• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium Finalized

Rate this topic

Let's get serious. What jersey should they wear. I'm going for the first year of the Wings or even a cougar or falcon. I like the D, but I have it and want a new one.

Only Bettman could figure out a contemporary twist to the concept of "splitting the baby".

From OHL:

The Ontario Hockey League has been invited to play a double-header featuring the Plymouth Whalers and London Knights, along with the Saginaw Spirit and Windsor Spitfires as part of the outdoor game festivities.

Dumbest. Decision. Ever. This is the Detroit Red Wings, not the Michigan Wolverines. The Winter Classic should be held in Detroit, not in an over-rated stadium that isn't even close to the Detroit city limits. I would rather the state of Michigan not have a Winter Classic than play it in a place other than Detroit. Hell, I'd rather Toronto host the WC than Ann Arbor. Hell, there's even an unused lot not far from Comerica that could be put to some use.

And I guess this puts to rest the idea that Illich supports the city of Detroit. This is a plain money grab by him. Period. He does not have Detroit's best interest at heart, or it would have been held at Comerica Park.

Detroit, once again, gets screwed out of a Winter Classic. f*** raw numbers, f*** the money, play the goddamn thing in Detroit or move it to Toronto. I certainly won't be watching it in 2013.

Dumbest. Decision. Ever. This is the Detroit Red Wings, not the Michigan Wolverines. The Winter Classic should be held in Detroit, not in an over-rated stadium that isn't even close to the Detroit city limits. I would rather the state of Michigan not have a Winter Classic than play it in a place other than Detroit. Hell, I'd rather Toronto host the WC than Ann Arbor. Hell, there's even an unused lot not far from Comerica that could be put to some use.

And I guess this puts to rest the idea that Illich supports the city of Detroit. This is a plain money grab by him. Period. He does not have Detroit's best interest at heart, or it would have been held at Comerica Park.

Detroit, once again, gets screwed out of a Winter Classic. f*** raw numbers, f*** the money, play the goddamn thing in Detroit or move it to Toronto. I certainly won't be watching it in 2013.

:caution:

The Auburn Hills Pistons would like a word with you.

Put the bong down kid. you dont think ilitch cares about detroit? please. having 115,000 at this game will be better for the atmospheres as opposed to the 30k at comerica, half of those wont be able to see s***.

you have any clue how many teams dont play in the city where their name is? Pistons and Lions (silverdome), coyotes play in glendale, not phoenix. the list goes on.

and ill bet the house youll be watching on jan 1st.

Cougars4.png...And the Leafs blue...Please, & Thank You.

They already wore the "candy cane" jersey style in '91-92 for the NHL's 75th anniversary. I'd like to see something that they haven't tried in recent history.

I want to see the old-school small winged wheel for the Wings. Those were what they wore during the glory days of the Toronto-Detroit rivalry.

Bingo! That was my exact thought too. I'd like to see something like this, as worn from 1932-1934.

RedWings01.png

I love the idea of using the old school winged wheel, with the colors "reversed" from what they are now, what's red is white and vice-versa. That syle hasn't been used since '83-'84. As well, I like the idea of the white outlined numbers on the back, only for one game.

This is going to benefit Detroit greatly. Leaf fans travel really well, the bridge and the tunnel is going to be packed. I would not be surprised if a lot of those people stay in Detroit, and take a shuttle to Ann Arbor. The businesses in Detroit are not going to suffer from this. It was this or not have the classic at all. I rather have this.

Because the Alumni games downtown and then the OHL and AHL games wont help out downtown at all....right.

It's not like it's in a different country. I drive from Ann Arbor to Detroit for every game. It's no big deal. How many Red Wings fans actually live in Detroit?

lol I drive from Ann Arbor to Southgate every weekend... not even close? It's barely even a drive... me thinks a dumbass, butt-hurt spartan is behind all of this seeing as they'd rather have it in Canada than in Ann Arbor.

If so, just give up, nobody cares about that s*** school and their s*** stadium

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

should be a great game. two original six teams with a rivalry dating back to the late 20s. :clap:

I think that there needs be a Wings/Leafs game at the ACC in December especially if HBO will do 24/7 for this Winter Classic (or a similar show on another network).

The Winter Classic should not be the only game between the two teams next season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-e_iSFE6g