• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
deltawing

Brad Stuart to the West Coast?

Rate this topic

let's get honest for a while. with the trade deadline "prices" of recent years player like Stuart can land Wings a ton of high draft picks or quality prospects.

and I mean youngsters who are expected to become regular 2nd liners or 2nd pair D-men. so, yes, if Kenny has a good option, I definitely think it is at

least worth considering. it sure isn't the best thing to weaken our defense corps that aren't exactly league's best right now, but if there was a chance

of Nick coming back next season trading Stuart it's absolutely worth considering. with Howie in goal we have the luxury to go with weaker defense.

Not sure what "prices" you mean. White for a 2nd. Brewer for a 3rd and a weak prospect. McCabe for a 3rd and weak prospect. Wideman for a 3rd and a weak prospect. Allen for Samsonov. Klesla for Lepisto and Upshall. Mark Stuart and Wheeler for Peverley and a crap defenseman...

We'd be unlikely to get more than the 2nd and 4th rounders we gave up for him.

Not sure what "prices" you mean. White for a 2nd. Brewer for a 3rd and a weak prospect. McCabe for a 3rd and weak prospect. Wideman for a 3rd and a weak prospect. Allen for Samsonov. Klesla for Lepisto and Upshall. Mark Stuart and Wheeler for Peverley and a crap defenseman...

We'd be unlikely to get more than the 2nd and 4th rounders we gave up for him.

not so sure...

Kaberle = 1st round pick, conditional 2nd round pick, depth player (former 1st round pick)

Versteeg = 1st round pick, 3rd round pick

Mike Fisher = 1st round pick, conditional 2nd round pick

Kovalchuk = 1st round pick + 2 veteran regulars

Stuart is worth more than White, Brewer or Wideman and I'm not even going to bite on the old goat McCabe...

Wings can't expect to get for him same as Kaberle got, but Versteeg of Mike Fisher... if there's willing buyer

on the other end... ?

Stuart is no Lidstrom, but he's no slouch either. and most certainly a veteran with significant playoff experience...

Edited by akustyk

We could get a lot for Stuart. I'd hate to see him leave, but if that's what he wants, he's contributed and done his part. There's nothing to criticize about wanting to go be with family. He's done everything we as fans asked of him. He'll be hard to replace, but I think it's obvious he is the highest trade value on the team right now. Package him with a role player or a pick and we could get a top 6 scorer. Then either call up Smith or trade for a mid-level defenseman. I don't much like counting on Ericsson-Kindl-Commodore going into the playoffs.

I'd hate to see Stuart go but I guess I'd want to see him traded and possibly get something good for him rather than just lose him to FA and open up the cap-space. I imagine the team will look fairly different next season with a few new faces and some older ones going bye bye but it would be nice to keep as much of our core as possible to have a building block to go on to help us continue to contend for a Cup.

GMR had a great quote for that. I forget where it's from. Something like, "You've disappointed me, son..." Or something to that effect.

Godfather Part II.

"You broke my heart, Fredo". "You broke my heart".

I hope Holland did that to Stuart after that game 7.

Ugh, I know I'm gonna sound like the bad guy after this so I apologize in advance.

He signed a 3 year deal which means he was going to be here for 3 years. He was 29 so he had to have had a young family either not in school or early in school (although something was said about a step-daughter wanting to be close to her dad? that shouldn't factor into this kind of decision....) So kid wise, it shouldn't have been a problem moving them.

Wife had a job or wanted to be close to family? Sorry, tough cookies. Your husband makes $3.5 million dollars a year. Suck it up. Make the sacrifice.

If one of those reasons was why they didn't move, I dunno that just seems selfish to me.

We are going to lose a solid top 4 D-man who has made his mark here, who loves this team, because his family won't move here. That really SUCKS!

Again, I may not have this right (at all), and I apologize again for sounding insensitive, but this sucks......

If memory serves me right, Stuie passed up a better offer from Calgary because he didn't want his step-daughter to have to go through customs alone when she went to visit her dad. Also, the reason for the NTC in part of his stay here was due to not wanting her to have to change schools part way through.

I'm guessing that the original plan was for his wife to come live here, but it didn't pan out. There could be all sorts of reasons- maybe his step-daughter's dad didn't allow it or there were other issues that were out of his hands. I don't know. It's just speculation.

I do know that when I read that about him, that I got a totally new respect for him. A man who puts his family first is a great man in my book.

Edited by 55fan

Yeah we can nix any possibilities of Beauchemin as any kind of viable option now, i'm not sure about 3.5 mil a season though. I'd be more comfortable around 2.5 for the kind of player he is and his age. A lot of his value is in his play not in his production. He's still managed a +1 this season regardless of Anaheim's horrible start, and hes quickly approaching 100 hits and 100 shots blocked.

TRADE HIS RIGHTS!!! Love stewie to death but this is a business decision. If he wants to play in Cali then trade. Get anything we can for him, picks whatever. Don't think he'll go to the sharks....Their D is pretty set after the Burns addition. It'll be Ducks/Kings....thinking Ducks most likeley....could use another defensive D-man.

Brad Stuart >>>>>>>>>>>>> Willie Mitchell

I'm not sure I agree. If he is it's not by a wide margin.

The biggest drawback with Mitchell is his health. But he plays a game similar to Stuart's and his honestly more physical in front of his own net. Plus he's got great reach with that Chara sized stick.

He's been great for LA this year. I don't know that they'd want to get rid of him unless it was a swap for Stuart. they need veteran presence and a stabilizing force and he's been both of those.

TRADE HIS RIGHTS!!! Love stewie to death but this is a business decision. If he wants to play in Cali then trade. Get anything we can for him, picks whatever. Don't think he'll go to the sharks....Their D is pretty set after the Burns addition. It'll be Ducks/Kings....thinking Ducks most likeley....could use another defensive D-man.

Yeah my sense is Anaheim too. But it's still three hours away from SJ.