• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#41 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

It's going to be interesting to see what is the first domino to get the ball rolling. I have a feeling a team like Toronto or Boston will make the first big move this week, and bottom of the barrel teams will start shuffling out Alexei Ponikarovsky types until the deadline hits. Keep hearing the rumors about Hemsky and us, really hope there not true. He doesn't add anything more then Hudler for my money and he's softer then Huds to boot. Not what we need, but depending on the price who knows.

#NOMOREKINDL

#42 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

Two interesting tidbits tonight, one from Garrioch (who is just another Eklund, IMO):

League sources say as many as four teams — the Rangers, Sharks, Bruins and Wings — have all made inquiries into Selanne’s availability with the trade deadline just over a month away on Feb. 27. All are watching to see if Murray decides to make a move with his club mired near the bottom of the Western Conference.

and another from Eric Francis on HNIC:

Eric Francis on Hockey Night In Canada: "Ken Holland told me he's concerned about Ales Hemsky's shoulder injury."

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#43 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

Selanne is looking like he wants to come out for Anaheim, and he wants to go to a cup contender. Expect Red Wings to consider him.

It's looking more and more like Zach Parise will be traded come trade deadline. The Devils don't have a lot of money, and trading Parise will clear them of a lot of cash.

More to come?

#44 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

There is a need for:

1. Top 6 forward with scoring ability.
2. Size for the 2nd line Zetterberg/Flip

Answer is Tuomo Ruutu, he has everything that we need for 2nd line.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#45 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

There is a need for:

1. Top 6 forward with scoring ability.
2. Size for the 2nd line Zetterberg/Flip

Answer is Tuomo Ruutu, he has everything that we need for 2nd line.

I think Carolina's price for Ruutu is going to be too high.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#46 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

I would love to see parise at the trade deadline.. if we can get him for a reasonable price, we'd win the cup no doubt. (not saying that hes the piece we need, i think we'll win if we don't do anything) but then lids could retire on top (if hes trying to retire after this season.) then that would free up space to try and get another big name d man and if we did we could legitimately win back to back cups.

also, i hope we can trade for nabby cheap. nabokov would be a great 2nd goalie.. and howard could use a little rest when the playoff push comes.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#47 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

I've heard from a couple people that Deteoit has been pursuing Derek Roy since the meeting.

#48 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

Roy is alright. I wouldn't mind having him for the right price of course :P

#49 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

Roy is a center, is he not? And a pretty good one on faceoffs, isn't he? Not the piece that'll put us over the top but it could give us all-important depth at center.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#50 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

ESPN is reporting today that the going rate for Bobby Ryan is two top prospects and a top pick. A few weeks ago they wanted roster players for roster players. I'm still not sure EXACTLY what it's going to take to land him but considering he's young, proven, and under contract, I don't know why the Wings wouldn't take a long hard look at him and try to make something happen if the new ESPN report is accurate.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#51 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

If we got bobby Ryan for 2 prospects and a pick that would be incredible.. I'm sure they're looking into as much as they feel is necessary. I'd love to get him.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#52 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

I've heard from a couple people that Deteoit has been pursuing Derek Roy since the meeting.

Who/where did you hear this from?

I found this, translated from French:

John Shannon reported that the attacking player and center of the Buffalo Sabres, Derek Roy, arouse the interest of three formations NHL. The Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings and Minnesota Wild are these formations. Roy touches an average annual salary of $ 4 million per season and will see his present contract to expire at the end of the 2012-2013 season. The attacker knows a season low expectations with a harvest of 25 points in 46 games.

I can see the Hawks getting him. They need a second line center more than the Wings need a third line center.

#53 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

Apparently during the NBC broadcast McGuire said he expects Holland to make a significant move at the deadline.

#54 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

Apparently during the NBC broadcast McGuire said he expects Holland to make a significant move at the deadline.

He sure did. Dave Strader was talking about how good the current Wings team is and then Pierre responded by saying he think's they'll only be getting better because of the quote you posted. It was strange, but hey significant is good right? :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#55 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

Just found this tweet from Sean Hartnett, a NY/NJ area reporter:

Pierre McGuire thinks Red Wings are on the verge of making a big move. Interesting considering @StanFischler's earlier 'trade winds' tweet.

He was referring to this tweet from Fischler:

I feel a trade coming on but can't figure the winds.

#56 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Not of the significant variety, but still sounds good: Was watching That's Hockey on TSN and the guys were talking about Travis Moen and if Montreal decides to move him. Pierre LeBrun suggested the Canucks would be a good fit, and then Aaron Ward chimed in saying he's heard whispers about Detroit being interested :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#57 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

come on...moen? we need to fill the "hull" or "drake" quota

gimmie ruutu or parise.

someone who lives to bury the puck or someone with big brass balls and passion.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#58 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

Thefourthperiod.com has a list of the "top 25" players rumored to be available, they have these players listed as linked to Red Wing rumors

Ales Hemsky
Ryan Suter
Tuomo Ruutu
Travis Moen
Samuel Pahlsson
Evgeni Nabakov

On Parise i wouldnt mind at all giving up some picks to get him, we are usually drafting late 1st round anyway and the odds that some of our later picks turn into a player anywhere close to the talent Parise is, is slim.....I am usually against trading picks but in this case with a player that has never really missed any games up until the broken leg/ankle or whatever it was and is still a young player im all for it

Edited by king_malice, 25 January 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#59 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Roy's price will also be high; especially with the problems Chicago has at center right now. The Kane experiment at C failed, Toews is injured, and they were looking for a 2nd line C to begin with.

#60 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

From a poster at HFBoards:

Basically on the montreal radio channel TSN 990, [Pierre McGuire] came out saying Babcock is in for a huge surprise this deadline, he expects Holland to go out and get him a key player but he didn't give out a name.

Then he went on to say how they love Lidstrom and how good he still is but they're aware that his 40 and eventually someone needs to eat these minutes off.