33 replies to this topic

#1 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=611247

Congrats to Jimmy & Pavs for being selected.

Full rosters now added here: http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=76666

Edited by ogreslayer, 12 January 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#2 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=611247

Congrats to Jimmy & Pavs for being selected.

Full rosters now added here: http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=76666

No Lidstrom though, wonder if he opted out.
I'm offended that you're offended.

#3 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Full list here: http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=76666

Glad to see there's some sanity and Fleury and Rinne aren't among the goaltenders.

Lack of Lidstrom and inclusion of Ovechkin are still curious, however.

No Lidstrom though, wonder if he opted out.

SUSPEND HIM! SUSPEND HIM!

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#4 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Gonna be funny not seeing Nick...but I can bet he'll love the time off to spend with family.
Posted Image

#5 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Lidstrom has to be the most glaring omission. He's still in Norris discussion.
RIP #24

#6 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

Id guess they did him a favor and left him off. Its been pretty clear the last couple years he doesnt want to do it. And instead of having to suspend him they just snubbed him. Who cares though..
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#7 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

As "The greatest defenseman to ever play the game" there's no reason he would have been excluded without him saying something. It stands to reason that he was invited and declined. Informally, that is.

Edited by jfranzen, 12 January 2012 - 01:16 PM.

I'm offended that you're offended.

#8 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

Babs hinted this morning if he wanted to be there he would have been. I think they let him take the weekend off. Really glad to see Jimmy get credit where it's due, but I'd still prefer both of our all stars rested.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#9 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

tavares, seguin, kane, wideman, byfuglien, pmminville, timonen? of course we all know that phaneuf is a farce and nothing you can do about it. But some of these guys are out of place. Moulson has been better than tavares, seguin has been decent but not all-star like, kane has been good but why add him if you already have toews and hossa, wideman? this guy had a hat trick, and that is abotu it, bufuglien has been injured alot, pomminville is decent but his whole team sucks, jsut because he is the best forward shoudln't mean anything, they still have adam in the rookie category, timonen? guy has like 1 goal.

Edited by jollymania, 12 January 2012 - 01:35 PM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#10 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

2 Wings too many. but I can live with that. I'd be OK with both Pavel and Jimmy having some mysterious "injury" just prior to the All-Star Weekend.

as I said multiple times: I'd rather watch Wings players participate in All Star games in June ;)

#11 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Pavel most likely doesn't want to go again. He can blame Z's low numbers for having to go.

Nick, for sure, didn't want to go again. He probably politely declined when informally asked by the NHL.

Jimmy on the other hand though, is probably pretty excited. Especially after considering his comments about it in the past. Though, I never see this event as much fun for goalies to begin with.

#12 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

Pavel most likely doesn't want to go again. He can blame Z's low numbers for having to go.

Nick, for sure, didn't want to go again. He probably politely declined when informally asked by the NHL.

Jimmy on the other hand though, is probably pretty excited. Especially after considering his comments about it in the past. Though, I never see this event as much fun for goalies to begin with.

re: Lids

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun
Lidstrom informed the league well in advance that he'd rather have the weekend off. He's earned that.

#13 Zohan Franzen

Zohan Franzen

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

wonder who will be named as the captains. Alfredsson (should be) and ......?

#14 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if Iginla was the other one.

#15 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

Totally deserved, congrats guys!
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#16 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,887 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

I wonder how early Pavel gets picked in the "draft".
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#17 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

Nicely done. Especially Jim.

I'm okay with Lidstrom not being in the All Star game. While he is in Norris contention (Isn't he always?), he isn't necessarily having a "standout" year, and voters aren't really going to vote for him otherwise unless for simple reputation or by watching every single Wings game.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#18 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Always a dilemma. Nice to receive the recognition but selfishly, you want your own players rested esp guys like Datsyuk and Lidstrom and Jimmy (who is a workhorse). 99.9% sure that Lidstrom declined and NHL honored his request. Go and enjoy time with that gorgeous wife of yours in Sweden Lids ;) !

As for captain, I think Kessel should be and Ovi gets picked last :D

Edited by RedWingsRox, 12 January 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#19 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Congrats to Jimmy and Dats. :clap:

I wish Pavel could get the extra rest over the break but it would be a farce if he wasn't selected. He can't fake an injury without missing the regular season game that follows the All-Star game.

I was hoping Jimmy wouldn't be selected as he was being overworked. He seems to be genuinely excited about going so good for him.

It's great that Lids gets to spend some time with his family. Good move by the NHL.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#20 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

I bet Jimmy is excited. His first ASG. It's not like the goalies get worked that hard either, they only have to play 20 minutes. I'm sure it's not fun knowing you'll probably let in 3-4 with the talent on the ice though.

I wonder how early Pavel gets picked in the "draft".

Are they doing the draft again? Last year they didn't stop talking about how they were going to do it and this year I haven't heard a peep about the format. Maybe because I ignore most ASG related 'news'.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30