• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

That's weird. Jimmy Devellano and I had lunch yesterday and he said they were going with a package deal, sending Hank, Dats and Conklin to Anaheim for Perry, Getzlaf and Hiller.

....and you didn't immediately jam an oyster fork between his eyes? I'd have done a dine-n-dash on him, just because.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#22 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,506 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

Now I know you did not start this thread so I'm not trying to single you out, but I'm guessing that the hot Modano tip was on the heals of it, generally, being common knowledge or pretty close to this type of scenario.

EVEN if Holland planned on trading Zetterberg, and EVEN if he was close to this neighbour both geographically and personally, I doubt he would off-handedly disclose such a specific amount of info. Maybe, when prompted, Holland might have said "we're open for trade talks for Zetterberg if the right package came along", but anything else is hard to believe. Now I'm just speculating here of course, using my best logic.

I can't believe this thread even exists, it's so absurd.

If I remember correctly Modano had just met with Holland, and Ilitch, and were several days away from signing the 1 yr deal when this poster informed us members...So yeah - unlike the Hank rumor - the Modano rumor was well underway.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#23 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

Z is the next captain hes not going anywhere

#24 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

At work today a coworker forwarded me an email he received from a friend who apparently lives next to or near Ken Holland. No idea how reliable this is, but this person claims the Wings are about to trade Zetterberg to Florida for Stephen Weiss and a 2nd round draft pick.

HAHAHAHAHA........I remember my first hit of acid.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#25 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

I actually work with Holland he unloads truck with me on the side he said Zetterberg was getting traded for Colton Orr.

#26 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

I was out checking the mail today and Holland was mowing his yard, on his bluetooth.
I heard him, say 'Zetterberg' and 'dumbest move ever', so I put 2 and 2 together."

- recovered from lost email.

#27 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,447 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

I wouldn't question whether someone knows Holland's neighbor or is Holland's neighbor, but i do question the validity of Holland disclosing such information, actually I'd question the information in general because if it was going to happen, there would be no delay.

#28 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

Man..aside from the ridiculousness of trading Zetterberg for anyone, the guy couldn't even make up an equivalent player to trade for? In what world would Zetterberg be given up for Weiss?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#29 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

Well for what it's worth - someone here had the luxury of attending a Tigers game in Mike Ilitch's suite...Can't remember who it was, but he said that a somewhat intoxicated Ken Holland was there as well...Being a Wings fan this poster chatted with Holland for some time; eventually telling him that Modano was gonna become a Red Wing.

Now I personally don't think Hank is going anywhere soon, but ya never know.

There was also the guy who was on here telling us we were getting Brad Stewart at the trade deadline, and got flamed to hell and back for it......then we got Brad Stewart at the trade deadline.

He didn't reveal his sources though, no matter how tenous ;)
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#30 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,506 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:20 AM

There was also the guy who was on here telling us we were getting Brad Stewart at the trade deadline, and got flamed to hell and back for it......then we got Brad Stewart at the trade deadline.

He didn't reveal his sources though, no matter how tenous ;)

See - it's why I don't rag on people who come up with some of these trade rumours...Sure - some of them may be outta left field, but then there's that 1 person who just so happens to be spot on, and we all look like jerks for bashing him/her.

Once again - for the record - I don't think Zetterberg is going anywhere, but he certainly is 1 player on the Red Wings who could bring alot back in return if Holland did choose to make him available.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#31 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

At work today a coworker forwarded me an email he received from a friend who apparently lives next to or near Ken Holland. No idea how reliable this is, but this person claims the Wings are about to trade Zetterberg to Florida for Stephen Weiss and a 2nd round draft pick.

Riiight and Holland would say something like that to just any one :flush:

I actually work with Holland he unloads truck with me on the side he said Zetterberg was getting traded for Colton Orr.

you got that wrong its not Colton its Bobbie
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#32 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

I have a friend who washes Kenny Holland's car each Saturday and he told me that Henrik Zetterberg is going to be traded to the Blues for T.J. Oshie and a 3rd round draft pick.

Ken Holland's cat's hair dresser told me that Pavel Datsyuk is going to be traded to the Blackhawks for Dave Bolland and a 2nd round draft pick.

