• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Trade Deadline Approaches

Rate this topic

i like your updates. keep 'em coming!!

Was stuck in LA traffic and listening to hockey night in Canada. Bettman asked Kenny regarding deadline trades. Kenny confirmed that it would be a dept forward and or a D if he could find one. Those were his words " if we could find any"

So it would be safe not to excpect a big name player.

i like your updates. keep 'em coming!!

Yeah Tim this has been a great thread, been checking up on it daily.

I wouldn't have any issues with a depth forward, I don't think we necessarily have to tamper with the core so if we do nothing at the deadline i'll still be happy.

don't know how solid this is but i heard rumors of philly talking to the jackets for Nash. possibly something like Van Riemsdyk, another player, and Bobrovsky.

The rumor is Nash+Mason for Bobrovsky, Schenn, JVR, a 1st and a prospect. It's a steep price to pay.

The rumor is Nash+Mason for Bobrovsky, Schenn, JVR, a 1st and a prospect. It's a steep price to pay.

Damn yea if Columbus could pull that off they'll make that trade in a heartbeat.. Obviously they're going to try to get as much as they can but that could be the core to rebuild their roster for sure. Especially if the prospect pans out well.

With the current red wings success, I'd say all they need is a Dallas drake type player to hit and grind. We don't have enough of those types.

If the rumor about ruutu holds any water, I would be ecstatic!

Agreed, even at the cost, please bring Ruutu to this team.

I honestly think Moen/Gaustad is all we need. Bit of size and grit on the bottom line, a depth defenceman like Bryan Allen would be cool with me too. I'd love to see him f*** up Jumbo in the playoffs :thumbup:

This is a scenario that I'd certainly like to see. :thumbup:

might even inspire Bert to play tougher.

I'm not sure how reputable this source (TVA sports) is, but they're saying the Wings have offered Xavier Ouellet to Montreal for Moen. Here's a translation via Google:

Even if injured, the Montreal Canadiens winger Travis Moen seems more interested in training for the NHL playoffs.

Depending on what VAT Sports learned on Monday night, the Detroit Red Wings would Moen, an attacker versatile 6 foot 2 inches and 215 pounds, in their sights and would like to add to their core of veterans. They have even offered to Canadians hope Quebec Xavier Ouellet, of Blainville, Boisbriand Armada, they had selected in the 2nd round (48th overall) in the last draft.

The Chief Wings Ken Holland has already begun discussions about this with the CEO of Canadians, Pierre Gauthier.

I think the Wings need a higher scoring forward going into the playoffs. Z, Fil, and Franz do not have many shots on goal... though Z made and created many opportunities as he always does. We can use the help guys. The Canucks whom I highly dislike are going to be there as well as the Shark, Blues, and Hawks. We need more fire power up front.

I think the Wings need a higher scoring forward going into the playoffs. Z, Fil, and Franz do not have many shots on goal... though Z made and created many opportunities as he always does. We can use the help guys. The Canucks whom I highly dislike are going to be there as well as the Shark, Blues, and Hawks. We need more fire power up front.

Zett has 188 shots and Franzen has 170, I think that's plenty for their expectations. Stamkos, Ovechkin, Parise only have about 20-30 more shots comparatively. A setup guy for Zett wouldn't hurt to get more of those pucks in the net though.

Agreed. Aside from dats and z. They really need another skating foward who can put picks in the net not to mention cross the oppositions blue line to create offense. Come playoff time when it's a grind and star towards are being blanketed depth is the key which is why so Many teams with depth make it further then most. Wings can use a seleane,semin type foward. Not a grinder they're are set with that with their third and fourth lines.

Sorry for the typos.

I think Grabaski would be a GREAT pickup for the Wings. He provides speed, good passer and loves to shoot the puck. A guy like that is what this team could use and it would help spread out the offense for us in the playoffs. We could consistently rely on Pavs, Hank, Grabby, Franzen, Fil and Bert as our top 6 and dont forget the amazing bottom 6 we have. Also I think Grabby playing with Pavs would be a huge upgrade for that line over Franzen because it would give Pavs speed to work with and a player who actually tries every shift.