• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/14 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Did anybody else hear Pierre say "You're now tied with Chicago," and "You've won a Stanley Cup," to Bertuzzi? I mean, we're still a point behind Chicago, and Bertuzzi has never won a cup, but um, don't let facts get in the way of you being a moron, Pierre.

Did anybody else hear Pierre say "You're now tied with Chicago," and "You've won a Stanley Cup," to Bertuzzi? I mean, we're still a point behind Chicago, and Bertuzzi has never won a cup, but um, don't let facts get in the way of you being a moron, Pierre.

I thought that too! Bert's never won a Cup, what a dumbass. :lol:

esteef

Well, I gotta say, that was a great game with each team taking turns dominating. Fact is, we are two very closely matched teams, and if we meet in the playoffs it will be a helluva series (and closer than 2009 when the Hawks weren't quite ready).

Datsyuk was pure awesome all over the ice.

James Tiberius Howard is the man.

Even Franzen showed up in OT.

Well, I gotta say, that was a great game with each team taking turns dominating. Fact is, we are two very closely matched teams, and if we meet in the playoffs it will be a helluva series (and closer than 2009 when the Hawks weren't quite ready).

Datsyuk and Lidstrom missed like the entire series, and it still didn't go beyond 5 games.

Has anyone who has seen all three games against Chicago thought that they've spent an usually high amount of time discussing the play of Jimmy Hayes?

I agree.

Why should we care about some minor league scrub when there's so much talent on the ice already?

Just watched the highlights, glad we won but too bad about giving Chicago 1 pt. It was a fluke redirect off Lids' skate on that tying goal ... but the streak is alive and well.

Edited by RedWingsRox

I agree.

Why should we care about some minor league scrub when there's so much talent on the ice already?

You should hear Eddie on the local Hawks broadcasts. He is OBSESSED with Jimmy Hayes. Won't stop talking about him, it gets a little uncomfortable.

137002417_slide.jpg137005610_slide.jpg137005611_slide.jpg

NHL.com Photo Gallery

What's up with the stick next to Todd's hand in the second picture? Looks a lot like Lidström's stick (and he was on the ice during that goal) but where is he?

Edit: Oh I get it. Lidström is holding the stick with a raised hand and he is just outside the picture. You can see part of his hand in the top left corner. A strange perspective got me confused.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Some things I noticed during the game, I like the on ice mikes turned up so you can't hear the NBC fools very well, and Dumzo's complaints of Detroit having too many men all the time. I think he counts 5 wings and realizes the Wings should only have four because of league mandated penalties ;)

Not as close as the silly standings indicate with all of those loser points. The Hawks have given up 130 goals against. That is more than every team in the West but Columbus and Anaheim.

The Wings have a ROW of 26 compared to Chicago's 22 and we have a game in hand. AND Chicago has played 4 less road games.

Today, they were given a gift goal by Howard and had one go in off of Lidstrom's skate. They really aren't that good of a team.

I think that the Hawks will drop in the standings with that 9 game road trip that they have coming up.

Guest Crymson

Today, they were given a gift goal by Howard and had one go in off of Lidstrom's skate. They really aren't that good of a team.

It's really not fair to blame that goal on Howard.

That said, the Hawks are just about to enter a period of brutal schedule such as the Wings had in December. It won't be fun for them.

Not as close as the silly standings indicate with all of those loser points. The Hawks have given up 130 goals against. That is more than every team in the West but Columbus and Anaheim.

The Wings have a ROW of 26 compared to Chicago's 22 and we have a game in hand. AND Chicago has played 4 less road games.

I think that the Hawks will drop in the standings with that 9 game road trip that they have coming up.

I agree..we are deeper top to bottom, they rely a ton on one line.