162 replies to this topic

#21 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

Here's my midday post I guess haha.

Boyes, Stafford, Roy believed to be part of trade talks surrounding Buffalo.

Philly may need a new goalie. Bobvrosky and Bryz this year aren't stepping up to the job.

Oilers and Leafs are talking a deal involving Leafs D. Sam Gagner may be involved.

Edited by Tim.D, 18 January 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#22 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

i'm convinced at this point that every goalie that lands in Philly is doomed to suck. Honestly, since Ron Hextall when was the last time they had a solid consistent goaltender in that organization?

I also read that Doan and Iginla will not be dealt, not that i'd necessarily want them here but all those rumors floating around those guys can now pretty much be put to rest unless it's strategy. I'd guess that if the GM says these guys aren't available now and another team really wants them, they may offer a bit more for that last push to get them.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#23 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

Oh and I think I would welcome a rental of Selanne for our playoff run this year. Wings have been interested in the past and rumors of him wanting to go to a contender and win a cup are buzzing around. Even if it was for half a season, look at the impact Jagr is having in Philly.

#24 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

Screw parise lets get clarkson
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#25 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

Another rumor for tonight: Ryan Clowe may be headed for the Leafs, Burke has expressed Internet in him before.

:blink: That isn't the new way of saying cyber-sex is it? I hope not! :lol:

Anyway, all this talk about big names. As much as I'd like to see a number 1 sniper here for the deadline, it wold just rape this team too much before the playoffs. I hope it happens come July 1st though! Anyway, take all the big names out of the mix, I could see three guys coming here on deadline day.

Alex Hemsky

Travis Moen

Evgeni Nabokov.

Skip all the other trade talk and sign Parise and Suter July 1st. Perry/Ryan/Iginla/Doan, sure they would be great here, but at what cost? As much as I cannot stand Franzen, he won't be traded. You get Hemsky, Moen, Parise, Suter to replace Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Hudler & Stuart. If Lidstrom retires, then we are in even more hurt, but one step at a time. If you get Suter, it stops the bleeding for a bit. with these four gentlemen, next season's lines look a mile above what we have now, and those aren't too bad as we speak... I'd love to make some up, but who do you think I am, blueadams?

Edited by LeftWinger, 18 January 2012 - 08:21 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#26 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

Anyway, all this talk about big names. As much as I'd like to see a number 1 sniper here for the deadline, it wold just rape this team too much before the playoffs. I hope it happens come July 1st though! Anyway, take all the big names out of the mix, I could see three guys coming here on deadline day.

Alex Hemsky

Travis Moen

Evgeni Nabokov.

Skip all the other trade talk and sign Parise and Suter July 1st. Perry/Ryan/Iginla/Doan, sure they would be great here, but at what cost? As much as I cannot stand Franzen, he won't be traded. You get Hemsky, Moen, Parise, Suter to replace Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Hudler & Stuart. If Lidstrom retires, then we are in even more hurt, but one step at a time. If you get Suter, it stops the bleeding for a bit. with these four gentlemen, next season's lines look a mile above what we have now, and those aren't too bad as we speak... I'd love to make some up, but who do you think I am, blueadams?

Ha autocorrect can be a ***** sometimes. I think the Wings would rather pick up Ruutu, him being less injury-prone. He also is more of a scorer, while Hemsky is more of a passer. Nabokov is a definite possibility, but I have heard reports that Moen is actually off the block.

#27 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Alex Hemsky

Travis Moen

Evgeni Nabokov.

I thought I was the only one that disliked Franzen. I guess there are two of us.

#28 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

I thought I was the only one that disliked Franzen. I guess there are two of us.

I am sure there are more of us, but they just don't want to come to terms with it yet...that's ok, back before 2008 when I was a huge hater (and still am) of Hudler, I was in the minority, and in the last off season, I couldn't keep track of the number of Hudler-Haters we had here. The Franzen-Freaks will see him for what he is worth...and that is alot! (on the trade block)

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#29 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

Ha autocorrect can be a ***** sometimes. I think the Wings would rather pick up Ruutu, him being less injury-prone. He also is more of a scorer, while Hemsky is more of a passer. Nabokov is a definite possibility, but I have heard reports that Moen is actually off the block.

Moen off the block may be correct, but I think Holland will acquire that solid third line grinder to play with Cleary and Helm. I like Miller and the more he plays the better, but I think he plays better with Abdelkader, or at least makes that 4th line better. Eaves-Abdelkader-Holmstrom/Miller is a great 4th line. I get knocked all the time, but something tells me Penner just may be coming to town. I know, I know, everyone hopes not, but I just feel that a change of scenery just may help this kid and he would look pretty impressive out there with Helm/Cleary. But, it's just an odd feeling. I wouldn't mind Kovalchuk's long contract here as long as he and Datsyuk and re-kindle some magic! At least he wouldn't be a rental and you would have possibly the best top line in the league with Franzen/Datsyuk/Kovachuk for a long long time! (assuming Datsyuk re-signs, and I think I am assuming correctly that he will...)

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#30 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Why do people want Hemsky so bad? He is basically Robert Lang.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#31 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Wings are looking for a productive winger that will fill some depth needs on the team. Hemsky is just that, and is an inexpensive option for the package. I don't want him "so bad" but he's one of the tops on my list of guys I realistically hope we sign that will still leave us with cap room.

#32 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

Since we are most likely going to lose Stuart as a UFA, this is what I would like to see happen...

To Edmonton : Brad Stuart and 2nd or 3rd round pick(depending)
To Detroit : Ales Hemsky

To Carolina : Dan Cleary, Cory Emmerton, Drew Miller, and a 2nd or 3rd round pick(depending)
To Detroit : Tim Gleason and Tuuomo Ruutu

our lines could look something like this...

Franzen, Datsyuk, Ruutu

Filppula, Zetterberg, Hemsky

Bertuzzi, Helm, Hudler

Holmstrom, Abdelkader, Mursak

ex.Eaves

Lidstrom, White

Kronwall, Gleason

Ericsson, Kindl

ex.Commodore

Howard
Conklin

what do you guys think? Remember, this is just my opinion...lets hear some other scenarios too

I'd s*** myself if that could happen, but it seems extremely optimistic.

I am sure there are more of us, but they just don't want to come to terms with it yet...that's ok, back before 2008 when I was a huge hater (and still am) of Hudler, I was in the minority, and in the last off season, I couldn't keep track of the number of Hudler-Haters we had here. The Franzen-Freaks will see him for what he is worth...and that is alot! (on the trade block)

I'm not a Franzen hater by any stretch, but I do believe he has more value right now in a trade than he does wearing the winged wheel. I say this only because the urge to play hard seems sporadic with him. With that, I'll give him a pass for one more post-season and see how that rolls....
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#33 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

Since we are most likely going to lose Stuart as a UFA, this is what I would like to see happen...

To Edmonton : Brad Stuart and 2nd or 3rd round pick(depending)
To Detroit : Ales Hemsky

To Carolina : Dan Cleary, Cory Emmerton, Drew Miller, and a 2nd or 3rd round pick(depending)
To Detroit : Tim Gleason and Tuuomo Ruutu

our lines could look something like this...

Franzen, Datsyuk, Ruutu

Filppula, Zetterberg, Hemsky

Bertuzzi, Helm, Hudler

Holmstrom, Abdelkader, Mursak

ex.Eaves

Lidstrom, White

Kronwall, Gleason

Ericsson, Kindl

ex.Commodore

Howard
Conklin

what do you guys think? Remember, this is just my opinion...lets hear some other scenarios too

Wow - these scenarios make ZERO sense to me. The Edmonton trade suggests we get rid of one of our top 4 d-men cause he is a pending Free Agent, for a struggling, injury plagued second liner who will also be a Free Agent at the end of the year.

