• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

1/16 GDT : Sabres 0 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

What a win for the men in red and white!!! Congratulations on number 15.

Of course, congratulations all around, as they couldn't have done it without the LGW faithful.

Easily the worst player tonight was John Keating.

Will see everyone tomorrow for the Stars game.

Red Wing 'till I die.

THE CENTRAL DIVISION LOGJAM (updated)

Team GP W-L-OT P L10 STREAK

STL 45 27-12-6 60 6-2-2 WON 2

CHI 46 27-13-6 60 4-4-2 WON 1

DET 45 29-15-1 59 7-3-0 WON 3

NSH 45 26-15-4 56 8-2-0 WON 5

1/16

NSH @ NYI 3-1

BUF @ DET 0-5

DAL @ STL 0-1

137241474_slide.jpg

4-0 (Bertuzzi)

137241470_slide.jpg

5-0 (Helm)

Edited by P. Marlowe

Well this was a good game...I've now made a decision on what jersey I'll buy, been undecided for few years, 40 or 13 ??!! Well, it has to be 13 (Pavel's). I think we will always remember 13 for many years to come. I have a "19" that I've never worn, it's in a frame.

(I think I'll wear Steve's to a Tampa Bay home game next winter in Florida....hopefully)

Guest Crymson

What a humiliating night for Ryan Miller. He got yanked in front of his friends and family, and he was lit up by his brother's team.

Indeedo. You need to be a superhuman like Dominik Hasek in the 90's.

The Buffalo teams back then were much better than the Luongo and Vokoun Florida teams or even the Buffalo team this year. Hasek carried those Buffalo teams the same way he carried the Red Wings teams.....he didn't.

Wow, only 9 pages for the gdt. Nobody has anything to say when all is going well I guess. :hehe:

True story.

Wings dominated tonight and it was good to see at home. I hope to see a road win tomorrow.

Got to go to this game AND meet (and get photo) with Terrible Ted Lindsay. Amazing night, great win to cap it off. I was really shocked to see how high Buffalos' shot totals were. Other than their power plays it didn't seem like they had much going for them tonight. Howard had to make a few great saves, but only three or four, whereas the Wings were just buzzing around Buffalo's net for the first half of the game. Felt bad for chasing Ryan Miller, especially with how loud the cheers were when he was pulled off the ice. I wasn't aware he was a popular hate figure in Detroit, but I guess it's all part of getting into Buffalo's collective head.

Edited by VM1138

Anybody see Ville Leino tonight? :P

Yeah, I saw him . . . in the box, all night long!

I was at the game, and it seems like most of the GDTers were too. (Nine pages?) Got to see the first three goals up close, real beauties. Sad that Miller got pulled in the second, but it was a tough game for the Sabres. They had jump in the first half of the 1st, but they slowly started to lose it after the first goal and definitely after the 2nd and 3rd coming late in the period.

Way to go Wings on the 15th win, Pavel's 700th point, and Jimmy's shutout!

The Buffalo teams back then were much better than the Luongo and Vokoun Florida teams or even the Buffalo team this year. Hasek carried those Buffalo teams the same way he carried the Red Wings teams.....he didn't.

I dunno about that - top forward was Satan scoring about 50 pts and top defenseman Alexei Zhitnik.