• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Trade Deadline Approaches

Rate this topic

I've heard from a couple people that Deteoit has been pursuing Derek Roy since the meeting.

Who/where did you hear this from?

I found this, translated from French:

John Shannon reported that the attacking player and center of the Buffalo Sabres, Derek Roy, arouse the interest of three formations NHL. The Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings and Minnesota Wild are these formations. Roy touches an average annual salary of $ 4 million per season and will see his present contract to expire at the end of the 2012-2013 season. The attacker knows a season low expectations with a harvest of 25 points in 46 games.

I can see the Hawks getting him. They need a second line center more than the Wings need a third line center.

Apparently during the NBC broadcast McGuire said he expects Holland to make a significant move at the deadline.

He sure did. Dave Strader was talking about how good the current Wings team is and then Pierre responded by saying he think's they'll only be getting better because of the quote you posted. It was strange, but hey significant is good right? :thumbup:

Just found this tweet from Sean Hartnett, a NY/NJ area reporter:

Pierre McGuire thinks Red Wings are on the verge of making a big move. Interesting considering @StanFischler's earlier 'trade winds' tweet.

He was referring to this tweet from Fischler:

I feel a trade coming on but can't figure the winds.

Not of the significant variety, but still sounds good: Was watching That's Hockey on TSN and the guys were talking about Travis Moen and if Montreal decides to move him. Pierre LeBrun suggested the Canucks would be a good fit, and then Aaron Ward chimed in saying he's heard whispers about Detroit being interested :thumbup:

Thefourthperiod.com has a list of the "top 25" players rumored to be available, they have these players listed as linked to Red Wing rumors

Ales Hemsky

Ryan Suter

Tuomo Ruutu

Travis Moen

Samuel Pahlsson

Evgeni Nabakov

On Parise i wouldnt mind at all giving up some picks to get him, we are usually drafting late 1st round anyway and the odds that some of our later picks turn into a player anywhere close to the talent Parise is, is slim.....I am usually against trading picks but in this case with a player that has never really missed any games up until the broken leg/ankle or whatever it was and is still a young player im all for it

Edited by king_malice

I've heard from a couple people that Deteoit has been pursuing Derek Roy since the meeting.

Roy's price will also be high; especially with the problems Chicago has at center right now. The Kane experiment at C failed, Toews is injured, and they were looking for a 2nd line C to begin with.

From a poster at HFBoards:

Basically on the montreal radio channel TSN 990, [Pierre McGuire] came out saying Babcock is in for a huge surprise this deadline, he expects Holland to go out and get him a key player but he didn't give out a name.

Then he went on to say how they love Lidstrom and how good he still is but they're aware that his 40 and eventually someone needs to eat these minutes off.

Roy to Chicago is almost a given at this point.

Burke is getting calls about Grabovski, and he could see his name on the block closer to the deadline.

Suter will not be traded, at least until July 1st.

Ben Bishop's name has been flying around lately, and the Blues could use him in a trade to gain a scoring punch. Blues' GM Doug Armstrong said, however, that the Blues will wait for the return of Steen and McDonald until they reevaluate their need for a shooter.

Expect Montreal to become sellers, but closer to the deadline.

From Darren Dreger:

Hi Darren,

Now that the Red Wings are rolling along, just wondering if Ken Holland would add anyone for the playoffs? I heard that possible players - maybe Selanne, Grabovski, Elias, Hemsky and Jason Blake? Hopefully they can add someone to help balance out the scoring!

Mike Gross

Hamilton

A: Mike, Ken Holland is among the best at identifying players he knows will help the Red Wings in the playoffs. I've heard some rumblings, like the Canucks, Detroit will, or has shown some interest in Moen. I would expect the Wings would show considerable interest in Brendan Morrow if Dallas is truly listening to teams targeting the veteran centre. Hard to imagine the Stars are willing to do the Red Wings any favours, but if the price is right, anything is possible.

