• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Taylor Hall cut by skate over eye

Rate this topic

Mandate cages. All injuries lessen.

I just don't want the league to make it mandatory to put a helmet on the second you step on the ice for warm-ups. That would be a little ridiculous, in my opinion

If hockey was invented tomorrow, everyone would wear face cages, all of the time. The historical macho BS that affects the game causes easily preventable injuries like this to occur. I tell you one thing, I bet he never goes out for warm up without his helmet again. Just like Lidstrom, Draper, Yzerman and co never went without a visor after their injuries.....

If hockey was invented tomorrow, everyone would wear face cages, all of the time. The historical macho BS that affects the game causes easily preventable injuries like this to occur. I tell you one thing, I bet he never goes out for warm up without his helmet again. Just like Lidstrom, Draper, Yzerman and co never went without a visor after their injuries.....

It should be a player's choice to wear one or not. Hall knew the risk he was taking by warming up without one on. Every player that doesn't wear a visor knows there is a small chance he could get clipped, etc. It's the risk you take. Let the players make up their own minds, even if their decision is not popular.

Other than a difference in minor facial injuries, what evidence do you have that cages are safer than visors?

It should be a player's choice to wear one or not. Hall knew the risk he was taking by warming up without one on. Every player that doesn't wear a visor knows there is a small chance he could get clipped, etc. It's the risk you take. Let the players make up their own minds, even if their decision is not popular.

Should it be a drivers choice whether or not to wear a seatbelt? Sometimes people need to be protected from themeselves.

If the players choose to pay for their own inflated insurance premiums because they don't wear one...fine, maybe, but there are several other factors to consider beyond their own safety and that they are men, they can decide that for themselves.

Others might make the role model argument, but I'm not a huge fan of that....although, when your entire living is made off of people paying to see you peform....maybe there is some importance to that.