1/16
NSH @ NYI 3-1
BUF @ DET 0-5
DAL @ STL 0-1

Posted Image

4-0 (Bertuzzi)

Posted Image

5-0 (Helm)

Edited by P. Marlowe, 16 January 2012 - 10:42 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#162 zztop40

zztop40

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Well this was a good game...I've now made a decision on what jersey I'll buy, been undecided for few years, 40 or 13 ??!! Well, it has to be 13 (Pavel's). I think we will always remember 13 for many years to come. I have a "19" that I've never worn, it's in a frame.
(I think I'll wear Steve's to a Tampa Bay home game next winter in Florida....hopefully)

#163 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

Was Ericsson on the PP near the end? Would've been priceless if he was

bringit.jpg

#164 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

ya

#165 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

What's so funny about it? In the end of blow-out games Babcock gives PP time to players who don't usually get it. Emmerton, Abdelkader, Kindl and co. were there too.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#166 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Holmstrom was epicly forechecking there on our last PP lol

#167 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 766 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

Rager. Enjoying the way the squad is playing right now.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#168 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

3-0 (Lidström)

-- Mitch Albom

#169 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

What a humiliating night for Ryan Miller. He got yanked in front of his friends and family, and he was lit up by his brother's team.

#170 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

Wow, only 9 pages for the gdt. Nobody has anything to say when all is going well I guess. :hehe:

#171 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

Indeedo. You need to be a superhuman like Dominik Hasek in the 90's.

The Buffalo teams back then were much better than the Luongo and Vokoun Florida teams or even the Buffalo team this year. Hasek carried those Buffalo teams the same way he carried the Red Wings teams.....he didn't.

Wow, only 9 pages for the gdt. Nobody has anything to say when all is going well I guess. :hehe:

True story.

Wings dominated tonight and it was good to see at home. I hope to see a road win tomorrow.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#172 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

Got to go to this game AND meet (and get photo) with Terrible Ted Lindsay. Amazing night, great win to cap it off. I was really shocked to see how high Buffalos' shot totals were. Other than their power plays it didn't seem like they had much going for them tonight. Howard had to make a few great saves, but only three or four, whereas the Wings were just buzzing around Buffalo's net for the first half of the game. Felt bad for chasing Ryan Miller, especially with how loud the cheers were when he was pulled off the ice. I wasn't aware he was a popular hate figure in Detroit, but I guess it's all part of getting into Buffalo's collective head.

Edited by VM1138, 17 January 2012 - 01:26 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#173 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:15 AM

Anybody see Ville Leino tonight? :P

#174 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

Anybody see Ville Leino tonight? :P

Yeah, I saw him . . . in the box, all night long!

I was at the game, and it seems like most of the GDTers were too. (Nine pages?) Got to see the first three goals up close, real beauties. Sad that Miller got pulled in the second, but it was a tough game for the Sabres. They had jump in the first half of the 1st, but they slowly started to lose it after the first goal and definitely after the 2nd and 3rd coming late in the period.

Way to go Wings on the 15th win, Pavel's 700th point, and Jimmy's shutout!

#175 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

The Buffalo teams back then were much better than the Luongo and Vokoun Florida teams or even the Buffalo team this year. Hasek carried those Buffalo teams the same way he carried the Red Wings teams.....he didn't.

I dunno about that - top forward was Satan scoring about 50 pts and top defenseman Alexei Zhitnik.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#176 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

Ask the average Sabres fan from those days if they agree with you. They won't. Also, go look up those Sabres teams on hockeydb. They were crap.