• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Trade Deadline Approaches

Rate this topic

I can't see Iginla going anywhere now that the Flames brought in Cammellari. And with the Preds so hot, they won't part with Suter or Weber. I don't see us chasing a currently more or less washed up d-man in Gill, leaving the 2 most viable options Hemsky. Hemsky has had a history of shoulder in injuries and has only 4 goals this year, whereas Ruutu has 15 goals this season (placing him 3rd on the Wings roster oif he were to be moved here, after Franzen and Hudler). Ruutu has a strong physical presence and would be a great addition if Kenny Holland wants to push this team to the Stanley Cup. And at an affordable 3.8 million dollar cap hit, I would take him over Hemsky and his 4.1 million dollar cap hit any day But, I would LOVE to see Selanne come to D-Town!!!!

If Kenny Holland trades Jurco and a 1st r. pick for a player that has 4 goals on the season and is set to be a UFA, he's out of his mind.

You know they're going to be like, "Patrick Eaves is our trade deadline acquisition."

The new report is Eaves has a concussion... He might not play again this season.

I imagine this as good news though, we could add someone and bring Eaves back in the playoffs when there is no player cap.

Again, why do we need to add a dman?

We have 9 guys we can plug in right now.

Holland addressed in an interview before that he wanted to add some depth on the backend. This could be because he knows Stewie won't re-sign here next season.

Holland addressed in an interview before that he wanted to add some depth on the backend. This could be because he knows Stewie won't re-sign here next season.

I know he said this, but AGAIN WHY DO WE NEED THAT?!?!?!?!?!

Look at the depth chart, we have no shortage.

The only thing the Wings need is a top six forward that will allow us two top lines.

We do have a lot of depth at D, and I agree that we need to add a productive winger. Having Commodore as one of your reserves is a good sign that we are pretty well off. Living in Atlanta, I did see a lot of Thrashers games and Exelby was also a solid regular on their squad, i'm kinda surprised we haven't seen more of him since he's signed here.

We do have a lot of depth at D, and I agree that we need to add a productive winger. Having Commodore as one of your reserves is a good sign that we are pretty well off. Living in Atlanta, I did see a lot of Thrashers games and Exelby was also a solid regular on their squad, i'm kinda surprised we haven't seen more of him since he's signed here.

And yet this is all Holland seems to be talking about?!?

And yet this is all Holland seems to be talking about?!?

Smoke screen? I doubt Holland would come out and say "we want a top six winger plz"

Most likely he puts the word out that he's looking for something generic like D-depth just to receive some phone calls, then BAM!!! we get Vrbata or something.

I've been seeing more and more about Gill. That'd be a good pickup. Big guy, throws his weight around.

Big guy who throws his weight around?.. :unsure:

Do you know a different Gill that I am unaware of?..

Gill is definitely a big guy.. but the way he plays he might as well be 5'9".. If people here get pissed at Ericsson then I would hate to see the reaction with that giant pylon in a Wings jersey.

I just got off work and I was watching highlights on NHL net and they said the Red Wings are pursuing Ruutu and have verbally expressed interest in adding him at the deadline. I know it's been mentioned a lot in this thread, but I think this further validates our suspicions, and i'd welcome adding him to our roster.

I just got off work and I was watching highlights on NHL net and they said the Red Wings are pursuing Ruutu and have verbally expressed interest in adding him at the deadline. I know it's been mentioned a lot in this thread, but I think this further validates our suspicions, and i'd welcome adding him to our roster.

I think he would be a good addition... I just don't think we are willing to pay the price for him.

There is talk of him fetching the kind of price Hossa got a few years back, because there is so little out there.

I liked the idea of Rutuu when he was the cheap option with a ton of upside.

Another team...

Carter is available. I don't think the Wings can pull him, or do I necessarily want them to...

I remember last year when I said that the Kings got Richards and should have got Carter, and vice versa for the BJ's. Any chance they just straight up flip them now?

I was just watching That's Hockey on TSN before the Wings game and they mentioned that Visnovsky might be available out of Anaheim.. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but it seems like most of the Ducks talk has been around Getz/Perry/Ryan..

I think if the Wings know Stuart wants to be in Cali then it could be a decent move if they could pick up Visnovsky.. I THINK his cap hit is 5.2 or something, which isn't terrible and I believe he still has another year left on his contract, if he could play like he did last year then it could at least soften the blow of having Lidstrom retire.

I was just watching That's Hockey on TSN before the Wings game and they mentioned that Visnovsky might be available out of Anaheim.. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but it seems like most of the Ducks talk has been around Getz/Perry/Ryan..

I think if the Wings know Stuart wants to be in Cali then it could be a decent move if they could pick up Visnovsky.. I THINK his cap hit is 5.2 or something, which isn't terrible and I believe he still has another year left on his contract, if he could play like he did last year then it could at least soften the blow of having Lidstrom retire.

He's definitely available, which was made especially clear when they re-signed Beauchimen. I wouldn't mind having him here, but Holland has made it clear that he is not trading Stuart.

I just saw an e-something over at the fabulous Vaporware Rumor monger that the Wings "may try to move on Semin" before anybody else. Semin? I merely relayed this to get the juices flowing by saying 'Semin'.

Feel free to laugh, yawn or start your own e4 rumors

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/LA-Van-Chicago-Toronto-Lead-Push-for-Nash-Canadiens-Wings-Semin/1/41936

Gill in Montreal, or even Johnny Oduya in Winnipeg might be possible Those two's names have been thrown around a bit for a D spot.

I watched Oduya for a couple seasons here in Jersey. They could do a lot worse in picking up a depth 5-6 defenseman

I think Semin has been forgotten. He might be the best bet to fix our offensive problems on the top two lines.

I just don't think it is going to be cheap. I stand by my list of people who we should not trade.

I just don't think Emmerton draft picks and maybe Sheahan will be enough.

I love Semin's talent level, but his work ethic... ehh. I'm not sure how he'd work out here. It's optimistic to say that he'd follow suit with the rest of our players and really focus, but I'm not so sure it would work that way. Combine that with the (likely high) asking price, and I don't think it's a deal to make.

I love Semin's talent level, but his work ethic... ehh. I'm not sure how he'd work out here. It's optimistic to say that he'd follow suit with the rest of our players and really focus, but I'm not so sure it would work that way. Combine that with the (likely high) asking price, and I don't think it's a deal to make.

I completely understand that. I am in the boat that thinks his work ethic is Washington's work ethic.

I live in BC and the Sportsnet pacific panel seems to think that Semin is headed to Detroit. Ive been hearing the "Pavel Datsyuks borderline demigod of Russian hockey status, on ice work ethic, and off ice easy going good nature etc etc is the perfect situtation to turn Semin into the guy his skillset would suggest he should be".

Im not a Semin fan by any means - but if this trade were to happen without giving up too much I'd be pumped initially at least.

I would love this, Visnovsky is probably my favorite non-wing defensemen. The guy had 68 points last season, granted he is 35, but if Lidstrom does decide to leave, Visnovsky could fill that defensive scoring void for a few more seasons.