• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

I' m going to miss Stuart :( ,but if we can get Willie Mitchell for him,I'm all for...

#42 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

Defenseman from California I'd like to get in return for Stuart:

Matt Greene
Willie Mitchell
Douglas Murray
Sheldon Brookbank
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#43 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

I don't like Douglas Murray. That dude is slower than s***, and it gets him on trouble a lot.

#44 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Defenseman from California I'd like to get in return for Stuart:

Matt Greene
Willie Mitchell
Douglas Murray
Sheldon Brookbank

thats why im saying get a package done for Bobby Ryan and Brookbank,...Stuart,Hudler picks/prospects....or something

#45 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

let's get honest for a while. with the trade deadline "prices" of recent years player like Stuart can land Wings a ton of high draft picks or quality prospects.
and I mean youngsters who are expected to become regular 2nd liners or 2nd pair D-men. so, yes, if Kenny has a good option, I definitely think it is at
least worth considering. it sure isn't the best thing to weaken our defense corps that aren't exactly league's best right now, but if there was a chance
of Nick coming back next season trading Stuart it's absolutely worth considering. with Howie in goal we have the luxury to go with weaker defense.

on the other hand - at this point Wings seem to be pretty deep with prospects and they're more likely to be shipping picks/youngsters for star players
not the other way around. and I certainly don't see them trading quality players with Sharks. maybe with Kings but that's still tough call. then I don't see
Ducks having decent D to trade for prospects. Beauchemin is OK, but it'd take something extra to trade Stuart for him... and since they're not a playoff
team right now, it's tough to imagine them being prone to milking at trade deadline ;)

#46 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

I don't like Douglas Murray. That dude is slower than s***, and it gets him on trouble a lot.

He's Swedish, he hits like a truck, he clears the crease.

What more do you want him to do?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#47 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

To Edmonton : Stuart, Cleary, Emmerton, Miller and a 2nd round pick

To Detroit : Hemsky, Gilbert and Jones

get it done Kenny!

:thumbup:
be about it!

#48 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

Back at the deadline in 2008, when the team acquired Stuart, I was one on here complaining about him being on the team. I could just see from his body language, that he didn't seem to excited about being in Detroit. The after party photos of the Cup celebrations that showed him, he was often by himself, and wasn't jumping around laughing/drunk and so on. I wasn't happy when the team signed him more long term.

But during the following season, I picked up on his more quiet natured personality. He is kind of a hard guy to read. But he has won that Cup, been on successful teams, and has gotten paid handsomely now for a few good contracts. Keep socking away that money Stuey! I am not mad at you. I just hope we can get something in return.

Tell you what Dan Boyle for Stuey and Erricson right now! Come on....
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#49 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

He's Swedish, he hits like a truck, he clears the crease.

What more do you want him to do?

Not Swedish enough :cool:
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#50 stevie for president

stevie for president

Red Blings

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

I wouldn't mind trading Stuart for a top 6 forward. Without him we have:

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Ericsson
Kindl-Commodore/Smith

I know most people would disagree with Ericsson being in the top 4, but he's certainly being paid like one so maybe thats what the wings believe his future will be.

If Anaheim still wants to move Bobby Ryan, I would give up Stuart and some combination of picks/prospects.

#51 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

let's get honest for a while. with the trade deadline "prices" of recent years player like Stuart can land Wings a ton of high draft picks or quality prospects.
and I mean youngsters who are expected to become regular 2nd liners or 2nd pair D-men. so, yes, if Kenny has a good option, I definitely think it is at
least worth considering. it sure isn't the best thing to weaken our defense corps that aren't exactly league's best right now, but if there was a chance
of Nick coming back next season trading Stuart it's absolutely worth considering. with Howie in goal we have the luxury to go with weaker defense.

Not sure what "prices" you mean. White for a 2nd. Brewer for a 3rd and a weak prospect. McCabe for a 3rd and weak prospect. Wideman for a 3rd and a weak prospect. Allen for Samsonov. Klesla for Lepisto and Upshall. Mark Stuart and Wheeler for Peverley and a crap defenseman...

We'd be unlikely to get more than the 2nd and 4th rounders we gave up for him.

#52 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

Not sure what "prices" you mean. White for a 2nd. Brewer for a 3rd and a weak prospect. McCabe for a 3rd and weak prospect. Wideman for a 3rd and a weak prospect. Allen for Samsonov. Klesla for Lepisto and Upshall. Mark Stuart and Wheeler for Peverley and a crap defenseman...

We'd be unlikely to get more than the 2nd and 4th rounders we gave up for him.

not so sure...

Kaberle = 1st round pick, conditional 2nd round pick, depth player (former 1st round pick)
Versteeg = 1st round pick, 3rd round pick
Mike Fisher = 1st round pick, conditional 2nd round pick
Kovalchuk = 1st round pick + 2 veteran regulars

Stuart is worth more than White, Brewer or Wideman and I'm not even going to bite on the old goat McCabe...
Wings can't expect to get for him same as Kaberle got, but Versteeg of Mike Fisher... if there's willing buyer
on the other end... ?

Stuart is no Lidstrom, but he's no slouch either. and most certainly a veteran with significant playoff experience...

Edited by akustyk, 18 January 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#53 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

We could get a lot for Stuart. I'd hate to see him leave, but if that's what he wants, he's contributed and done his part. There's nothing to criticize about wanting to go be with family. He's done everything we as fans asked of him. He'll be hard to replace, but I think it's obvious he is the highest trade value on the team right now. Package him with a role player or a pick and we could get a top 6 scorer. Then either call up Smith or trade for a mid-level defenseman. I don't much like counting on Ericsson-Kindl-Commodore going into the playoffs.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#54 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

We need Stuart for a cup run so trading him at the deadline would make little sense, unless it's for a comparable/better D-man.

Agreed. I still can't get over his bad pinches in Game 7 though.
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#55 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:53 AM

Agreed. I still can't get over his bad pinches in Game 7 though.

GMR had a great quote for that. I forget where it's from. Something like, "You've disappointed me, son..." Or something to that effect.

#56 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

GMR had a great quote for that. I forget where it's from. Something like, "You've disappointed me, son..." Or something to that effect.

Posted Image
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#57 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

I'd hate to see Stuart go but I guess I'd want to see him traded and possibly get something good for him rather than just lose him to FA and open up the cap-space. I imagine the team will look fairly different next season with a few new faces and some older ones going bye bye but it would be nice to keep as much of our core as possible to have a building block to go on to help us continue to contend for a Cup.

#58 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

Godfather Part II.

"You broke my heart, Fredo". "You broke my heart".

I hope Holland did that to Stuart after that game 7.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#59 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

Ugh, I know I'm gonna sound like the bad guy after this so I apologize in advance.

He signed a 3 year deal which means he was going to be here for 3 years. He was 29 so he had to have had a young family either not in school or early in school (although something was said about a step-daughter wanting to be close to her dad? that shouldn't factor into this kind of decision....) So kid wise, it shouldn't have been a problem moving them.

Wife had a job or wanted to be close to family? Sorry, tough cookies. Your husband makes $3.5 million dollars a year. Suck it up. Make the sacrifice.

If one of those reasons was why they didn't move, I dunno that just seems selfish to me.

We are going to lose a solid top 4 D-man who has made his mark here, who loves this team, because his family won't move here. That really SUCKS!

Again, I may not have this right (at all), and I apologize again for sounding insensitive, but this sucks......

#60 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

Brad Stuart >>>>>>>>>>>>> Willie Mitchell