• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Trade Deadline Approaches

Rate this topic

Since I have good sources of information, I thought I might post some rumors of trades happening around the league. I'll try not to cite Eklund here, but sometimes he is credible.

"Told by reliable source Flyers and Leafs have definitely talked Luke Schenn for JVR but nothing close." (JM)

-

Buffalo may be interested in a trade. Myers for Getzlaf possibly a starting point. (SH)

-

Brian Burke will make a trade within the next few weeks (TFP)

-

Canucks in the market for a bottom 6 forward, maybe part of a larger deal including one of Luongo or Schneider. (TFP)

-

Canadiens will probably keep Moen. (TFP)

-

Doan rumors have been flying around, but Coyotes GM shoots them down. (SH)

-

Edited by Tim.D

TFP and other people have reported Wings being interested in Suter and Parise (in the off-season) or both in the off-season but not at deadline other reports say Hemsky, I would much rather trade for Parise then Hemsky any day of the week!

Eklund? Sometimes credible? Name one instance :hysterical:

Seriously.. because I can't.

I think the time to move JVR would be when he's healthy again, and I'm not entirely sure that's going to be before the deadline this year. I don't see him being dealt this season personally, but i've been wrong before.

I don't see the wings making much of any impact either, I think we are gonna be much more active in the offseason when we have a better idea of who's going and who isn't.

I think this is gonna be a fun ongoing thread that's gonna heat up at the weeks go by, as long as Hockey Buzz gibberish is kept to a minimum. It's my favorite time of the year, and it's honestly been a relatively dull past two years on deadline day so i'd love to see some blockbusters and shockers this year.

Eklund? Sometimes credible? Name one instance :hysterical:

Seriously.. because I can't.

I think the time to move JVR would be when he's healthy again, and I'm not entirely sure that's going to be before the deadline this year. I don't see him being dealt this season personally, but i've been wrong before.

I don't see the wings making much of any impact either, I think we are gonna be much more active in the offseason when we have a better idea of who's going and who isn't.

I think this is gonna be a fun ongoing thread that's gonna heat up at the weeks go by, as long as Hockey Buzz gibberish is kept to a minimum. It's my favorite time of the year, and it's honestly been a relatively dull past two years on deadline day so i'd love to see some blockbusters and shockers this year.

Hehe. About the Eklund part, I decided to look it up and found this, which is funny. It's from 2009, and a lot of those "rumors" look silly. The ones he got right were the ones he picked multiple teams for.

I haven't looked at the Wings in this thread yet, because there have been a lot of other posts on who the Wings have been looking at, but I'll compile some information here:

-Ales Hemsky is supposedly the Wings #1 target at the trade deadline. It won't take

as much as some people think it will take to get him, since he is injury prone and isn't having a great season.

-Tuomo Ruutu has also been speculated on, although he is on pace for a career season.

-Ryan Suter and Zach Parise will be two targets for the Wings in the offseason, although it will be unlikely that they sign both. Suter will be the main target if they can trade for a top-6 winger at the deadline.

-A stronger backup goaltender could also be what the Wings will look for in the next few weeks. Ty Conklin just isn't getting the job done.

An yes, this may look like a year for blockbusters, with many teams in need of shake-ups. Anaheim comes to mind, and Calgary might add more players with their push for the playoffs.

-

Just as I finish typing this, I hear that Vancouver and Anaheim may be involved in a "minor" trade.

I stated in another thread and I stand by it firmly, Hemsky and Ruutu on this team would be incredible. I don't think people realize how good of a player Hemsky is because of his absence due to injury these past few years, and lately this season he's shooting more and putting up a few more points. He's only 28, and has put up 70+ points in two seasons and falling just shy of a ppg pace on several other occasions. This guy can flat out play, injury risk or not.

Ruutu is like a poor man's Nash, he hits, he shoots, and is gonna be consistently good for 50+ points in any healthy season. A prime example of a great balanced player stuck on a bad team that can potentially thrive in a Bertuzzi-like situation here in Detroit. He is also flexable as he's played C, LW, and RW this season, who doesn't want a guy like that?

Both of them could land here and we could afford it, and i'd be thrilled to see either if not both wind up in the winged wheel.

TFP and other people have reported Wings being interested in Suter and Parise (in the off-season) or both in the off-season but not at deadline other reports say Hemsky, I would much rather trade for Parise then Hemsky any day of the week!

Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said he will most likely not trade Zach Parise before the deadline, and certainly not before he signs a new contract. But as the above poster said, Hemsky and Ruutu would be considered a success for the Wings this deadline. This might not happen, as other teams are pursuing Ruutu as well, including Nashville, I have heard.

And one thing I forgot in my long post, the Wings will probably want to trade Brad Stuart to a Californian team before the deadline. He has a expressed interest in wanting to go over there to be closer to his family, and San Jose and possibly Anaheim have been interested in acquiring him. The challenge will be trading him, as the Wings will not get a return (besides $3.75m in cap space) if he reaches free agency.

Another rumor for tonight: Ryan Clowe may be headed for the Leafs, Burke has expressed Internet in him before.

Damn in that case clowe for Stuart and some picks maybe to make it happen.

And one thing I forgot in my long post, the Wings will probably want to trade Brad Stuart to a Californian team before the deadline. He has a expressed interest in wanting to go over there to be closer to his family, and San Jose and possibly Anaheim have been interested in acquiring him. The challenge will be trading him, as the Wings will not get a return (besides $3.75m in cap space) if he reaches free agency.

No chance. Stuart is probably their best defensive defenseman. They're not going to trade him to a rival like San Jose or LA that they might see in the playoffs. I think Holland would rather lose him for nothing than do that.

Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said he will most likely not trade Zach Parise before the deadline, and certainly not before he signs a new contract. But as the above poster said, Hemsky and Ruutu would be considered a success for the Wings this deadline. This might not happen, as other teams are pursuing Ruutu as well, including Nashville, I have heard.

Dont get me wrong i think Hemsky is a good player with a ton of talent its just the fact that he is soft and injured every year

02-03(59GP)

03-04(71GP)

05-06(81GP)

06-07(64GP)

07-08(74GP)

08-09(72GP)

09-10(22GP)

10-11(47GP)

which i believe is something like 166 missed games

Dont get me wrong i think Hemsky is a good player with a ton of talent its just the fact that he is soft and injured every year

02-03(59GP)

03-04(71GP)

05-06(81GP)

06-07(64GP)

07-08(74GP)

08-09(72GP)

09-10(22GP)

10-11(47GP)

which i believe is something like 166 missed games

You gotta break it down though, look at his nearly full seasons

05-06 81GP 77PTS

07-08 74GP 71PTS

08-09 72GP 66PTS

And even the past two seasons not including this year

09-10 22GP 22PTS

10-11 47GP 42PTS

That combines for 64 points in 69 games, which means he remains consistent and bounces back from injury. Aside from the past two years, he really hasn't missed all that much time either, the girth was the past two seasons with his reoccurring problems that seem to be in check for the time being. Fact is he would probably come pretty cheap and i'd take a potential 70 point player for a 40 point player price anyday.

That combines for 64 points in 69 games, which means he remains consistent and bounces back from injury. Aside from the past two years, he really hasn't missed all that much time either, the girth was the past two seasons with his reoccurring problems that seem to be in check for the time being. Fact is he would probably come pretty cheap and i'd take a potential 70 point player for a 40 point player price anyday.

Consistent, sure, but he keeps missing games. A point-per-game guy isn't worth anything if they're on the bench.

Hemsky has only missed a handful of games more than Franzen since 05-06, and I don't think Franzen is worthless. Not to mention he'd come at about a quarter of the price.

Even with my ongoing love for Hemsky, i'd rather have Ruutu of the two if it came down to it.

Here's my daily post in this thread on rumors and such.

Clowe is not in the lineup today, but hearing that little trade talks surround the Leafs right now. It was though Schenn and Kadri were sitting because of a trade, but Bob McKenzie on Twitter says this is not true, and Schenn is probably playing.

In one of my posts yesterday, I said VAN and ANA may have been involved in a "minor deal." This was a rumor started by Ex-Blue Jackets GM Doug MacLean on the Fan590 radio station last night. Again this was proven to not be true.

Ryan Miller disagrees with the fact that the Sabres need a trade. If they continue losing, however, we could see them become sellers instead of contenders this year.

Look for the Wild to address Mikko Koivu's injury with a trade. Best chance at a top-6 forward would be trading Josh Harding. The Tampa Bay Lightning are in need of a goalie, so a deal could be worked out between these two teams.

