• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

Most likely not. They try to have someone who can speak good English, so they can communicate with players and the refs well.

:unsure: :huh: :ph34r:

#42 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:14 AM

No kidding. Everyone will be back on board in April when Z dominates the playoffs like usual.

If he is a Red Wing come play-off time. Posted Image

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#43 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,894 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

I think the joke ran it's course, bud.

Dang. And I was going to post something. Who makes these decisions, anyway?

This kind of reminds me of when they were getting cranky in Montreal because Saku Koivu didn't speak French. We all love Pavel, but consider how many times the microphone is in Lids' face simply because he's the captain.

Pavel doesn't strike me as one who likes the media spotlight or doing the interviews. He is a great player and good role model to the younger players, which is why he definitely deserves the A.

I'm kind of glad that Z is an all-but-foregone conclusion. I'd rather have Pavel be able to focus on his game and do his thing.

In all honesty, and I admit that I'm biased, I think Kronwall would make a good captain. He's always the guy getting interviewed, and he does well. This is not saying he's a better choice than Pavel and/or Hank. Just saying that he'd be good.