• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

The ONE thing I can't stand about Wings games on FSD.....

Rate this topic

.....besides Micky York/John Keating is the commercials. They are just....the worst. Spartan grocery stores, Miller Lite, all of those stupid dealership commercials. It seems like they show the same commercials on every break. It's like a nightmare for me.

F-U local sponsors.

You grumpy thing. Sounds like you need some "Good Mood Food".

Hehe, I like watching your local ads, although I agree that there could be a little more variety...I'm just a little bit tired of the Sam Bernstein commercials. I like the Spartan Stores one, though, just for the way you guys say "Spartan." Sparrrrtan. It's cute. :D Then there's Tim Horton's...I'm a tad, shall we say, enthusiastic about their ads. Doesn't matter if I've seen it 50 times, I still act like Murph on dollar hot dog night when it comes on. I really miss their coffee.

I have to say, i really miss the great commercials of yesterday, like this one.

Too bad all the local merchants went out of business when the national chain stores moved in. These adds were a part of what Detroit was and you couldn't wait to see the next one. Something you can't say about The Bernstien commercials.

And then one day, you find yourself living a thousand miles away from where you grew up and wishing that there was a Belle Tire down here because none of the local tire stores come close to the same price/service standards. I find myself digging most of the FSD commercials out of childhood nostalgia and wishing they'd bring back the Kowalski Kowality Moment.

Same here.

And, "Don't forgetta stairs, buddy".

ANd what's up with Ken Daniels every game saying it's the xx sellout in a row but half the frikin seats are empty?

At any rate, it sure beats listening to Olczyk and Pierre on NBC any day. I tend to enjoy Keating's awkwardly quirky remarks.

QFT

and yes, my favorite worst is indeed Bernstein. but hey... local tv is local tv... goal.gif

Edited by akustyk

When I use to pick up the FSD feed in Tennessee, I couldn't wait to see the local commercials only because I needed my hometown fix! But yes, many of them are getting old especially the Belle Tire ones where it looks as if the Black guys eyes are gonna pop out of his head when he has to get his car fixed. Other than that I typically switch to another center ice game when the Wings are in commercial.

And then one day, you find yourself living a thousand miles away from where you grew up and wishing that there was a Belle Tire down here because none of the local tire stores come close to the same price/service standards. I find myself digging most of the FSD commercials out of childhood nostalgia and wishing they'd bring back the Kowalski Kowality Moment.

This. I grew up around Detroit and moved after I graduated high school. The local adverts make it feel a little more like home, with the exception that I'll never get to go see the Wings' public outings. :(

Same here.

And, "Don't forgetta stairs, buddy".

ANd what's up with Ken Daniels every game saying it's the xx sellout in a row but half the frikin seats are empty?

Because he's referring to the number of tickets sold.

Watching the FSD feeds from Houston, all the local adds are a novelty for me.

I dont mind all the sponsored plays although the one thing that annoys me is when they use Drew Miller as a jumping off point for the Miller Light taste greatness moment.... way to go for the easy one guys....

Because he's referring to the number of tickets sold.

Well, of course.

But I remember when you couldn't get a Wings ticket. Now there are thousands of payed for but unused tickets sitting in corporate offices and bedroom dressers because Detroiters don't feel like going to see the game? WTF?

I'd rather watch an Arby's commercial 275 times straight than a report from Shannon Hogan in the stands.

Yeah, she's awful

Why do people always find something to complain about? Do you people hate life that much?

EDIT: Yes, I negged you both. Figured I'd make that public since nobody stops complaining about 'mystery negs'.

Edited by rrasco

Why do people always find something to complain about? Do you people hate life that much?

EDIT: Yes, I negged you both. Figured I'd make that public since nobody stops complaining about 'mystery negs'.

This is a thread of people basically listing things they dislike about the FSD broadcast. I find Hogan's reports to be useless and very poorly prepared. Sorry for wasting your precious time.

You can have your neg back too for complaining about "complainers".

Edited by GoWings1905

I really don't pay much attention to the repetitive commercials or the dumb broads they give microphones to, so those things don't bother me.

What really does bother me is that they NEVER show the Anthems before the games.

I'd really be surprised if anyone even knows who the f*** Karen Newman is if they've only been watching games for a couple years and haven't been to one at the Joe.

Huge thumbdown.gif

I really don't pay much attention to the repetitive commercials or the dumb broads they give microphones to, so those things don't bother me.

What really does bother me is that they NEVER show the Anthems before the games.

I'd really be surprised if anyone even knows who the f*** Karen Newman is if they've only been watching games for a couple years and haven't been to one at the Joe.

Huge thumbdown.gif

Well there was a commercial with her around Christmas time.

But I agree with your point. I believe NBC and CBC show the anthems before games. FSD should as well

Geez. You spoiled brats. Who gives a damn about the commercials? You get to see the game for free! Perspective, people.

I dont hate John Keating like most people.

Oh, and if I ever see the Good Mood Food guy in public, he's getting an elbow to the teeth.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings