• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Why don't we have a "JIM-MY JIM-MY!" chant yet?!

Rate this topic

Heard that one and a few others tonight at the game. I was thinking that to myself, too, that we need to get a standard chant going. There was some "How-ward" and some "Jim-my How-ard" and some "Let's go Howard" but I think we need something other than a new play on the Ozzie chant. He's really become a fan favorite, the crowd absolutely loved him tonight.

He doesn't get a "Howie Howie" chant until he beats up an insufferable, arrogant goalie at center ice as his former roommie avenges his bff's broken face.

Until then, "Jimmy, Jimmy" or "Jimmy Howard" or "James Russel Howard III" (if we can get a good clapping rhythm going) is certainly merited. His play has been fantabulous.

I've heard the 'JIMMY' and 'HOWIE' chants going at the Joe last year. I'm a horrible fan this year, and haven't been to a game yet, so I'm not sure what the kids are saying now.

I think either chant is fine, and both will pump him up.

He doesn't get a "Howie Howie" chant until he beats up an insufferable, arrogant goalie at center ice as his former roommie avenges his bff's broken face.

Until then, "Jimmy, Jimmy" or "Jimmy Howard" or "James Russel Howard III" (if we can get a good clapping rhythm going) is certainly merited. His play has been fantabulous.

He does get some credit towards this status by whooping on the poster child...doesn't he?

He does get some credit towards this status by whooping on the poster child...doesn't he?

Oh, certainly. No doubt about it. He gets credit.

You know, just now it hit me that I was wrong above. Ozzie wasn't fighting Roy as Mac was beating Turtle. Vernon was. Ozzie was a year later.

So now that we've got that straightened out, I think we just need to get everyone on the same page as what to yell. And we need Jimmy to get into one of those mad goalie fights. All we need now is a serious enemy...