia, Novi. Not sure the quality of hotels since I don't stay at them.

I agree, I've been making it a tradition for the last four years to attend the New Year's Eve games in Detroit, so this one would probably take it's place, hopefully I could get a ticket, maybe two if I could talk a friend into coming.

As for hotels, you can probably find places within half an hour of Ann Arbor but I'd start looking now. Try Canton, Plymouth, Livonia, Novi. Not sure the quality of hotels since I don't stay at them.

Or, if you have at least a C cup (moobs not included), you can stay the night at my apartment...

eyyoooo!

Or, if you have at least a C cup (moobs not included), you can stay the night at my apartment...

eyyoooo!

If I have two of them, can I stay two nights?

(Don't worry. I won't be going to the game. Too spendy.)

24/7 could be very interesting...

24/7 is basically the main reason I want the Winter Classic here, over the game even. An extremely in depth look into the team like never before, especially on the ice and Babs in practice/locker room.

24/7 is basically the main reason I want the Winter Classic here, over the game even. An extremely in depth look into the team like never before, especially on the ice and Babs in practice/locker room.

Ya I have to agree with you there, haha Winter Classic is cool, but 24/7 is honestly the best thing to happen to hockey.

I even enjoyed watching it when the stupid Penguins were on it, and that's saying something.

From what I heard U of M needs to acquire a waiver in order to be able to legally sell alcohol at the game, I'm sure they would be able to get a temporary one for the occasion.

I wonder if Ilitch is fine with the game being in Ann Arbor, or if he was just told by the NHL, either it's Ann Arbor or you don't get the game... I know he is gonna get a ton of money from the 110,000+ tickets sold and that probably swayed his mind just a little bit....

I wonder if Ilitch is fine with the game being in Ann Arbor, or if he was just told by the NHL, either it's Ann Arbor or you don't get the game... I know he is gonna get a ton of money from the 110,000+ tickets sold and that probably swayed his mind just a little bit....

If the rumors are true and the event gets split between Ann Arbor and Comerica Park, I'm guessing Ilitch gets a bigger cut of the Comerica Park events and the league gets a bigger cut of the Ann Arbor game.

I shouldn't even be humoring this comment, but since when is it the NHL's responsibility to help the economy of Detroit?

I meant to +1 that but missed and negged you instead. :blush: Sorry about that, I thought it was a great comment.

Looks like we will know by the All-Star Break. Also, looks like both Comerica and Michigan Stadium will have rinks - with everything but the actual Winter Classic taking place at Comerica and Downtown Detroit. The GLI at Comerica would be awesome.

My link