• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

I don't like Subban, but if he were to stick to playing hockey, he is a decent player.

To Detroit:

P.K. Subban
Travis Moen

To Montreal:

Jakub Kindl
Cory Emmerton
Pick

I'd do this. Except a better prospects than Emmerton would probably need to be included.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#42 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

Getting into a fight with a teammate is neither normal nor professional nor excusable.

not saying its professional or excusable but i think it is normal for arguments and fights to break out in practice when a team goes through a losing streak , its hockey not ballet .... the subban plekanec fight wasnt the first time a fight breaks out at practice ... id be more worried if a team went through a long losing streak and didnt argue with eachother , would show they didnt care

primeau/probert fight

dubinsky and boyle fight .... didnt seem to hurt the rangers , there stil together and one of the top teams ..... fights just happen between teammates sometimes<br><br><br>

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 18 January 2012 - 11:21 AM.

#43 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

Look, people, I admire you thinking he can be reformed. Maybe he can. But you take chances on trouble makers through free agency. You don't give up valuable roster players or picks for a guy who has a greater than 50% chance of hurting the team.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#44 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

no, we dont need anymore soft N/A on the blueline. :D
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#45 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

not saying its professional or excusable but i think it is normal for arguments and fights to break out in practice when a team goes through a losing streak , its hockey not ballet .... the subban plekanec fight wasnt the first time a fight breaks out at practice ... id be more worried if a team went through a long losing streak and didnt argue with eachother , would show they didnt care

primeau/probert fight

dubinsky and boyle fight .... didnt seem to hurt the rangers , there stil together and one of the top teams ..... fights just happen between teammates sometimes<br><br><br>

The Primeau Probert fight is a bad example for your argument.

I'm a huge fan, but Probert was a massive distraction with his substance abuse problems that spilled over into the locker room at times. And Primeau was a whiny underachiever for much of his time in Detroit.

I haven't seen a Subban play a lot, but he seems talented and extremely immature. If Montreal really is shopping a promising 22 year old defenseman who's an RFA instead of working to sign him, I'd have to wonder exactly how big his issues are affecting the team.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 18 January 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#46 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

dubinsky and boyle fight .... didnt seem to hurt the rangers , there stil together and one of the top teams ..... fights just happen between teammates sometimes

Some people criticized Brendan Smith because apparently he had similar fights with teammates during practice while at Wisconsin. It's supposedly part of the reason he got healthy scratched and benched at times.

#47 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

Isn't Subban the whole reason Montreal's locker room is a mess? No thanks.

Posted Image

Exhibit "A".

Nobody has mentioned the "spitting incident"? Interesting.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#48 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Posted Image

Exhibit "A".

Nobody has mentioned the "spitting incident"? Interesting.

hahaha yup pierre gauthier is the reason why the habs are struggling , halak drove them to the east finals a few years ago and instead of shopping him , they traded him to the blues right away for a 3rd liner ... now cammalleri for some average player who although is cheaper is locked up till 2016, i think subban is far from the reason the habs are losing .... as for subban's spitting incident he denied it , the player said he didnt get spit on, nhl dismissed the case

#49 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

Posted Image

#50 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

i think montreal is nuts and id deal for him in a second , montreal isnt rebuilding the gm says so i was thinking maybe cleary in a package deal but he's got a no trade clause i believe so what about ummm ...

pk subban and travis moen

for

jakub kindl , patrick eaves and cory emmerton

travis moen could replace eaves , he did really well in anaheim and babcock was his coach , i think hed be awesome here and he's gritty and hits and is perfect for the playoffs ( im sure he'd resign if we wanted him back ) subban is a big upgrade on kindl id say and as for emmerton he probably wouldnt even be in the lineup when the injuries return, wings are stacked up front for depth .... mursak,nyqvist,conner,brunnstrom so we should be fine

so ....would you trade for subban???

Cleary's NTC expires 30 days prior to Feb. 27th 2012. That being said, he is too valuable with Helm right now. So no to Cleary.

I think Montreal would be dumb to accept the other trade, although I would love to have Moen here, I wouldn't want to lose Eaves and Emmerton for him. Subban is a splash in the pan, I wouldn't trade Hudler for him. There are more important things to address with this team than blue line scoring.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#51 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

I was mentioning this to my cousin and she was telling me that on RDS after the Cammalleri trade they were saying that the Canadiens would probably try to trade Subban as well as they wouldn't be able to afford both him and Price.

#52 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

I haven't seen a Subban play a lot, but he seems talented and extremely immature. If Montreal really is shopping a promising 22 year old defenseman who's an RFA instead of working to sign him, I'd have to wonder exactly how big his issues are affecting the team.

if this wasn't Montreal these would exactly be my thoughts. but Habs are a mess and I can't blame the situation 100% on Subban. it doesn't mean that I'd like him on Wings anyway,
but it's tough to blame him for all the tension in Canadiens locker

#53 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

no, we dont need anymore soft N/A on the blueline. :D

Funny thing is, as much as you tried to be funny here, you are right! There is only one thing worse than a soft European blueliner, that is a soft N/A blueliner....seriously.

Edited by LeftWinger, 18 January 2012 - 04:57 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#54 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Who was the last Wings player that happened to be a disruption in the locker room and a malcontent? I think people are being overly cautious on this.

He's a young, right handed defenseman, who has played well in the past and can be a staple of a team's blueline.

He does have some growing up to do, but Montreal would make a mistake by giving up on him so early.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#55 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

at the end of the day we dont need Subban. The Wings will need a high end blueliner soon and Subban isnt the
type of player they want. We have enough depth to cover 3-6 coming thru, and maybe Smith could become a top 2
given time. But to fill a top 2 now, we need to go shopping and the guys wholl be available are better options
than what Subban is.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#56 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hahaha Montreal is awful this year. Firesale to be announced soon...

#57 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

Who was the last Wings player that happened to be a disruption in the locker room and a malcontent?

I don't remember. And this is probably because it's been a long time. And this, in turn, is probably because Holland deliberately avoids signing these people and deals players who exhibit a bad attitude. And this, in turn, is probably a big reason why the Wings` locker room has been harmonious for a long time.

#58 Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Avery was probably the last locker room disruption.

#59 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

pk subban and travis moen

for

jakub kindl , patrick eaves and cory emmerton

Wow... if Montreal took that deal there would be rioting in the streets.

Put it this way: when a team is shopping a kid with his talent, production as a rookie and age there's something very wrong
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#60 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Funny thing is, as much as you tried to be funny here, you are right! There is only one thing worse than a soft European blueliner, that is a soft N/A blueliner....seriously.

doesnt look too soft , some of hits remind me of kronwall .... but no i dont think montreal will end up trading subban at the end of the day ... the fans would go nuts

Wow... if Montreal took that deal there would be rioting in the streets.

Put it this way: when a team is shopping a kid with his talent, production as a rookie and age there's something very wrong

normally id agree with you but this is montreal ... the whole teams messed up starting with the management