• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

subban being shopped

Rate this topic

Welcome to LGW.

Silly idea.

Subban is a loose cannon and not Wings material.

The first time he started a scrimmage fight with one of our players his ass would be dealt anyway.

That said, no team is stupid enough to take our bottow rung players for a possible top d-man and a veteren.

A deal for Subban would include a 1st and a prospect d-man that has equal potential.

A deal for Moen could be done, but given what we would have to give up, there are atleast 10 better choices around the league.

Short answer is no.

can somebody summarize some of the negative incidents associated with this kid? i tried via google, but most people just said "i hate him" but not why.

he got into a fight with tomas plekanec at practice which i think is normal when a team is losing like montreal was , if you lose a ton of games and everyones happy then your team has problems ....he takes some chances offensively that has cost some goals which could be helped here, id say alot of players from other teams dont like him cause he's cocky... all these things could be corrected , i know montreal fans are upset at these rumors and don't want him traded

Nobody could tell me he wouldnt be better over here, lidstrom and our other veterans would teach him how he should act and he'd have mike babcock who would hold him accountable... the kid has alot of talent and at the end of the day the habs would be stupid to trade him , all i know is they are actively shopping him

Okay...

He apparently has maturity issues (or so we hear - whatever that's worth)...Either way Subban has a plethora of talent, and would be a top 4 Dman on the Wings (if not a top 2 within a few short years)...It would cost the Wings some talent in return...I for one like thie guy, but will Holland give up prospects, and/or draft picks to get him.....Me thinks not.

i wouldn't trade brendan smith but id be willing to give up kindl to start , so basically we trade defensemen and after that id be willing to throw in a pick and/or maybe something like emmerton and tatar/tverdon or pulkkinen , i think the wings have alot of depth up front and could afford to do such a trade , we got mursak coming back along with the above mentioned forwards ... sheahan,jurco,nyqvist,jarnkrok and andersson ... sooner or later there will be some trades , might as well try and get a young stud defensemen if we could land one since our defensive prospects aren't as good

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Guest Crymson

i think montreal is nuts and id deal for him in a second , montreal isnt rebuilding the gm says so i was thinking maybe cleary in a package deal but he's got a no trade clause i believe so what about ummm ...

pk subban and travis moen

for

jakub kindl , patrick eaves and cory emmerton

I can't even imagine the riots that would occur in Montreal were the organization dumb enough to make that trade.

Brad Stuart straight up?

The guy possibly wants to play for a west-coast team. Why would they want him when he would almost certainly not stay?

he got into a fight with tomas plekanec at practice which i think is normal when a team is losing like montreal was

I stopped reading here, because this is one of the most senseless claims I've read in a long time.

I stopped reading here, because this is one of the most senseless claims I've read in a long time.

huh???? he did get into a fight with him at practice , it was all over the news around here ... and i think its normal for teammates to get into arguments and possibly fight if they get into a long stretch of losses , nobody likes to lose

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1109455--teammates-subban-plekanec-fight-at-struggling-canadiens-practice

Guest Crymson

huh???? he did get into a fight with him at practice , it was all over the news around here ... and i think its normal for teammates to get into arguments and possibly fight if they get into a long stretch of losses , nobody likes to lose

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1109455--teammates-subban-plekanec-fight-at-struggling-canadiens-practice

Getting into a fight with a teammate is neither normal nor professional nor excusable.

Okay...

He apparently has maturity issues (or so we hear - whatever that's worth)...Either way Subban has a plethora of talent, and would be a top 4 Dman on the Wings (if not a top 2 within a few short years)...It would cost the Wings some talent in return...I for one like thie guy, but will Holland give up prospects, and/or draft picks to get him.....Me thinks not.

You and I already talked about this. We're getting his brother in a few years, who PK thinks will be better than him. :cool:

A young player with maturity issues still has time to grow. Is PK gregarious? Absolutely. Is it too much at times? Of course.

But I don't think he's such a head case that the Wings wouldn't even think about acquiring him if he were available.

