Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

1/14 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#441 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

Datsyuk and Lidstrom missed like the entire series, and it still didn't go beyond 5 games.

Like I said, they weren't ready :)
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#442 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

Just watched the highlights, glad we won but too bad about giving Chicago 1 pt. It was a fluke redirect off Lids' skate on that tying goal ... but the streak is alive and well.

Edited by RedWingsRox, 14 January 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#443 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

I agree.

Why should we care about some minor league scrub when there's so much talent on the ice already?

You should hear Eddie on the local Hawks broadcasts. He is OBSESSED with Jimmy Hayes. Won't stop talking about him, it gets a little uncomfortable.
Posted Image

#444 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

NHL.com Photo Gallery

What's up with the stick next to Todd's hand in the second picture? Looks a lot like Lidström's stick (and he was on the ice during that goal) but where is he?

Edit: Oh I get it. Lidström is holding the stick with a raised hand and he is just outside the picture. You can see part of his hand in the top left corner. A strange perspective got me confused.

Edited by P. Marlowe, 14 January 2012 - 05:58 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#445 SidAbelsSon

SidAbelsSon

Rookie

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Some things I noticed during the game, I like the on ice mikes turned up so you can't hear the NBC fools very well, and Dumzo's complaints of Detroit having too many men all the time. I think he counts 5 wings and realizes the Wings should only have four because of league mandated penalties ;)

#446 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

Well, I gotta say, that was a great game with each team taking turns dominating. Fact is, we are two very closely matched teams, and if we meet in the playoffs it will be a helluva series (and closer than 2009 when the Hawks weren't quite ready).

Datsyuk was pure awesome all over the ice.

James Tiberius Howard is the man.

Even Franzen showed up in OT.

Not as close as the silly standings indicate with all of those loser points. The Hawks have given up 130 goals against. That is more than every team in the West but Columbus and Anaheim.

The Wings have a ROW of 26 compared to Chicago's 22 and we have a game in hand. AND Chicago has played 4 less road games.

Today, they were given a gift goal by Howard and had one go in off of Lidstrom's skate. They really aren't that good of a team.

I think that the Hawks will drop in the standings with that 9 game road trip that they have coming up.
Do or do not. There is no try

#447 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

What a game what a finish wish I was at the Joe to see it live it rocked on tv!!

#448 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

Today, they were given a gift goal by Howard and had one go in off of Lidstrom's skate. They really aren't that good of a team.

It's really not fair to blame that goal on Howard.

That said, the Hawks are just about to enter a period of brutal schedule such as the Wings had in December. It won't be fun for them.

#449 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Not as close as the silly standings indicate with all of those loser points. The Hawks have given up 130 goals against. That is more than every team in the West but Columbus and Anaheim.

The Wings have a ROW of 26 compared to Chicago's 22 and we have a game in hand. AND Chicago has played 4 less road games.

I think that the Hawks will drop in the standings with that 9 game road trip that they have coming up.

I agree..we are deeper top to bottom, they rely a ton on one line.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#450 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Anyone still on this thread? Was wondering if anyone knows the deal with Brendan Smith?

#451 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

The Hawks first goal definitely wasn't soft, one of those fluke plays.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#452 shorthanded

shorthanded

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

Just watched the highlights, glad we won but too bad about giving Chicago 1 pt. It was a fluke redirect off Lids' skate on that tying goal ... but the streak is alive and well.

Franzen could have gone down down to block or prevent Hossa'a shot. Instead he made himself skinny and once again avoided contact and that GAVE THE HAWKS A POINT.

#453 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

I was "slumming" yesterday on a couple of 'hawks forums and more than just a couple of "fans" suggested that they played the overtime period as if they were waiting to "make their move" in the shootout.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#454 hoogs

hoogs

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 403 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

I was at this game with great seats 8 rows from the ice just behind the Wings bench. Great time and great atmosphere at the Joe. I would say a good 10% of the crowd were Hawk fans which made it more interesting throughout. Definitely one of the best games I've seen at the Joe personally.