Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

The ONE thing I can't stand about Wings games on FSD.....

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

Actually, it's about $170/season for me to add the Center Ice package to my Directv subscription including Florida's nifty 'it's not a tax' satellite tv use fee. Which is like real money for most folks.

You got me. Clearly I wouldnt know that living out of state or anything.

Obviously I was telling the locals how good they have it. But you got me.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#62 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

I'm not from around Detroit. I am from Mississippi. The only time I get to watch the game is when the dude from freeredwings.tv streams. (should be nominated for Sainthood btw) I don't really care about the commercials. I'm sure for local people they are a pain in the ass or repetitive or whatever, but I am just thankful I get to watch my favorite sports team play every night and get to enjoy the amazing franchise that is the Red Wings.

From down south and from a Red Wings fan for 16 years....

Let's Go Wings!
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#63 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

Actually, it's about $170/season for me to add the Center Ice package to my Directv subscription including Florida's nifty 'it's not a tax' satellite tv use fee. Which is like real money for most folks.

Lucky, I pay over 200$ for Center Ice. I too also don't mind the commercials but the ones I do miss are those funny Budweiser? ones they had a few seasons ago. I remember one where the guy was wearing his autographed jacket from his favorite team and someone spilt water on him and just wiped all the signatures off.

#64 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

Yes, commercials are horrendous but the commentary team between Ken and Mickey is excellent.

bringit.jpg

#65 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

The reason why they replay the same crappy commercials over and over is because no businesses want to waste any of their advertisement money on one of the poorest cities in the US. They know that the majority of the viewers can't afford to buy anything anyways. Sad, but true. Deal with it.

#66 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

You must be new to marketing and sports.

Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I don't understand it :rolleyes:

#67 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

Exactly. An entire thread at LGW to ***** about yet something else. Surprise! I come here for breaking Wings news and some of the community. Yet all I ever read when I open a thread is ***** ***** *****.

You should stop opening threads then. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is the definition of insanity. :siren:

#68 FifeHockeyNut

FifeHockeyNut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

Guys you have to help me out I don't understand what jimmy johns are. Some sort of psychic sandwich courier service?

#69 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

You should stop opening threads then. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is the definition of insanity. :siren:

You may be onto something there.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30