• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ogreslayer

Congrats to Jimmy & Pavs

Rate this topic

Full list here: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=76666

Glad to see there's some sanity and Fleury and Rinne aren't among the goaltenders.

Lack of Lidstrom and inclusion of Ovechkin are still curious, however.

No Lidstrom though, wonder if he opted out.

SUSPEND HIM! SUSPEND HIM!

Id guess they did him a favor and left him off. Its been pretty clear the last couple years he doesnt want to do it. And instead of having to suspend him they just snubbed him. Who cares though..

As "The greatest defenseman to ever play the game" there's no reason he would have been excluded without him saying something. It stands to reason that he was invited and declined. Informally, that is.

Edited by jfranzen

Babs hinted this morning if he wanted to be there he would have been. I think they let him take the weekend off. Really glad to see Jimmy get credit where it's due, but I'd still prefer both of our all stars rested.

tavares, seguin, kane, wideman, byfuglien, pmminville, timonen? of course we all know that phaneuf is a farce and nothing you can do about it. But some of these guys are out of place. Moulson has been better than tavares, seguin has been decent but not all-star like, kane has been good but why add him if you already have toews and hossa, wideman? this guy had a hat trick, and that is abotu it, bufuglien has been injured alot, pomminville is decent but his whole team sucks, jsut because he is the best forward shoudln't mean anything, they still have adam in the rookie category, timonen? guy has like 1 goal.

Edited by jollymania

2 Wings too many. but I can live with that. I'd be OK with both Pavel and Jimmy having some mysterious "injury" just prior to the All-Star Weekend.

as I said multiple times: I'd rather watch Wings players participate in All Star games in June ;)

Pavel most likely doesn't want to go again. He can blame Z's low numbers for having to go.

Nick, for sure, didn't want to go again. He probably politely declined when informally asked by the NHL.

Jimmy on the other hand though, is probably pretty excited. Especially after considering his comments about it in the past. Though, I never see this event as much fun for goalies to begin with.

Pavel most likely doesn't want to go again. He can blame Z's low numbers for having to go.

Nick, for sure, didn't want to go again. He probably politely declined when informally asked by the NHL.

Jimmy on the other hand though, is probably pretty excited. Especially after considering his comments about it in the past. Though, I never see this event as much fun for goalies to begin with.

re: Lids

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun

Lidstrom informed the league well in advance that he'd rather have the weekend off. He's earned that.

Nicely done. Especially Jim.

I'm okay with Lidstrom not being in the All Star game. While he is in Norris contention (Isn't he always?), he isn't necessarily having a "standout" year, and voters aren't really going to vote for him otherwise unless for simple reputation or by watching every single Wings game.

Always a dilemma. Nice to receive the recognition but selfishly, you want your own players rested esp guys like Datsyuk and Lidstrom and Jimmy (who is a workhorse). 99.9% sure that Lidstrom declined and NHL honored his request. Go and enjoy time with that gorgeous wife of yours in Sweden Lids ;) !

As for captain, I think Kessel should be and Ovi gets picked last :D

Edited by RedWingsRox

Congrats to Jimmy and Dats. :clap:

I wish Pavel could get the extra rest over the break but it would be a farce if he wasn't selected. He can't fake an injury without missing the regular season game that follows the All-Star game.

I was hoping Jimmy wouldn't be selected as he was being overworked. He seems to be genuinely excited about going so good for him.

It's great that Lids gets to spend some time with his family. Good move by the NHL.

I bet Jimmy is excited. His first ASG. It's not like the goalies get worked that hard either, they only have to play 20 minutes. I'm sure it's not fun knowing you'll probably let in 3-4 with the talent on the ice though.

I wonder how early Pavel gets picked in the "draft".

Are they doing the draft again? Last year they didn't stop talking about how they were going to do it and this year I haven't heard a peep about the format. Maybe because I ignore most ASG related 'news'.

I totally forgot about the new format with the Captains. Sort of like Lidstrom went out on top after being Captain.

"I'm all set with All Star Games, been there, done that. Twelve times."