• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#121 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

It would be bad for us if Vancouver somehow got their hands on Nash. Having said that I've not seen nor read any rumors on that. Yes the NYR are believed to be in talks for Nash but I just don't see them working anything out cause of cap space. Having said that I don't know what the Rangers cap numbers are at all.

#122 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Go ahead NYR, trade for Nash. Cap hell.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#123 arag

arag

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 639 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

Go ahead NYR, trade for Nash. Cap hell.

While a blockbuster trade for Nash would make headlines, it might not be the best move for the Rangers, according to The Wall Street Journal.
http://online.wsj.co...2329163866.html

#124 Tim.D

Tim.D

LGW Media Creator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Burke has been offered a second round pick and a prospect for Grabvoski per Darren Deeger on Insider Trading. He could get more than that though.

#125 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

i like your updates. keep 'em coming!!

Posted Image

#126 arag

arag

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 639 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

Was stuck in LA traffic and listening to hockey night in Canada. Bettman asked Kenny regarding deadline trades. Kenny confirmed that it would be a dept forward and or a D if he could find one. Those were his words " if we could find any"
So it would be safe not to excpect a big name player.

#127 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

Yeah Tim this has been a great thread, been checking up on it daily.

I wouldn't have any issues with a depth forward, I don't think we necessarily have to tamper with the core so if we do nothing at the deadline i'll still be happy.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#128 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Yea I don't see the wings making any major moves til the offseason. However, seeing Nashville trading for Hal gill makes me wonder if they are preparing to move weber or suter and where do we fit in.

#129 Tim.D

Tim.D

LGW Media Creator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

Heard some talk that Jack Johnson is on the block. Maybe JJ for JVR if he comes back soon.

#130 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

don't know how solid this is but i heard rumors of philly talking to the jackets for Nash. possibly something like Van Riemsdyk, another player, and Bobrovsky.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#131 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,808 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:13 AM

don't know how solid this is but i heard rumors of philly talking to the jackets for Nash. possibly something like Van Riemsdyk, another player, and Bobrovsky.

The rumor is Nash+Mason for Bobrovsky, Schenn, JVR, a 1st and a prospect. It's a steep price to pay.

#NOMOREKINDL

#132 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

The rumor is Nash+Mason for Bobrovsky, Schenn, JVR, a 1st and a prospect. It's a steep price to pay.

Damn yea if Columbus could pull that off they'll make that trade in a heartbeat.. Obviously they're going to try to get as much as they can but that could be the core to rebuild their roster for sure. Especially if the prospect pans out well.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#133 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

With the current red wings success, I'd say all they need is a Dallas drake type player to hit and grind. We don't have enough of those types.
If the rumor about ruutu holds any water, I would be ecstatic!

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#134 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,808 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

I honestly think Moen/Gaustad is all we need. Bit of size and grit on the bottom line, a depth defenceman like Bryan Allen would be cool with me too. I'd love to see him f*** up Jumbo in the playoffs :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#135 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:14 AM

With the current red wings success, I'd say all they need is a Dallas drake type player to hit and grind. We don't have enough of those types.
If the rumor about ruutu holds any water, I would be ecstatic!

Agreed, even at the cost, please bring Ruutu to this team.

#136 Tim.D

Tim.D

LGW Media Creator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Agreed, even at the cost, please bring Ruutu to this team.

Ruutu is off the market. Injured and expected to re-sign.

#137 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

I honestly think Moen/Gaustad is all we need. Bit of size and grit on the bottom line, a depth defenceman like Bryan Allen would be cool with me too. I'd love to see him f*** up Jumbo in the playoffs :thumbup:

This is a scenario that I'd certainly like to see. :thumbup:

might even inspire Bert to play tougher.

#138 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

I'm not sure how reputable this source (TVA sports) is, but they're saying the Wings have offered Xavier Ouellet to Montreal for Moen. Here's a translation via Google:

Even if injured, the Montreal Canadiens winger Travis Moen seems more interested in training for the NHL playoffs.

Depending on what VAT Sports learned on Monday night, the Detroit Red Wings would Moen, an attacker versatile 6 foot 2 inches and 215 pounds, in their sights and would like to add to their core of veterans. They have even offered to Canadians hope Quebec Xavier Ouellet, of Blainville, Boisbriand Armada, they had selected in the 2nd round (48th overall) in the last draft.

The Chief Wings Ken Holland has already begun discussions about this with the CEO of Canadians, Pierre Gauthier.

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#139 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

I'm not sure how reputable this source (TVA sports) is, but they're saying the Wings have offered Xavier Ouellet to Montreal for Moen. Here's a translation via Google:

I just heard on NHL network that mtl is trying to resign moen and he's off the market

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#140 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:35 AM

I've heard this rumor recently as well. I wouldn't mind Moen, he wouldn't be my first option though. Things are definitely going to start heating up this week as we close in on the deadline, looking forward to a busy week of deals and rumors.