Ken Holland's alter ego named Len Rolland told me that Ken Holland is going to trade himself to the Red Wings for Ken Holland and a 2nd round draft pick. Ken Holland will then trade Len Rolland and 3 draft picks to the Red Wings for Ken Holland, Len Rolland and Richard Simmonds (Wayne's dad).

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 13 January 2012 - 10:58 AM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#33 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

I didn't even know there was such a thing as an oyster fork.

Maybe we should trade Zetterberg for one.

Not Hank Zetterberg, of course. Milton Zetterberg. He mows the lawn for Kenny Holland. I heard he was looking to get some other kid to do it instead. Some hockey player...

#34 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

Can't see this ever happening but I might consider a Zetterberg for Ryan or Perry or Getzlaf

#35 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

:hysterical:

a friend of a friend who near Holland....hmmmm, guess they spoke about this important matter over a couple of ginger pop's in the garage listening to Tom Petty?

LOL at Tom Petty !!! Someone should send that to Eklund, and see how long before he claims it as his own source, and gives it the E5 !

#36 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

I have it on good authority that that's a retarded trade. Z's slowed but he's been a point per game player over the last 25 or so games and he's still a beast in the playoffs. Even with the huge contract they'd be taking on that would be a horribly lopsided trade for Florid.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#37 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Zetterberg started the season with 3g 4a in his first 18 games. Since then he has 5g 20a in the last 25 games. Obviously, we would all like him to score some more goals but you also cannot deny that he is scoring at a PPG pace right now.

Datsyuk has 11g and 23a in his last 26 games. If you have both of your top two centres putting up points like that you are in great shape. At this point, who cares how Zetterberg started the year (production-wise) he's producing right now and ideally will continue to do so through the rest of the season and into the playoffs.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#38 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

Lets actually sit back and think about how ridiculous this is for a minute. Zetterberg is in the 3rd year of his 12 year deal - Holland made it clear that they want Zetterberg in Detroit for the rest of his career when he was signed. People are getting poopy because it seems like Zetterberg has lost a step over the last couple of seasons, yet the guy is still on pace for 60+ regular season points, not to mention his worth is measured mostly in his ability to perform in the playoffs. The guys postseason numbers are great when it matters most, and the Red Wings have always regarded playoff performances as being more valuable than regular season stats. Trading for Iginla of all people is arguably not an improvement in the short term, and leaves them stranded next year, once he becomes a free agent. Zetterberg's cap hit of just over 6 mill is an absolute STEAL in today's game, and I am sure the Wings are more than happy having Zetter on their books for the long haul. Besides, when has Ken Holland EVER traded a major roster player before the deadline? Never. Zetterberg won't be traded. The Wings are on pace for another great year, and Holland will attempt to get a second line scorer closer to the deadline. Keep in mind Iginla has stated publicly that he does not want to leave Calgary. I am not convinced they are willing to part with him, either. It makes no sense on so many levels.

Edit - I addressed the Iginla rumour here..but the Weiss crap is even more ludicrous

Edited by Yzerfan1999, 13 January 2012 - 06:17 PM.

When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#39 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

Posted Image

It took me forever to find this.
I'm offended that you're offended.

#40 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

Zetterberg & Kronwall for Hedman & Lecavalier TB / or Karlsson & Michalek OTT / or Myers & Vanek BUF and so on.
you can come up with numerous trade ideas but the only one's that'll happen are the one's no one predicts right?

Hank will turn it around and in a way i think Kenny knows whats needed to help him along ( Nash&Neal on his wings)!

all joking apart, Z is going thru a rough period by his standards but others are helping out more this year than they did last year so it isnt hurting us to badly, i mean we are atop of the pile after 50 games. Id be more worried if he wasnt getting chances to score but he does lead the team on shots so hes getting in postion just not finding the net as much as we want him to. Rex is top of the roster on scoring % at 21.7% if Hank had converted at that rate he would have 32 goals already, and maybe the Wings would be 8 or 9 points clear at the top. Ifs and buts so heres to a change in fortune for Hank in front of the net and hopefully another 20+ goal haul for him.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.