12 replies to this topic

#1 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

Very crafty move. edit: found out how to embed

Edited by Danielsm, 17 January 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#2 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

Ugh, that's gross. Seems pretty likely that it would fail on most occasions though. I'd be interested to see someone get an opportunity to try it, though. Even better if it's Dats.

Posted Image

#3 Sprsquirt7

Sprsquirt7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Fairly old goal, but that's in a really crappy Turkish league or something. Not saying the goal isn't ridiculous but I don't see that happening at a high level of hockey with good competition.

#4 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Hopefully someone from the Wings knows about this forum and shows him, would be awesome to see him do it.<br><br>edit: during a shoot-out of course, unless Datsyuk can get far enough away to try it<br>

Edited by Danielsm, 17 January 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#5 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

Fairly old goal, but that's in a really crappy Turkish league or something. Not saying the goal isn't ridiculous but I don't see that happening at a high level of hockey with good competition.

pretty impressive that he did that on the fly, however.
Posted Image

#6 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

Actually it was at the division IIB worlds, Israel vs. Greece, the guy who scored that goal is from Quebec and played in the QMJHL, but his parents are Israeli so he holds dual citizenship or something. Anyway, not disputing your point, I agree that it would be very difficult to even attempt that move in any decent level of competition.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#7 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

edit

Edited by jollymania, 17 January 2012 - 09:10 PM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#8 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

Israel has a hockey team? You learn something knew every day. Someone needs to send Datsyuk a link to that video. I bet he'll master it.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#9 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

I've seen it before, pretty sure it was the same kid (name sounds familiar). If I remember correctly someone tried something similar at the all-star competition last year. Hopefully, Pav will try it there. I bet he could pull it off.

#10 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

Pasha probably saw this video, put it in the realistic approach that you would fail upon trying must attempts therefore, the percentage of accomplishing the move while producing is very low compared to the trouble of trying it. Fun move to try in warm ups or a shoot out, but has no place within a play. Requires too much time and space. Awesome video though, i've never seen it!

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#11 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

This doesn't even look real. What the heck is wrong with those defensemen?? Their legs are made of iron. I've never seen players give up like that before.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#12 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

I've seen it before, pretty sure it was the same kid (name sounds familiar). If I remember correctly someone tried something similar at the all-star competition last year. Hopefully, Pav will try it there. I bet he could pull it off.

Probably the same video, it's from this past summer. I remember seeing a similar goal from Sherbatov so that's my conclusion.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#13 kozac

kozac

another soft russian

• PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

That #7 on D is probably from a "C" level beer league

Sick goal though, I hope Datsyuk does try it and in a game too!

Edited by kozac, 19 January 2012 - 12:19 PM.