The second deal proposes we get rid of a WHOLE LINE of our bottom 6 forwards, for 1 bottom six forward and an overrated defenseman - both of whom will be Free Agents at the end of the year. No way Holland is giving up on Emmerton, who has played really well this season, or Drew Miller, who has been one of our best bottom 6 scorers thus far, nor will he shake up this team that drastically.

In the past, Holland has had a really hard time giving up even one roster player to make room for someone else at the deadline. I think any deal involving the Wings will be for prospects, draft picks, and maybe 1 lower-level roster player.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#34 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

Nothing new today. Leafs might be getting closer to deal, reportedly looking for a gritty, top-9 player or a top line center, though the latter will be hardest to get.

#35 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

Heard the Habs may be involved in a minor deal. More to come.

Edited by Tim.D, 20 January 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#36 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Heard the Habs may be involved in a minor deal. More to come.

Hearing from a friend of mine that's a hab's fan that they may be landing Derek Roy. I don't know how credible this is but it's the only thing i've heard about what's potentially happening between the two teams today.

#37 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hearing from a friend of mine that's a hab's fan that they may be landing Derek Roy. I don't know how credible this is but it's the only thing i've heard about what's potentially happening between the two teams today.

I've heard that as well, but the Habs would probably be looking for a bigger center, as they don't have that much size down the middle.

I've also heard that a trade between the Blues and Islanders may be in the works, possibly involving Kyle Okposo and Blues goalie Ben Bishop.

The Minnesota Wild are desperately looking for a way to snap their 10 road-game losing streak. Looking for a top-6 forward could be a good way to do this, with Roy, Drew Stafford, and Brad Boyes on the block for Buffalo. Vinny Prospal from the Blue Jackets, Hemsky, and Ruutu could also be targets.

Pierre LeBrun thinks the Francois Beauchemin signing could mean the Ducks could be looking to trade Visnovsky toward the deadline.

#38 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hawks and Caps may be close on a deal involving a defenseman. More to come possibly.

#39 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

Let's have other people reply to this thread, shall we? It feels weird being the only person posting. Jan 21 Midday:

Oilers and Preds may be involved in a deal for Ryan Suter. This deal reportedly involved Hemsky as well.

THe Montreal Canandiens are going to make big deals come deadline time. "Erik Cole, Max Pacioretty, Tomas Plekanec, Rene Bourque, David Desharnais and PK Subban will not go anywhere. The club is stuck with Tomas Kaberle," says Mario Tremblay of RDS.ca. Lars Eller and Brian Gionta could be trade material, but expect them to shop Andrei Kostitisyn, Travis Moen, and Mathieu Darche, while he also says Scott Gomez, Hal Gill, and Petteri Nokelainen will not be back next season.

Buffalo’s Derek Roy, Drew Stafford and Brad Boyes. Columbus’ Vinny Prospal, Antoine Vermette and Kristian Huselius, Edmonton’s Ales Hemsky, Carolina’s Tuomo Ruutu and Anaheim’s Jason Blake are the main top-6 forward targets this deadline. Expect most of them, if not all, to change teams by Febuary 27th.

Kevin Allen of USA Today suggests that Nashville, Buffalo, Phoenix, Minnesota, Edmonton, Philadelphia, Ottawa, Anaheim, Columbus and Carolina will be the most active teams come deadline time.

#40 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

Looks like the Devils are considering trading Parise (via Kukla's):

The National Hockey League is in talks with the money-losing New Jersey Devils to advance the team money so it can continue to operate through the season, The Post has learned.

Under the NHL plan, Devils controlling owner Jeffery Vanderbeek would continue to run the team while he pursues a long-term financing solution, sources said.

“We can presume if the advance has not happened, it is going to happen soon,” a source close to the team said.

The Devils, which need to meet payroll twice a month until the regular season ends April 7, are weighing trading team captain Zach Parise for draft picks.

Parise makes $6 million and his contract expires at the end of the year, a source said.

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.