• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

The ONE thing I can't stand about Wings games on FSD.....

Rate this topic

I'd rather watch an Arby's commercial 275 times straight than a report from Shannon Hogan in the stands.

seems there should be something other than wings games for her to get some experience. she seems greener than about any tv person i have ever seen.

This. I grew up around Detroit and moved after I graduated high school. The local adverts make it feel a little more like home, with the exception that I'll never get to go see the Wings' public outings. :(

I know what it takes to be the best...and Weingartz has it!

.....besides Micky York/John Keating is the commercials. They are just....the worst. Spartan grocery stores, Miller Lite, all of those stupid dealership commercials. It seems like they show the same commercials on every break. It's like a nightmare for me.

F-U local sponsors.

You must be new to marketing and sports.

This is a thread of people basically listing things they dislike about the FSD broadcast. I find Hogan's reports to be useless and very poorly prepared. Sorry for wasting your precious time.

You can have your neg back too for complaining about "complainers".

Exactly. An entire thread at LGW to ***** about yet something else. Surprise! I come here for breaking Wings news and some of the community. Yet all I ever read when I open a thread is ***** ***** *****.

What really does bother me is that they NEVER show the Anthems before the games.

I'd really be surprised if anyone even knows who the f*** Karen Newman is if they've only been watching games for a couple years and haven't been to one at the Joe.

Huge thumbdown.gif

They do actually show them sometimes, otherwise I'd have no clue who Karen Newman is. I've only been to one game at the Joe.

Exactly. An entire thread at LGW to ***** about yet something else. Surprise! I come here for breaking Wings news and some of the community. Yet all I ever read when I open a thread is ***** ***** *****.

you know you could just avoid the thread that is specifically about things that annoy us on fsd??? its a fun thread poking at stupid commercials and other general annoyances. maybe next you can go into the thread about the allstar game and complaining they are talking too much about who made the allstar team...

1326424744[/url]' post='2245039']

Welcome to the world of television. Sponsors pay for spots, they play them. Local commercials everywhere are horrible. If you have Center Ice you know what I mean. At any rate, it sure beats listening to Olczyk and Pierre on NBC any day. I tend to enjoy Keating's awkwardly quirky remarks.

That s*** with Eddie especially has got to stop. NO hometown announcer should be allowed to do a network game. Ever. For any major sport.

Geez. You spoiled brats. Who gives a damn about the commercials? You get to see the game for free! Perspective, people.

Actually, it's about $170/season for me to add the Center Ice package to my Directv subscription including Florida's nifty 'it's not a tax' satellite tv use fee. Which is like real money for most folks.

seems there should be something other than wings games for her to get some experience. she seems greener than about any tv person i have ever seen.

Exactly. She did reports for the Tigers games at Comerica Park too this past year and they were just as bad. She seems like a nice enough person, but her interviews are brutal.

For accusing other people of hating life, you seem awfully bitter. Not reading or commenting in threads that don't interest you seems like a reasonable solution. This was a pretty light-hearted thread before you chastized everyone for "bitching".

Actually, it's about $170/season for me to add the Center Ice package to my Directv subscription including Florida's nifty 'it's not a tax' satellite tv use fee. Which is like real money for most folks.

You got me. Clearly I wouldnt know that living out of state or anything.

Obviously I was telling the locals how good they have it. But you got me.

I'm not from around Detroit. I am from Mississippi. The only time I get to watch the game is when the dude from freeredwings.tv streams. (should be nominated for Sainthood btw) I don't really care about the commercials. I'm sure for local people they are a pain in the ass or repetitive or whatever, but I am just thankful I get to watch my favorite sports team play every night and get to enjoy the amazing franchise that is the Red Wings.

From down south and from a Red Wings fan for 16 years....

Let's Go Wings!

Lucky, I pay over 200$ for Center Ice. I too also don't mind the commercials but the ones I do miss are those funny Budweiser? ones they had a few seasons ago. I remember one where the guy was wearing his autographed jacket from his favorite team and someone spilt water on him and just wiped all the signatures off.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

The reason why they replay the same crappy commercials over and over is because no businesses want to waste any of their advertisement money on one of the poorest cities in the US. They know that the majority of the viewers can't afford to buy anything anyways. Sad, but true. Deal with it.

You should stop opening threads then. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is the definition of insanity. :siren: