• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

no way would i trade away brendan smith, we need some youth back there incase lidstrom and stuart leave , besides smith there's ot much depth in the d position , id replace kindl for subban and throw in extra if possible and i dont know why people are still mentioning ericsson i think hes done alright this season he's never gonna get 40+ pts .....and as for subban having problems , the kid likes to have fun the whole montreal media is uptght , besides what better team to teach subban the ropes???<br>

Sorry, but I can't understand what you are trying to say. Did you go to school?
Do or do not. There is no try

#22 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Yeah Jesse Spector just told me that they would only trade Subban if they "completely loose their marbles." So nothing imminent but doubt he will go to the Wings if he is traded.

#23 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

No thanks. But I do find it amusing how many posters from lgw, like to dream of receiving a flashy/talented or big game type of player. And in return the other team gets the multiple players some internet folk, feel like they could live with out! Get real already, it's a business not a game!
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#24 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

I would take him, there is no way he would act the same here.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#25 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

No thanks. But I do find it amusing how many posters from lgw, like to dream of receiving a flashy/talented or big game type of player. And in return the other team gets the multiple players some internet folk, feel like they could live with out! Get real already, it's a business not a game!

im sure the rangers and carolina thought the same thing when they traded gomez and kaberle to montreal when there were 0 takers but it happened . And i wouldnt say kindl is as good as subban but he doesn't suck either . Would kindl,tatar and a 1st be more realistic in your eyes?

I would take him, there is no way he would act the same here.

exactly ... no way he would act the same here with all the leaders on our team

#26 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

I don't get it. What, doesn't he speak French well enough?

#27 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Welcome to LGW.
Silly idea.
Subban is a loose cannon and not Wings material.
The first time he started a scrimmage fight with one of our players his ass would be dealt anyway.
That said, no team is stupid enough to take our bottow rung players for a possible top d-man and a veteren.

A deal for Subban would include a 1st and a prospect d-man that has equal potential.
A deal for Moen could be done, but given what we would have to give up, there are atleast 10 better choices around the league.

Short answer is no.

#28 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

There has to be better options then picking up Montreal's problems.

#29 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

can somebody summarize some of the negative incidents associated with this kid? i tried via google, but most people just said "i hate him" but not why.
Posted Image

#30 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,529 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Okay...

He apparently has maturity issues (or so we hear - whatever that's worth)...Either way Subban has a plethora of talent, and would be a top 4 Dman on the Wings (if not a top 2 within a few short years)...It would cost the Wings some talent in return...I for one like thie guy, but will Holland give up prospects, and/or draft picks to get him.....Me thinks not.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#31 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

can somebody summarize some of the negative incidents associated with this kid? i tried via google, but most people just said "i hate him" but not why.

he got into a fight with tomas plekanec at practice which i think is normal when a team is losing like montreal was , if you lose a ton of games and everyones happy then your team has problems ....he takes some chances offensively that has cost some goals which could be helped here, id say alot of players from other teams dont like him cause he's cocky... all these things could be corrected , i know montreal fans are upset at these rumors and don't want him traded

Nobody could tell me he wouldnt be better over here, lidstrom and our other veterans would teach him how he should act and he'd have mike babcock who would hold him accountable... the kid has alot of talent and at the end of the day the habs would be stupid to trade him , all i know is they are actively shopping him

#32 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Okay...

He apparently has maturity issues (or so we hear - whatever that's worth)...Either way Subban has a plethora of talent, and would be a top 4 Dman on the Wings (if not a top 2 within a few short years)...It would cost the Wings some talent in return...I for one like thie guy, but will Holland give up prospects, and/or draft picks to get him.....Me thinks not.

i wouldn't trade brendan smith but id be willing to give up kindl to start , so basically we trade defensemen and after that id be willing to throw in a pick and/or maybe something like emmerton and tatar/tverdon or pulkkinen , i think the wings have alot of depth up front and could afford to do such a trade , we got mursak coming back along with the above mentioned forwards ... sheahan,jurco,nyqvist,jarnkrok and andersson ... sooner or later there will be some trades , might as well try and get a young stud defensemen if we could land one since our defensive prospects aren't as good

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 17 January 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#33 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

id give kindl and commodore for him. but they would probably want stuart or ericsson

i would also want moen...

#34 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

i think montreal is nuts and id deal for him in a second , montreal isnt rebuilding the gm says so i was thinking maybe cleary in a package deal but he's got a no trade clause i believe so what about ummm ...

pk subban and travis moen

for

jakub kindl , patrick eaves and cory emmerton

I can't even imagine the riots that would occur in Montreal were the organization dumb enough to make that trade.

Brad Stuart straight up?

The guy possibly wants to play for a west-coast team. Why would they want him when he would almost certainly not stay?

he got into a fight with tomas plekanec at practice which i think is normal when a team is losing like montreal was

I stopped reading here, because this is one of the most senseless claims I've read in a long time.

#35 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

I stopped reading here, because this is one of the most senseless claims I've read in a long time.

huh???? he did get into a fight with him at practice , it was all over the news around here ... and i think its normal for teammates to get into arguments and possibly fight if they get into a long stretch of losses , nobody likes to lose

http://www.thestar.c...adiens-practice

#36 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

id give kindl and commodore for him. but they would probably want stuart or ericsson

i would also want moen...

I would gladly do that trade if I were Holland.

#37 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

Isn't Subban the whole reason Montreal's locker room is a mess? No thanks.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#38 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

huh???? he did get into a fight with him at practice , it was all over the news around here ... and i think its normal for teammates to get into arguments and possibly fight if they get into a long stretch of losses , nobody likes to lose

http://www.thestar.c...adiens-practice

Getting into a fight with a teammate is neither normal nor professional nor excusable.

#39 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

Okay...

You and I already talked about this. We're getting his brother in a few years, who PK thinks will be better than him. :cool:

A young player with maturity issues still has time to grow. Is PK gregarious? Absolutely. Is it too much at times? Of course.

But I don't think he's such a head case that the Wings wouldn't even think about acquiring him if he were available.

#40 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

His attitude reminds me too much of Sean Avery. Thanks, but no thanks.
Posted Image