• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ogreslayer

Congrats to Jimmy & Pavs

Rate this topic

With age comes wisdom...

...that the All-Star game is really worthless.

For them maybe.

But not for the younger players. Some of those guys may never get another chance to go and play with the best players in the world.

Still, I don't like the ASG as much as I did when I was a kid. I don't know if the players were cooler then, or the format was better, or if I just had different tastes.

For them maybe.

But not for the younger players. Some of those guys may never get another chance to go and play with the best players in the world.

Still, I don't like the ASG as much as I did when I was a kid. I don't know if the players were cooler then, or the format was better, or if I just had different tastes.

I think it has to do with the availability of hockey games. Ten years ago it wouldn't have been as easy to see the best players to play the game in other formats than the All Star game, so it meant more. Now, it's simply an extra showcase of top-tier talent. It doesn't mean as much.

Guest Crymson

Yay for those two.

As "The greatest defenseman to ever play the game" there's no reason he would have been excluded without him saying something. It stands to reason that he was invited and declined. Informally, that is.

I'm pretty sure that this is spot-on correct.

I wonder how early Pavel gets picked in the "draft".

If I were selecting I'd tend to pick the younger guys who are new to the experience. Guys like Pav and Alfie aren't going to go balls out like Karlsson or Giroux.

I understand why, but I'm not a big fan of Ovechkin being there, especially since he's being outperformed by a teammate that didn't get selected.

Almost the entire Washington roster is guilty of extreme underachievement. Something in that locker room needs to change.

Gee, I wonder why Mr. Clutch never gets picked to go.... after-all, he IS the most clutch player in the NHL, right? Oh and that scrub Hossa, he never goes either....oh wait...

But ya, congrats to Datsyuk and Howard. It'll be awesome to see if Dats and Hossa team up for some highlights like the time Hossa had 40 goals and Pavel had nearly 100 points that year playing along side him...sure glad Franzen is Pavs line-mate now instead of Hossa...

But oh well, Mr. Clutch will prove me wrong! (one day?...maybe?...sometime?...soon?...please?...just once?)

Ya for Jimmy, he deserves it and I hope he shines!

Gee, I wonder why Mr. Clutch never gets picked to go.... after-all, he IS the most clutch player in the NHL, right? Oh and that scrub Hossa, he never goes either....oh wait...

But ya, congrats to Datsyuk and Howard. It'll be awesome to see if Dats and Hossa team up for some highlights like the time Hossa had 40 goals and Pavel had nearly 100 points that year playing along side him...sure glad Franzen is Pavs line-mate now instead of Hossa...

But oh well, Mr. Clutch will prove me wrong! (one day?...maybe?...sometime?...soon?...please?...just once?)

Ya for Jimmy, he deserves it and I hope he shines!

We get it. Franzen is useless and is the worst.

You don't have to bring it up in threads that don't have to do with him.