Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

1/14 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

First game I ever went to was a Hawk vs Wing game. We lived in Chicago at the time and my Dad said, " the team in the Red and White is the team we are rooting for. See that 19, he's our boy. See that 91, he is magic. " I was 10 years old at the time. My Dads funeral is today so I will be missing the game, but I hope my Dad is on Gods good side and we come out with a regulation win. That's what he'd want. Go Wings!!!!!!!!

<hugs, dear>
If the game is televised in heaven, my dad has probably invited your dad over for beer and hockey.

I'll be thinking of you today. Take care.

#22 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Early game, yay! :banana:

Doc and Edzo = :thumbdown:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#23 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

OH MY GOSH!!!!!

This is actually on NBC! The real NBC, not the spinoff formerly known as VS. Usually they advertise something on NBC and I get excited and then I find out that it's not on NBC for reals, but this time IT IS!

I'm so happy I could kiss Hudler! On the lips, even!

WOOHOO!

Go Wings!

#24 RedWingfaninCO

RedWingfaninCO

4th Line Grinder

• HoF Booster
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

Slightly off-topic, but is it true that if you get to the Joe early enough before a game you can go right down to the glass, even if your seats are upper level? Been there a few times but never thought of this until a friend mentioned it.

True. We did that a few years ago when we were in town. It was fun to get our pics right by the glass.

Have fun!

And Go Wings!

#25 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,613 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

Today's Officials
Referees Stephen Walkom (#24) & Don VanMassenhoven (#21) Linesmen Derek Amell (#75) & Steve Miller (#89)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#26 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

If they go with the same lineup again, its gonna be a rough night.

Guess babs believes he has a better chance against teams with kindl in, instead of commie, even though with commie, ericsson plays hellavu lot "bigger" so in reality, when he puts Kindl in, he takes BOTH Commie and Ericsson out

Babcock's a moron to not dress an injured player.

MLive

Defenseman Mike Commodore wonít play today because of a sore right foot from blocking a shot last Sunday in Chicago. He hopes to be ready Monday.

Commodore dressed as the seventh defenseman Tuesday against the New York Islanders because the team was short one forward, but he didnít leave the bench.

"The pregame skate was a joke, I couldnít even turn," Commodore said. "If you put skates on and sit for 2 1/2 hours, itís going to hurt. It was awful.

"The second period was the worst. I had to loosen my skates up on the bench. Babs talked to me and told me what the plan was. I was cool with that."

Commodore said the same thing happened to him earlier in his career in Carolina, when he had a charley horse and didnít get off the bench.

"Coach wanted me on the bench in Montreal. I just cheered," Commodore said. "Couple of fans chirped at me in French, telling me how great a game I had. I think we won big.

"I told them in French, 'Thank you very much.'"

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#27 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Babcock's a moron to not dress an injured player.

MLive

I love Commie! His comments to the media are the best.

#28 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,646 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

I won't be able to watch this one, but I'll be listening. Go Wings!!

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#29 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

1326509357[/url]' post='2245364']
He shouldn't be allowed to do national broadcasts that involve Chicago.

<<THIS>>

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#30 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,646 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

:thumbup:

<<THIS>>

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#31 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

1326523156[/url]' post='2245389']
Is there a single worse commentating trio than Doc, Eddie andf****** Pierre?

Not anymore. Eddie especially went way overboard in the last game. Therefore, since we're probably going to get him again, I hope what our guys do on the ice today turns him into an incoherent, babbling, bug-eyed baboon.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#32 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Walkom AND VanMassenhoven?

Look for a penalty-free game from the Hawks. Yikes.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#33 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

1326518277[/url]' post='2245377']
First game I ever went to was a Hawk vs Wing game. We lived in Chicago at the time and my Dad said, " the team in the Red and White is the team we are rooting for. See that 19, he's our boy. See that 91, he is magic. " I was 10 years old at the time. My Dads funeral is today so I will be missing the game, but I hope my Dad is on Gods good side and we come out with a regulation win. That's what he'd want. Go Wings!!!!!!!!

This is a wonderful story. And it's going to be one of those great memories that will sustain you and lift you up the rest of your life. My prayers and hugs are coming your way.

#34 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Looking forward to watching the game on mute this afternoon. Ughh. GO WINGS GO!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Wooo finally the Hawks are the ones coming to town! Been looking forward to this one since the last match up, although I will be missing the 2nd period since I'll be out tutoring :(
Anyways here's to a great game between these two power house teams. Hopefully the Wings will start strong and wont have to play catch up hockey once more!

Red Wings 4 (Datsyuk, Filppula, Zetterberg, Cleary)
Blackhawks 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

#36 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

Any stream for this game? For some reason my Mac hates the stream posted in GDT

Edited by NHLrules?, 14 January 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#37 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

Bert is playing... Mursak is a scratch

#38 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

interested to see franzen and montador's interaction today.
Posted Image

#39 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

Oh yay we get to listen to the douchbag Edzo :thumbdown:

#40 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

So excited, first Wings game I can watch live since forever :)

Wings win 14-3, Datsyuk with a goal and 13 assists.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk