• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

1/16 GDT : Sabres 0 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

That was unintended, but now that you mention it.... :D

Great cartoon nonetheless. I've always said that if someone was to look at Ozzie's stats and not know who it was they'd most likely say HOF.

I wonder if Miller is just burned out in Buffalo and needs a change of scenery. Sorry, stupid ipod touch keyboard is not cooperating.

Edited by TheXym

Great cartoon nonetheless. I've always said that if someone was to look at Ozzie's stats and not know who it was they'd most likely say HOF.

I wonder if Miller is just burned out in Buffalo and needs a change of scenery. Sorry, stupid ipod touch keyboard is not cooperating.

Buffalo just made some bad decisions this year. The Leino signing was a waste of money. Tyler Meyers hasn't had a good season since his rookie year. Stafford and Vanek are struggling. This team played better last year. They are tanking this year, and it goes far beyond the goaltending.

Last year, the Wings were not as good defensively and Howard was the scapegoat for allowing 2.79 GAA. This year, they pick up Ian White and have a new defensive game, and this year Howard is putting up solid numbers. I firmly believe that a goalie is only as good as the defensive in front of him.

I remember a couple years ago (before Howard) was a lot of yacking to try to get Ryan to sign with the Red Wings

Abby you should of got that one!!!

Miller is an elite goalie. This year he is an elite goalie on a crappy team. I don't care how good you are, but an elite goalie on a crappy team doesn't make a crappy team a playoff team. Look at Vokoun and Luongo as examples in Florida.

Buffalo just made some bad decisions this year. The Leino signing was a waste of money. Tyler Meyers hasn't had a good season since his rookie year. Stafford and Vanek are struggling. This team played better last year. They are tanking this year, and it goes far beyond the goaltending.

Last year, the Wings were not as good defensively and Howard was the scapegoat for allowing 2.79 GAA. This year, they pick up Ian White and have a new defensive game, and this year Howard is putting up solid numbers. I firmly believe that a goalie is only as good as the defensive in front of him.

The Leino signing was definitely a waste. The Wings' D this year seems rejuvenated, whether it's due to White or wanting to either win one for Nick or persuade him to stick around another year. I strongly agree that the defense in front of a goalie has a huge impact on his stats.

Franzen and Homer getting attacked in the crease and no whistle :hehe:

Well, part of the Homer Rule dictates the only way to get a penalty is to pull out a .357 Magnum and shoot him.

Besides, if you were the ref, would you really want to give Detroit another PP? I know the game should be called according to the rule book all the time, but sometimes you just have to look the other way.

Miller is an elite goalie. This year he is an elite goalie on a crappy team. I don't care how good you are, but an elite goalie on a crappy team doesn't make a crappy team a playoff team. Look at Vokoun and Luongo as examples in Florida.

Indeedo. You need to be a superhuman like Dominik Hasek in the 90's.

Edited by P. Marlowe

I wonder how he feels about how none of his teammates stood up the way they should have when he was run by Lucic.