• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
leelanau

Next Captain?

Rate this topic

When Lidstrom retires, who will be the Wings next captain? The last few years everyone has said Zetterberg. I have a feeling that Kronwall will be the next captain. Datsyuk and Zetterberg will wear the "A".

Thoughts?

No. It's still gonna be Z. Datsyuk and Kronwall with the A's.

Then again, what if dreams really do come true and Lidstrom plays like this for another 10 years? :P

Edited by Nevermind

Let's say the trade rumors are true (Z and Hudler for Iginla and Camalleri) I still don't know. Pavel seems to be stepping up his leadership presence.

I don't know what rumor sites you visit but even Eklund hasn't come up with the absurd trade you have in your post.

Most likely not. They try to have someone who can speak good English, so they can communicate with players and the refs well. I think Z will get it if he's not traded.

What evidence do you possibly have to imply that Zetterberg being trade is even being questioned. There is absolutely 100% no chance of Zetterberg being traded.

I was just thinking about this the other day, and I thought that perhaps a guy like Abdelkader or even a Helm could take this role. I can see these two being the fire that the lockeroom could use. I do not see Z getting the C, but I could see Dats getting it, his broken english would be great during interviews.

By the way, where did the Z trade rumors come from???? Please tell me its not Ecklund (or whatever his clown ass name is). I would be down with Z and Huds to Calgary for Iggy!! Do it now!! Then Iggy could be our next Captain.

The next captain of the Wings will for sure be Zetterberg. To the people who are talking about Zetterberg being traded, where the hell are you hearing that from? That has to be the craziest thing I've heard all this week :blink: So pleast STOP IT

Its funny to see so many people shifting to Dats as this topic gets re-touched every few months. I don't know whos going to get the C but one thing is for sure this isn't as cut and dry as some of you on here believe. He was being groomed as captain yes but this was what four years ago? This trade talk though wtf did this come from?? I have never heard that and don't like to!

...........But for s***s and giggles who could we get?

I was just thinking about this the other day...I do not see Z getting the C, but I could see Dats getting it, his broken english would be great during interviews.

The problem with his logic is more goes into being captain of a hockey team than funny broken English interviews. It is going to be Hank.

Hudler for Captain! "Dont forgetta stairs buddy!"

esteef

Franzen's been forgetting the stairs for a while now until just recently! But, you're right, Huds shows some great leadership quality's in that little clip.

Who is starting these crazy rumors, Eklund? Pierre McQuire? My dentist's sister in law?

The sudden anti-Zetterberg attitude on these forums is beginning to sicken me. How the guy went from untouchable to trade-worthy in the eyes of fans is beyond me. I shudder.

Yeah I remember a few years ago people wanting to trade Datsyuk because he would not produce in the playoffs.

Who in the Detroit media or on this forum would object to Datsyuk being captain because his English isn't that good?

For that matter, who on the team would be upset? They seem OK with Datsyuk wearing the "A" and he leads well by example. Where are these complaints stemming from?

Who in the Detroit media or on this forum would object to Datsyuk being captain because his English isn't that good?

For that matter, who on the team would be upset? They seem OK with Datsyuk wearing the "A" and he leads well by example. Where are these complaints stemming from?

I don't think anyone is really complaining. But Datsyuk generally seems softspoken and doesn't speak English very well. Not that Zetterberg relishes the spotlight, but I think he's more comfortable with it. I could understand wanting Z to talk to refs over Dats, and lead press conferences.

Saying Z should be captain over him isn't a slight to Datsyuk. The star player on the team doesn't always have to be the one wearing the C. I'd rather someone else have that job and let Pavel keep doing his thing.

Guest Crymson

Let's say the trade rumors are true (Z and Hudler for Iginla and Camalleri) I still don't know. Pavel seems to be stepping up his leadership presence.

In which alternate dimension are there rumors of this absurd trade?