I don't like Subban, but if he were to stick to playing hockey, he is a decent player.

To Detroit:

P.K. Subban

Travis Moen

To Montreal:

Jakub Kindl

Cory Emmerton

Pick

I'd do this. Except a better prospects than Emmerton would probably need to be included.

Getting into a fight with a teammate is neither normal nor professional nor excusable.

not saying its professional or excusable but i think it is normal for arguments and fights to break out in practice when a team goes through a losing streak , its hockey not ballet .... the subban plekanec fight wasnt the first time a fight breaks out at practice ... id be more worried if a team went through a long losing streak and didnt argue with eachother , would show they didnt care

primeau/probert fight

dubinsky and boyle fight .... didnt seem to hurt the rangers , there stil together and one of the top teams ..... fights just happen between teammates sometimes<br><br><br>

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Look, people, I admire you thinking he can be reformed. Maybe he can. But you take chances on trouble makers through free agency. You don't give up valuable roster players or picks for a guy who has a greater than 50% chance of hurting the team.

not saying its professional or excusable but i think it is normal for arguments and fights to break out in practice when a team goes through a losing streak , its hockey not ballet .... the subban plekanec fight wasnt the first time a fight breaks out at practice ... id be more worried if a team went through a long losing streak and didnt argue with eachother , would show they didnt care

primeau/probert fight

dubinsky and boyle fight .... didnt seem to hurt the rangers , there stil together and one of the top teams ..... fights just happen between teammates sometimes<br><br><br>

The Primeau Probert fight is a bad example for your argument.

I'm a huge fan, but Probert was a massive distraction with his substance abuse problems that spilled over into the locker room at times. And Primeau was a whiny underachiever for much of his time in Detroit.

I haven't seen a Subban play a lot, but he seems talented and extremely immature. If Montreal really is shopping a promising 22 year old defenseman who's an RFA instead of working to sign him, I'd have to wonder exactly how big his issues are affecting the team.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

dubinsky and boyle fight .... didnt seem to hurt the rangers , there stil together and one of the top teams ..... fights just happen between teammates sometimes

Some people criticized Brendan Smith because apparently he had similar fights with teammates during practice while at Wisconsin. It's supposedly part of the reason he got healthy scratched and benched at times.

Gauthier.jpg

Exhibit "A".

Nobody has mentioned the "spitting incident"? Interesting.

hahaha yup pierre gauthier is the reason why the habs are struggling , halak drove them to the east finals a few years ago and instead of shopping him , they traded him to the blues right away for a 3rd liner ... now cammalleri for some average player who although is cheaper is locked up till 2016, i think subban is far from the reason the habs are losing .... as for subban's spitting incident he denied it , the player said he didnt get spit on, nhl dismissed the case

i think montreal is nuts and id deal for him in a second , montreal isnt rebuilding the gm says so i was thinking maybe cleary in a package deal but he's got a no trade clause i believe so what about ummm ...

pk subban and travis moen

for

jakub kindl , patrick eaves and cory emmerton

travis moen could replace eaves , he did really well in anaheim and babcock was his coach , i think hed be awesome here and he's gritty and hits and is perfect for the playoffs ( im sure he'd resign if we wanted him back ) subban is a big upgrade on kindl id say and as for emmerton he probably wouldnt even be in the lineup when the injuries return, wings are stacked up front for depth .... mursak,nyqvist,conner,brunnstrom so we should be fine

so ....would you trade for subban???

Cleary's NTC expires 30 days prior to Feb. 27th 2012. That being said, he is too valuable with Helm right now. So no to Cleary.

I think Montreal would be dumb to accept the other trade, although I would love to have Moen here, I wouldn't want to lose Eaves and Emmerton for him. Subban is a splash in the pan, I wouldn't trade Hudler for him. There are more important things to address with this team than blue line scoring.

I was mentioning this to my cousin and she was telling me that on RDS after the Cammalleri trade they were saying that the Canadiens would probably try to trade Subban as well as they wouldn't be able to afford both him and Price.