I'm listening to the Marek vs. Wyshynski podcast from two days ago (Jan. 25) and they had Ken Daniels on as a guest. One of them asked Daniels if he expects Detroit to be active at the deadline and he said:

Yes, absolutely. Without a doubt. They could use a top-six forward, I would think. I would also think they need some size up front and I would think on the blue line they could use some size back there too and maybe another right-handed shot would probably be the preferences. So, I think there's free areas and certainly with $5 million plus to spend, a position they have not been in before, I think when you see that Nick Lidstrom's turning 42 years old, and I don't know what will happen in the offseason with who's unrestricted, and you know the name's that are out out there like Ryan Suter or what happens with him, but I think they will be active for sure. I think they want to do something, realizing that they've got a good opportunity. Why not? Look at their record. I think the only thing this team really needs is some more size up front. Beyond the Bertuzzi's and the Franzen's... they'll go for size, but a guy that can play too. They want a guy with some size who can play with some skill, not just a guy who can play for four or five minutes a game.

He also said he expects Lidstrom to keep playing unless there's a lockout.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Rumour+Corey+Perry+Vancouver+Canucks/6063607/story.html

Interesting article. God I hope Vancouver doesn't acquire Corey Perry...

Heard from some people that this "rumor" was "pure fantasy" and had no chance of happening. Heard about Moen to the Canucks though.

Morrow could be moved only if the Stars fall out of playoff contention. Not much other talk during the all-star break.

Here's what I think the Red Wings will do this trade deadline.

-There is almost no chance the Red Wings will acquire Zach Parise or Ryan Suter before the offseason

-Tuomo Ruutu is a player that has been involved in many a rumor, but I doubt the Wings pick him up. As much as I hate to say it, I can see him going to the Sharks.

-The Wings will pick up one of Travis Moen or Brendan Morrow. One of these would be a good top-six forward for a number of years.

-Holland said he wants more depth and more grittiness on the blue line. I could see them getting a bottom-four dman, but I don't have names yet.

-Hemsky is overrated.

Here's what I think the Red Wings will do this trade deadline.

-There is almost no chance the Red Wings will acquire Zach Parise or Ryan Suter before the offseason

-Tuomo Ruutu is a player that has been involved in many a rumor, but I doubt the Wings pick him up. As much as I hate to say it, I can see him going to the Sharks.

-The Wings will pick up one of Travis Moen or Brendan Morrow. One of these would be a good top-six forward for a number of years.

-Holland said he wants more depth and more grittiness on the blue line. I could see them getting a bottom-four dman, but I don't have names yet.

-Hemsky is overrated.

Ruutu's value will be overpriced at the deadline, but Moen or Morrow would be nice, if the price isn't outrageous. I think the rumor of Hemsky Sutton for Jurco and a 1 was probably something created on a fan board like HF Forums.... WIngs wont move Jurco for someone like Hemsky...

I think I remember Dreger saying the "going price" for Ruutu was like a mid-level prospect and a second rounder. But depending on how many offers Carolina gets, it might go up closer to the deadline.

As much as it'd be cool to have Hemsky and Sutton here, it's not worth Jurco and a first. Jurco could develop into something special, and Ken Holland does not want to trade his early round draft picks this year.

Moen is not a top six forward on our team. Shouldn't be on any team really. He is a good checking line guy... but honestly I don't get why everyone wants him. He is good, but he wouldn't be a significant upgrade over what depth we already have.

I think I remember Dreger saying the "going price" for Ruutu was like a mid-level prospect and a second rounder. But depending on how many offers Carolina gets, it might go up closer to the deadline.

As much as it'd be cool to have Hemsky and Sutton here, it's not worth Jurco and a first. Jurco could develop into something special, and Ken Holland does not want to trade his early round draft picks this year.

agreed. trading away jurco (esspecially this early) would be dumb and it won't happen. the kid as a bright future, guarantee it.

to be honest, I'm a little surprised no one took him before we had the chance. although there was a lot of talent in the draft..