• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#161 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Another year of hopes and expectations fizzled away. Why wouldn't we just wait til the offseason to make that Commodore deal and keep him for insurance through the playoffs? It kind of seems unnecessary to get that 7th pick today opposed to the end of the year.

It was a respect move on Hollands part. Commie just wanted to play and he didn't really have a chance to here.. Plus they wanted smith to get some playing time in before playoffs. Agreed, commie would've been great insurance. I actually liked when he played and it's a little disappointing seeing him go but I'm glad also because he'll actually get playing time down in Tampa.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#162 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:48 AM

It was a respect move on Hollands part. Commie just wanted to play and he didn't really have a chance to here.. Plus they wanted smith to get some playing time in before playoffs. Agreed, commie would've been great insurance. I actually liked when he played and it's a little disappointing seeing him go but I'm glad also because he'll actually get playing time down in Tampa.

I didn't really think about it like that so +1. If that's the case and it was out of respect for Mike putting him in a better situation then it's much more understandable. I also think in the long run it helps maintain a good relationship with Yzerman and the Lightning. With that said, I do hope to see Commie get to play in Tampa much more than he was able to here.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#163 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:13 AM

yea holland said he did it so commie had an opportunity to play out this year in hopes of earning a contract for next year. hard to expect a contract when you play less than 20 games the previous year all as healthy scratches.

he'll get to play out this year, even if it is w/ a last place team.....at least he can display his abilities to the other 28 teams.

Posted Image