• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WMUCarGuy

Zetterberg Trade Rumor

Rate this topic

At work today a coworker forwarded me an email he received from a friend who apparently lives next to or near Ken Holland. No idea how reliable this is, but this person claims the Wings are about to trade Zetterberg to Florida for Stephen Weiss and a 2nd round draft pick.

Riiight and Holland would say something like that to just any one :flush:

I actually work with Holland he unloads truck with me on the side he said Zetterberg was getting traded for Colton Orr.

you got that wrong its not Colton its Bobbie

Guest Hatethedrake!

At work today a coworker forwarded me an email he received from a friend who apparently lives next to or near Ken Holland. No idea how reliable this is, but this person claims the Wings are about to trade Zetterberg to Florida for Stephen Weiss and a 2nd round draft pick.

I have a friend who washes Kenny Holland's car each Saturday and he told me that Henrik Zetterberg is going to be traded to the Blues for T.J. Oshie and a 3rd round draft pick.

Ken Holland's cat's hair dresser told me that Pavel Datsyuk is going to be traded to the Blackhawks for Dave Bolland and a 2nd round draft pick.

Ken Holland's alter ego named Len Rolland told me that Ken Holland is going to trade himself to the Red Wings for Ken Holland and a 2nd round draft pick. Ken Holland will then trade Len Rolland and 3 draft picks to the Red Wings for Ken Holland, Len Rolland and Richard Simmonds (Wayne's dad).

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I didn't even know there was such a thing as an oyster fork.

Maybe we should trade Zetterberg for one.

Not Hank Zetterberg, of course. Milton Zetterberg. He mows the lawn for Kenny Holland. I heard he was looking to get some other kid to do it instead. Some hockey player...

:hysterical:

a friend of a friend who near Holland....hmmmm, guess they spoke about this important matter over a couple of ginger pop's in the garage listening to Tom Petty?

LOL at Tom Petty !!! Someone should send that to Eklund, and see how long before he claims it as his own source, and gives it the E5 !

I have it on good authority that that's a retarded trade. Z's slowed but he's been a point per game player over the last 25 or so games and he's still a beast in the playoffs. Even with the huge contract they'd be taking on that would be a horribly lopsided trade for Florid.

Zetterberg started the season with 3g 4a in his first 18 games. Since then he has 5g 20a in the last 25 games. Obviously, we would all like him to score some more goals but you also cannot deny that he is scoring at a PPG pace right now.

Datsyuk has 11g and 23a in his last 26 games. If you have both of your top two centres putting up points like that you are in great shape. At this point, who cares how Zetterberg started the year (production-wise) he's producing right now and ideally will continue to do so through the rest of the season and into the playoffs.

Lets actually sit back and think about how ridiculous this is for a minute. Zetterberg is in the 3rd year of his 12 year deal - Holland made it clear that they want Zetterberg in Detroit for the rest of his career when he was signed. People are getting poopy because it seems like Zetterberg has lost a step over the last couple of seasons, yet the guy is still on pace for 60+ regular season points, not to mention his worth is measured mostly in his ability to perform in the playoffs. The guys postseason numbers are great when it matters most, and the Red Wings have always regarded playoff performances as being more valuable than regular season stats. Trading for Iginla of all people is arguably not an improvement in the short term, and leaves them stranded next year, once he becomes a free agent. Zetterberg's cap hit of just over 6 mill is an absolute STEAL in today's game, and I am sure the Wings are more than happy having Zetter on their books for the long haul. Besides, when has Ken Holland EVER traded a major roster player before the deadline? Never. Zetterberg won't be traded. The Wings are on pace for another great year, and Holland will attempt to get a second line scorer closer to the deadline. Keep in mind Iginla has stated publicly that he does not want to leave Calgary. I am not convinced they are willing to part with him, either. It makes no sense on so many levels.

Edit - I addressed the Iginla rumour here..but the Weiss crap is even more ludicrous

Edited by Yzerfan1999

Zetterberg & Kronwall for Hedman & Lecavalier TB / or Karlsson & Michalek OTT / or Myers & Vanek BUF and so on.

you can come up with numerous trade ideas but the only one's that'll happen are the one's no one predicts right?

Hank will turn it around and in a way i think Kenny knows whats needed to help him along ( Nash&Neal on his wings)!

all joking apart, Z is going thru a rough period by his standards but others are helping out more this year than they did last year so it isnt hurting us to badly, i mean we are atop of the pile after 50 games. Id be more worried if he wasnt getting chances to score but he does lead the team on shots so hes getting in postion just not finding the net as much as we want him to. Rex is top of the roster on scoring % at 21.7% if Hank had converted at that rate he would have 32 goals already, and maybe the Wings would be 8 or 9 points clear at the top. Ifs and buts so heres to a change in fortune for Hank in front of the net and hopefully another 20+ goal haul for him.

I have a friend who washes Kenny Holland's car each Saturday and he told me that Henrik Zetterberg is going to be traded to the Blues for T.J. Oshie and a 3rd round draft pick.

Ken Holland's cat's hair dresser told me that Pavel Datsyuk is going to be traded to the Blackhawks for Dave Bolland and a 2nd round draft pick.

Ken Holland's alter ego named Len Rolland told me that Ken Holland is going to trade himself to the Red Wings for Ken Holland and a 2nd round draft pick. Ken Holland will then trade Len Rolland and 3 draft picks to the Red Wings for Ken Holland, Len Rolland and Richard Simmonds (Wayne's dad).

hah! that's awesome.

nice, hatethedrake! :lol:

That's weird. Jimmy Devellano and I had lunch yesterday and he said they were going with a package deal, sending Hank, Dats and Conklin to Anaheim for Perry, Getzlaf and Hiller.

That Zetterberg rumor is up there with the kid from Nashville who said he partied with Andres Lindback, and Lindback told him that Ryan Suter was going to test the Free Agent market. It's posted on another Hockey Forum.