• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

subban being shopped

Rate this topic

I haven't seen a Subban play a lot, but he seems talented and extremely immature. If Montreal really is shopping a promising 22 year old defenseman who's an RFA instead of working to sign him, I'd have to wonder exactly how big his issues are affecting the team.

if this wasn't Montreal these would exactly be my thoughts. but Habs are a mess and I can't blame the situation 100% on Subban. it doesn't mean that I'd like him on Wings anyway,

but it's tough to blame him for all the tension in Canadiens locker

Who was the last Wings player that happened to be a disruption in the locker room and a malcontent? I think people are being overly cautious on this.

He's a young, right handed defenseman, who has played well in the past and can be a staple of a team's blueline.

He does have some growing up to do, but Montreal would make a mistake by giving up on him so early.

at the end of the day we dont need Subban. The Wings will need a high end blueliner soon and Subban isnt the

type of player they want. We have enough depth to cover 3-6 coming thru, and maybe Smith could become a top 2

given time. But to fill a top 2 now, we need to go shopping and the guys wholl be available are better options

than what Subban is.

Guest Crymson

Who was the last Wings player that happened to be a disruption in the locker room and a malcontent?

I don't remember. And this is probably because it's been a long time. And this, in turn, is probably because Holland deliberately avoids signing these people and deals players who exhibit a bad attitude. And this, in turn, is probably a big reason why the Wings` locker room has been harmonious for a long time.

pk subban and travis moen

for

jakub kindl , patrick eaves and cory emmerton

Wow... if Montreal took that deal there would be rioting in the streets.

Put it this way: when a team is shopping a kid with his talent, production as a rookie and age there's something very wrong

Funny thing is, as much as you tried to be funny here, you are right! There is only one thing worse than a soft European blueliner, that is a soft N/A blueliner....seriously.

doesnt look too soft , some of hits remind me of kronwall .... but no i dont think montreal will end up trading subban at the end of the day ... the fans would go nuts

Wow... if Montreal took that deal there would be rioting in the streets.

Put it this way: when a team is shopping a kid with his talent, production as a rookie and age there's something very wrong

normally id agree with you but this is montreal ... the whole teams messed up starting with the management

Here's a vid of it.

I found a better angle.

slewfooting a guy as you're both headed to the boards is especially dangerous. Kunitz is lucky he didn't break an ankle.

No thanks on Subban.

I'm not sure what's wrong with this guy. If you look it up, this is 1 of about 4 or 5 other slew footing incidents by him.

@NHLShanahan PK Subban is a repeat offender that has repeatedly gotten the benefit of the doubt. What do you have against disciplining him?
@LunchBox_LB Subban finds ways to avoid suspensions. Your description is accurate. Among most arrongant athletes I've ever dealt with.

Just in case anyone is wondering, the second twitter quote WAS NOT a response to Lunchbox to his question to Shanahan, it was a response from some beat writer.

Guest Crymson

There's not a chance that Holland will want this guy unless it's as part of a three-way deal that flips Subban to another team.

Guest Crymson

Why not, be a great pick up for the team.

This is true... provided that we're playing NHL 12 and have nothing to consider besides his abilities on the ice.

How legit is this? It could be cool getting subban.. And the possible trades being talked about.. Ex. Something with Ericsson and a prospect/younger forward involved might make Montreal consider it.. If anything it's interesting, I wouldn't be upset if we got subban

slewfooting a guy as you're both headed to the boards is especially dangerous. Kunitz is lucky he didn't break an ankle.

to be fair in this situation, you can't with 100% certainty say from this video replay that there was a slewfoot not an embellishment

from Kunitz. that's a far shot and I'm absolutely not going to defend Subban - Kunitz isn't saint, but in terms of reputation I've much

more belief in his fair play than Subban's.

I'd like to have him, if the price wasn't too steep. But he is certainly not a player Detroit absolutely needs. I'd love to see New Jersey fall out, then maybe they would listen to trade inquiries for David Clarkson? <b>HE</b> is what Detroit needs.

Edited by Hairy Lime

To be fair-- it was Kunitz. I saw that guy stab a puppy in the face just for kicks.

I saw that stabbing as well. He breaks kitten necks just for something to do when hes board. What a guy.

From Montreal Gazette:

Canadiens assistant coach Randy Ladouceur made it clear that he wasn’t happy with defenceman P.K. Subban’s performance during Tuesday’s practice in Brossard.

“You’ve been out here for 40 minutes, wake the f*** up,” bellowed Ladouceur.

And, he had well-rested view during the second period of last night's debacle.