• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WMUCarGuy

Zetterberg Trade Rumor

Rate this topic

At work today a coworker forwarded me an email he received from a friend who apparently lives next to or near Ken Holland. No idea how reliable this is, but this person claims the Wings are about to trade Zetterberg to Florida for Stephen Weiss and a 2nd round draft pick.

At work today a coworker forwarded me an email he received from a friend who apparently lives next to or near Ken Holland. No idea how reliable this is, but this person claims the Wings are about to trade Zetterberg to Florida for Stephen Weiss and a 2nd round draft pick.

:hysterical:

a friend of a friend who near Holland....hmmmm, guess they spoke about this important matter over a couple of ginger pop's in the garage listening to Tom Petty?

can´t imagine. If we trade, we would/should look for a goal-scorer. Weiss has only scored 20 or more goals twice in his career. We have enough pass-players. Beside this, i do not like the idea of hank beeing traded.

Edited by Rubbel_die_Katz

If Zetterberg's name is in the rumor and the other name is anything short of Ovechkin or Stamkos or Malkin then don't believe your friend's brother's uncle who lives next door to Holland's bastard child's half brother's nephew, who just happens to bank at the same place as Kory Kocur...

Maybe the minus ticks are because this isn't even a rumor, this is unsubstantiated pap. It's like the beginning of Take It On The Run by REO Speedwagon: "Heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another that Hank might be traded for Stephen Weiss." This is less than a rumor.

Why are you guys such non-believers?

I've talked with Jarome Iginla on several occasions over the last six months, and he tells me he'd love to win a Cup before his career is over.

Dude, Yzerman just texted me, said he'd give us Stamkos for Ericsson.

Well, I can clear all this up real fast. Hank and I are sorta FWB, so the next time I see him, I'll ask him if he's going anywhere. After he laughs and says he'd never leave me (such a sweetie, that one), I'll say I mean is he leaving the Wings. He'll say no, I'll post it here, and we'll all put this behind us.

Done.

Well for what it's worth - someone here had the luxury of attending a Tigers game in Mike Ilitch's suite...Can't remember who it was, but he said that a somewhat intoxicated Ken Holland was there as well...Being a Wings fan this poster chatted with Holland for some time; eventually telling him that Modano was gonna become a Red Wing.

Now I personally don't think Hank is going anywhere soon, but ya never know.

Now I know you did not start this thread so I'm not trying to single you out, but I'm guessing that the hot Modano tip was on the heals of it, generally, being common knowledge or pretty close to this type of scenario.

EVEN if Holland planned on trading Zetterberg, and EVEN if he was close to this neighbour both geographically and personally, I doubt he would off-handedly disclose such a specific amount of info. Maybe, when prompted, Holland might have said "we're open for trade talks for Zetterberg if the right package came along", but anything else is hard to believe. Now I'm just speculating here of course, using my best logic.

I can't believe this thread even exists, it's so absurd.

That's weird. Jimmy Devellano and I had lunch yesterday and he said they were going with a package deal, sending Hank, Dats and Conklin to Anaheim for Perry, Getzlaf and Hiller.

....and you didn't immediately jam an oyster fork between his eyes? I'd have done a dine-n-dash on him, just because.

HAHAHAHAHA........I remember my first hit of acid.

I wouldn't question whether someone knows Holland's neighbor or is Holland's neighbor, but i do question the validity of Holland disclosing such information, actually I'd question the information in general because if it was going to happen, there would be no delay.

Well for what it's worth - someone here had the luxury of attending a Tigers game in Mike Ilitch's suite...Can't remember who it was, but he said that a somewhat intoxicated Ken Holland was there as well...Being a Wings fan this poster chatted with Holland for some time; eventually telling him that Modano was gonna become a Red Wing.

Now I personally don't think Hank is going anywhere soon, but ya never know.

There was also the guy who was on here telling us we were getting Brad Stewart at the trade deadline, and got flamed to hell and back for it......then we got Brad Stewart at the trade deadline.

He didn't reveal his sources though, no matter how tenous ;)