And, in other news, Detroit Tigers DH Victor Martinez will likely miss most of the 2012 season sue to a torn left ACL. Dave Dombrowski (Tigers GM) says he may address this with a trade, but a free agent signing seems more likely. DD says that if they sign a free agent, it will most likely be for a short-term deal.

More rumors will probably pop up during the night; I'll try to post them here for people who actually read this thread.

Since we are most likely going to lose Stuart as a UFA, this is what I would like to see happen...

To Edmonton : Brad Stuart and 2nd or 3rd round pick(depending)

To Detroit : Ales Hemsky

To Carolina : Dan Cleary, Cory Emmerton, Drew Miller, and a 2nd or 3rd round pick(depending)

To Detroit : Tim Gleason and Tuuomo Ruutu

our lines could look something like this...

Franzen, Datsyuk, Ruutu

Filppula, Zetterberg, Hemsky

Bertuzzi, Helm, Hudler

Holmstrom, Abdelkader, Mursak

ex.Eaves

Lidstrom, White

Kronwall, Gleason

Ericsson, Kindl

ex.Commodore

Howard

Conklin

what do you guys think? Remember, this is just my opinion...lets hear some other scenarios too

Since we are most likely going to lose Stuart as a UFA, this is what I would like to see happen...

To Edmonton : Brad Stuart and 2nd or 3rd round pick(depending)

To Detroit : Ales Hemsky

To Carolina : Dan Cleary, Cory Emmerton, Drew Miller, and a 2nd or 3rd round pick(depending)

To Detroit : Tim Gleason and Tuuomo Ruutu

our lines could look something like this...

Franzen, Datsyuk, Ruutu

Filppula, Zetterberg, Hemsky

Bertuzzi, Helm, Hudler

Holmstrom, Abdelkader, Mursak

ex.Eaves

Lidstrom, White

Kronwall, Gleason

Ericsson, Kindl

ex.Commodore

Howard

Conklin

what do you guys think? Remember, this is just my opinion...lets hear some other scenarios too

Lines look good actually besides the D. Would much rather have stewie than gleason for the playoffs this year

Here's what I have for you guys this morning:

Clowe will not be traded. The rumor was started by a phony Nick Kyperos account, and he will definitely not be traded while Havlat is injured.

Still lots of speculation surrounding the Leafs. I don't have any actual details, but I'm told the Burke will make a deal for sure within the next 2 weeks, and possibly as early as Friday.

Edited by Tim.D

Here's my midday post I guess haha.

Boyes, Stafford, Roy believed to be part of trade talks surrounding Buffalo.

Philly may need a new goalie. Bobvrosky and Bryz this year aren't stepping up to the job.

Oilers and Leafs are talking a deal involving Leafs D. Sam Gagner may be involved.

Edited by Tim.D

i'm convinced at this point that every goalie that lands in Philly is doomed to suck. Honestly, since Ron Hextall when was the last time they had a solid consistent goaltender in that organization?

I also read that Doan and Iginla will not be dealt, not that i'd necessarily want them here but all those rumors floating around those guys can now pretty much be put to rest unless it's strategy. I'd guess that if the GM says these guys aren't available now and another team really wants them, they may offer a bit more for that last push to get them.

Oh and I think I would welcome a rental of Selanne for our playoff run this year. Wings have been interested in the past and rumors of him wanting to go to a contender and win a cup are buzzing around. Even if it was for half a season, look at the impact Jagr is having in Philly.

Another rumor for tonight: Ryan Clowe may be headed for the Leafs, Burke has expressed Internet in him before.

:blink: That isn't the new way of saying cyber-sex is it? I hope not! :lol:

Anyway, all this talk about big names. As much as I'd like to see a number 1 sniper here for the deadline, it wold just rape this team too much before the playoffs. I hope it happens come July 1st though! Anyway, take all the big names out of the mix, I could see three guys coming here on deadline day.

Alex Hemsky

Travis Moen

Evgeni Nabokov.

Skip all the other trade talk and sign Parise and Suter July 1st. Perry/Ryan/Iginla/Doan, sure they would be great here, but at what cost? As much as I cannot stand Franzen, he won't be traded. You get Hemsky, Moen, Parise, Suter to replace Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Hudler & Stuart. If Lidstrom retires, then we are in even more hurt, but one step at a time. If you get Suter, it stops the bleeding for a bit. with these four gentlemen, next season's lines look a mile above what we have now, and those aren't too bad as we speak... I'd love to make some up, but who do you think I am, blueadams?

Edited by LeftWinger