• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Trade Deadline Approaches

Rate this topic

Yeah, by not making a move.

It seems apparent that the team feels good with what they have and don't want to mess with the future.

I agree with this strategy at this moment. I still would like to see Selanne or Semin added to the roster.

I am not sure abouth Semin. The guy is a jerk, or so people say. I don't want our guys getting frustrated with this guy. Lids, Bobcock and others need to save their energy for winning games and not waste it on this lazy, pain- in- a -rear end guy.

Selanne would be nice.

I am not sure abouth Semin. The guy is a jerk, or so people say. I don't want our guys getting frustrated with this guy. Lids, Bobcock and others need to save their energy for winning games and not waste it on this lazy, pain- in- a -rear end guy.

Selanne would be nice.

I'd love to have Semin but the caps are doing much better now I doubt that trade will happen. I think guys like Penner, Hecht maybe, or even Kostitsyn to name a few will be available. Penner is intriguing in the sense he has been underwhelming this year.

The guy I like that I think we could ride the wave with and utilize his age would be Sam Gagner. The only problem is that his stock is sky high right now and it might end up costing much more than it would a month ago.

Maybe I'm jumping on the bandwagon but I just think he would be great on any of our top three lines. He is an accurate shooter and seems to find himself in the right place a lot. With us having a lot of playmakers, really almost anyone can come in here and thrive.

Maybe we should look past some of the stats and view some of these guys based off of their overall talents. Hell I just named a few guys so I'm sure there are quite a few guys out there.

The cool part is that some of these guys just need more skill and experience around them and they could become a completely different player. Guys like Parise and Nash are not attainable in my opinion.

To WSH:

Jiri Hudler

Tomas Tatar

Fabian Brunnstrom

2012 2nd

To DET:

Alexander Semin

2012 5th

To TOR:

Cory Emmerton

Joakim Andersson

Jakub Kindl

2012 3rd

To DET:

Nikolai Kulemin

Jesse Blacker

Projected Line-Up

Kulemin / Datsyuk / Semin

Filppula / Zetterberg / Franzen

Cleary / Helm / Bertuzzi

Miller / Abdelkader / ( Holmstrom / Mursak / Eaves / Conner )

Lidstrom / White

Kronwall / Stuart

Ericsson / ( Commodore / Kindl )

Howard

MacDonald

Conklin

Things won't start happening until the week of the trade deadline, most likely.

Yeah, because of the very little selection and trends of longer/larger contracts that deter trades.

Selanne would be nice.

Semin on a line with datsyuk. Is really deadly! For one semin would have a stud centerman setting him up. He has size speed not to mention he's young. As much as I like selanne. He's old. Semin With a setupman could score us 50 goals as crazy as it sounds. I'd pull this trigger if it doesn't cost us too much. Nyqust,jurco being untouchable. Take anyone else.

To WSH:

Jiri Hudler

Tomas Tatar

Fabian Brunnstrom

2012 2nd

To DET:

Alexander Semin

2012 5th

To TOR:

Cory Emmerton

Joakim Andersson

Jakub Kindl

2012 3rd

To DET:

Nikolai Kulemin

Jesse Blacker

Projected Line-Up

Kulemin / Datsyuk / Semin

Filppula / Zetterberg / Franzen

Cleary / Helm / Bertuzzi

Miller / Abdelkader / ( Holmstrom / Mursak / Eaves / Conner )

Lidstrom / White

Kronwall / Stuart

Ericsson / ( Commodore / Kindl )

Howard

MacDonald

Conklin

I don't know why you're so stuck on this. Why would you give up so much youth for a struggling Semin and Kulemin. Washington doesn't want a UFA in Hudler and no one wants Brunnstrom. I would keep Tatar right now, he has so much potential. Semin just looks like he's lost out there and wants to go back to Russia. Then you want to give up youth on our back end in Kindl, who is having a pretty decent year so far. Wings can't be giving up on our youthful defence with Lidstrom retiring in the near future. Kulemin is way of last years pace for goals. what does he have 5 right now? I mean, Emmerton even has more than him right now, and he's playing on the 4th line. Both these trades make no sense at all to me. The Wings would be giving up way too much for this. Not to mention a second and third round draft pick while getting back a 5th rounder.

Edited by Hatchet Barry

Anyone else hear a crazy rumor that the canucks are trying to work something with Nash, or are the dirtbag canuck fans at work just blowing smoke ?

ESPN rumors Nash to NYR for a package including Dubinsky. Obviously, there's no telling how accurate it is, but I have only seen NYR rumors with Nash, nothing about Vancouver.

ESPN rumors Nash to NYR for a package including Dubinsky. Obviously, there's no telling how accurate it is, but I have only seen NYR rumors with Nash, nothing about Vancouver.

Yeah its mentioned here... (NYR rumor that is).

The New York Rangers are looking to add a top-tier player to their roster before the trade deadline and could pursue Columbus Blue Jackets sniper Rick Nash.

According to the Ottawa Sun, Rangers GM Glen Sather is interested in Nash, who has a no-movement clause and would have to approve any deal the Blue Jackets attempt to complete. If the Blue Jackets look to deal Nash, the Rangers won't be the only team knocking on the door of Columbus GM Scott Howson. The Los Angeles Kings are also extremely interested in Nash. The Sun suggests the big price tag for Nash could include Rangers center Brandon Dubinsky, top prospect Chris Kreider and a first-round draft pick, however one league source told TFP that one of young forwards Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin would need to be included in a package, along with Dubinsky.

I just don't see how the Rags can keep adding all these expensive players and fit them all under there cap. I didn't actually go and check there cap hit or anything thought. But with all the young stars and then Lundquvist and Gaborik and Richards it seems like they won't have a ton of room.

Edit: Forgot to include the link: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr120211.html

Edited by Hockey13Playa

Does anyone think there is a chance we could get someone like Corey Perry or Ryan Getzlaf?

They are some of my favorite players outside of Zach Parise and the Top guys on our team.

I read that Corey Perry may be available but haven't seen anything on Getzlaf.

Yeah its mentioned here... (NYR rumor that is).

I just don't see how the Rags can keep adding all these expensive players and fit them all under there cap. I didn't actually go and check there cap hit or anything thought. But with all the young stars and then Lundquvist and Gaborik and Richards it seems like they won't have a ton of room.

Edit: Forgot to include the link: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr120211.html

Yeah, I can't see this working out under the cap for more than one year. Plus their team is already stellar.

I heard if the jackets do decide to move Nash. A goalie would involved in the deal. So what teams out there have the assets to get Nash. I'd say the la kings with bernier beIng Part The package. Should be interesting to see this pan out

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/1564/rick-nash

According to this the Rangers are in preliminary talks with Nash.

Outside of Eklund who I pretty much consider entirely a speculator and not credible, I haven't really seen a lot confirming the Nash to LA talks. Either team would make sense though and either team would be a viable option.

It would be bad for us if Vancouver somehow got their hands on Nash. Having said that I've not seen nor read any rumors on that. Yes the NYR are believed to be in talks for Nash but I just don't see them working anything out cause of cap space. Having said that I don't know what the Rangers cap numbers are at all.