Next Captain?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 leelanau

leelanau

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:47 AM

When Lidstrom retires, who will be the Wings next captain? The last few years everyone has said Zetterberg. I have a feeling that Kronwall will be the next captain. Datsyuk and Zetterberg will wear the "A".

Thoughts?

#2 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

No. It's still gonna be Z. Datsyuk and Kronwall with the A's.

Then again, what if dreams really do come true and Lidstrom plays like this for another 10 years? :P

Edited by Nevermind, 13 January 2012 - 03:59 AM.

#3 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:14 AM

Let's say the trade rumors are true (Z and Hudler for Iginla and Camalleri) I still don't know. Pavel seems to be stepping up his leadership presence.

#4 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

Me thinks Dats will get the "C".

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#5 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:12 AM

Me thinks Dats will get the "C".

Most likely not. They try to have someone who can speak good English, so they can communicate with players and the refs well. I think Z will get it if he's not traded.

#6 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:56 AM

Probably Z. Although wouldn't mind Dats wearing it either.

#7 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hank will, and he isn't getting traded.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#8 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

They've been pretty clear the past year or two that the next captain WILL be Zetterberg.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#9 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

Let's say the trade rumors are true (Z and Hudler for Iginla and Camalleri) I still don't know. Pavel seems to be stepping up his leadership presence.

I don't know what rumor sites you visit but even Eklund hasn't come up with the absurd trade you have in your post.

Most likely not. They try to have someone who can speak good English, so they can communicate with players and the refs well. I think Z will get it if he's not traded.

What evidence do you possibly have to imply that Zetterberg being trade is even being questioned. There is absolutely 100% no chance of Zetterberg being traded.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#10 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

I was just thinking about this the other day, and I thought that perhaps a guy like Abdelkader or even a Helm could take this role. I can see these two being the fire that the lockeroom could use. I do not see Z getting the C, but I could see Dats getting it, his broken english would be great during interviews.

By the way, where did the Z trade rumors come from???? Please tell me its not Ecklund (or whatever his clown ass name is). I would be down with Z and Huds to Calgary for Iggy!! Do it now!! Then Iggy could be our next Captain.

#11 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

It's going to be Zetterberg.

Datsyuk and Kronwall with the A. If they keep the rotation the 3rd A likely goes to someone like Stuart or Franzen.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#12 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

The sudden anti-Zetterberg attitude on these forums is beginning to sicken me. How the guy went from untouchable to trade-worthy in the eyes of fans is beyond me. I shudder.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#13 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

The next captain of the Wings will for sure be Zetterberg. To the people who are talking about Zetterberg being traded, where the hell are you hearing that from? That has to be the craziest thing I've heard all this week :blink: So pleast STOP IT
IPB Image

#14 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

Howard for Captain. :hehe:
I'm offended that you're offended.

#15 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hudler for Captain! "Dont forgetta stairs buddy!"

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#16 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

Its funny to see so many people shifting to Dats as this topic gets re-touched every few months. I don't know whos going to get the C but one thing is for sure this isn't as cut and dry as some of you on here believe. He was being groomed as captain yes but this was what four years ago? This trade talk though wtf did this come from?? I have never heard that and don't like to!

...........But for s***s and giggles who could we get?
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#17 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

esteef

:lol:
IPB Image

#18 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

I was just thinking about this the other day...I do not see Z getting the C, but I could see Dats getting it, his broken english would be great during interviews.

The problem with his logic is more goes into being captain of a hockey team than funny broken English interviews. It is going to be Hank.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#19 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

Its funny to see so many people shifting to Dats as this topic gets re-touched every few months. I don't know whos going to get the C but one thing is for sure this isn't as cut and dry as some of you on here believe. He was being groomed as captain yes but this was what four years ago? This trade talk though wtf did this come from?? I have never heard that and don't like to!

...........But for s***s and giggles who could we get?

A few years ago it did seem that Hank could be the next "C" after Lids...However I'm not so sure if that's a done deal, nor have I heard anything being mentioned by the Red Wings brass...I'm of the opinion that Dats has emerged as the better of the 2 in terms of on-ice performance (especially these past 2 seasons); not that it gives him the edge over Hank in terms of leadership abilities, but I wouldn't be too surprised if his performance is taken into account.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#20 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

esteef

Franzen's been forgetting the stairs for a while now until just recently! But, you're right, Huds shows some great leadership quality's in that little clip.

Who is starting these crazy rumors, Eklund? Pierre McQuire? My dentist's sister in law?