Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

The ONE thing I can't stand about Wings games on FSD.....

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,917 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

I love you too, my brother!
  • Ram likes this

#42 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

Because he's referring to the number of tickets sold.

Well, of course.

But I remember when you couldn't get a Wings ticket. Now there are thousands of payed for but unused tickets sitting in corporate offices and bedroom dressers because Detroiters don't feel like going to see the game? WTF?

#43 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

I'd rather watch an Arby's commercial 275 times straight than a report from Shannon Hogan in the stands.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#44 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

1326476465[/url]' post='2245239']
I'd rather watch an Arby's commercial 275 times straight than a report from Shannon Hogan in the stands.

Yeah, she's awful

#45 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, she's awful

Why do people always find something to complain about? Do you people hate life that much?

EDIT: Yes, I negged you both. Figured I'd make that public since nobody stops complaining about 'mystery negs'.

Edited by rrasco, 13 January 2012 - 03:22 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#46 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Why do people always find something to complain about? Do you people hate life that much?

EDIT: Yes, I negged you both. Figured I'd make that public since nobody stops complaining about 'mystery negs'.

This is a thread of people basically listing things they dislike about the FSD broadcast. I find Hogan's reports to be useless and very poorly prepared. Sorry for wasting your precious time.

You can have your neg back too for complaining about "complainers".

Edited by GoWings1905, 13 January 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#47 selkie

selkie

Beach Bum

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

I love having center ice and seeing all the bush league local ads, they can be a treat!

Prince Edward Island Workforce Development ads for the win!

#48 Detroit40oz

Detroit40oz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

I really don't pay much attention to the repetitive commercials or the dumb broads they give microphones to, so those things don't bother me.

What really does bother me is that they NEVER show the Anthems before the games.

I'd really be surprised if anyone even knows who the f*** Karen Newman is if they've only been watching games for a couple years and haven't been to one at the Joe.

Huge Posted Image

#49 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

I really don't pay much attention to the repetitive commercials or the dumb broads they give microphones to, so those things don't bother me.

What really does bother me is that they NEVER show the Anthems before the games.

I'd really be surprised if anyone even knows who the f*** Karen Newman is if they've only been watching games for a couple years and haven't been to one at the Joe.

Huge Posted Image

Well there was a commercial with her around Christmas time.

But I agree with your point. I believe NBC and CBC show the anthems before games. FSD should as well

#50 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

Geez. You spoiled brats. Who gives a damn about the commercials? You get to see the game for free! Perspective, people.

I dont hate John Keating like most people.

Oh, and if I ever see the Good Mood Food guy in public, he's getting an elbow to the teeth.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings, 13 January 2012 - 05:24 PM.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#51 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

seems there should be something other than wings games for her to get some experience. she seems greener than about any tv person i have ever seen.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#52 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

This. I grew up around Detroit and moved after I graduated high school. The local adverts make it feel a little more like home, with the exception that I'll never get to go see the Wings' public outings. :(

I know what it takes to be the best...and Weingartz has it!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#53 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

... They are just....the worst.

have you seen Sunday's game vs black-chickens?

i'd rather take "call-sam" etc, then those morons from nbc.

#54 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

.....besides Micky York/John Keating is the commercials. They are just....the worst. Spartan grocery stores, Miller Lite, all of those stupid dealership commercials. It seems like they show the same commercials on every break. It's like a nightmare for me.

F-U local sponsors.

You must be new to marketing and sports.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#55 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

This is a thread of people basically listing things they dislike about the FSD broadcast. I find Hogan's reports to be useless and very poorly prepared. Sorry for wasting your precious time.

You can have your neg back too for complaining about "complainers".

Exactly. An entire thread at LGW to ***** about yet something else. Surprise! I come here for breaking Wings news and some of the community. Yet all I ever read when I open a thread is ***** ***** *****.

Huge public/style_emoticons/default/thumbdown.gif

They do actually show them sometimes, otherwise I'd have no clue who Karen Newman is. I've only been to one game at the Joe.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#56 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

Exactly. An entire thread at LGW to ***** about yet something else. Surprise! I come here for breaking Wings news and some of the community. Yet all I ever read when I open a thread is ***** ***** *****.

you know you could just avoid the thread that is specifically about things that annoy us on fsd??? its a fun thread poking at stupid commercials and other general annoyances. maybe next you can go into the thread about the allstar game and complaining they are talking too much about who made the allstar team...

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#57 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

Volunteer Energy huh... that's a great save, Drapes. Shoulda been a goalie.

All I can say is...thank god they weren't actors. :scared:

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#58 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

1326424744[/url]' post='2245039']
Welcome to the world of television. Sponsors pay for spots, they play them. Local commercials everywhere are horrible. If you have Center Ice you know what I mean. At any rate, it sure beats listening to Olczyk and Pierre on NBC any day. I tend to enjoy Keating's awkwardly quirky remarks.

That s*** with Eddie especially has got to stop. NO hometown announcer should be allowed to do a network game. Ever. For any major sport.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#59 selkie

selkie

Beach Bum

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Geez. You spoiled brats. Who gives a damn about the commercials? You get to see the game for free! Perspective, people.

Actually, it's about $170/season for me to add the Center Ice package to my Directv subscription including Florida's nifty 'it's not a tax' satellite tv use fee. Which is like real money for most folks.

#60 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

seems there should be something other than wings games for her to get some experience. she seems greener than about any tv person i have ever seen.

Exactly. She did reports for the Tigers games at Comerica Park too this past year and they were just as bad. She seems like a nice enough person, but her interviews are brutal.

For accusing other people of hating life, you seem awfully bitter. Not reading or commenting in threads that don't interest you seems like a reasonable solution. This was a pretty light-hearted thread before you chastized everyone for "bitching".