• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#161 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Now that I've seen the pictures, if I attend the Winter Classic and Nick isn't there, I'm demanding a refund on the basis of false advertising.

Edited by Esquire, 09 February 2012 - 01:51 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#162 lfd250

lfd250

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Let's get serious. What jersey should they wear. I'm going for the first year of the Wings or even a cougar or falcon. I like the D, but I have it and want a new one.
Keep your stick on the ice - Red Green

#163 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Only Bettman could figure out a contemporary twist to the concept of "splitting the baby".
From OHL:

The Ontario Hockey League has been invited to play a double-header featuring the Plymouth Whalers and London Knights, along with the Saginaw Spirit and Windsor Spitfires as part of the outdoor game festivities.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#164 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Dumbest. Decision. Ever. This is the Detroit Red Wings, not the Michigan Wolverines. The Winter Classic should be held in Detroit, not in an over-rated stadium that isn't even close to the Detroit city limits. I would rather the state of Michigan not have a Winter Classic than play it in a place other than Detroit. Hell, I'd rather Toronto host the WC than Ann Arbor. Hell, there's even an unused lot not far from Comerica that could be put to some use.

And I guess this puts to rest the idea that Illich supports the city of Detroit. This is a plain money grab by him. Period. He does not have Detroit's best interest at heart, or it would have been held at Comerica Park.

Detroit, once again, gets screwed out of a Winter Classic. f*** raw numbers, f*** the money, play the goddamn thing in Detroit or move it to Toronto. I certainly won't be watching it in 2013.
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#165 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

Dumbest. Decision. Ever. This is the Detroit Red Wings, not the Michigan Wolverines. The Winter Classic should be held in Detroit, not in an over-rated stadium that isn't even close to the Detroit city limits. I would rather the state of Michigan not have a Winter Classic than play it in a place other than Detroit. Hell, I'd rather Toronto host the WC than Ann Arbor. Hell, there's even an unused lot not far from Comerica that could be put to some use.

And I guess this puts to rest the idea that Illich supports the city of Detroit. This is a plain money grab by him. Period. He does not have Detroit's best interest at heart, or it would have been held at Comerica Park.

Detroit, once again, gets screwed out of a Winter Classic. f*** raw numbers, f*** the money, play the goddamn thing in Detroit or move it to Toronto. I certainly won't be watching it in 2013.

:caution:

#166 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

The Auburn Hills Pistons would like a word with you.

#167 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Does Bettman realize he can't used the "lockout card" again?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#168 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Put the bong down kid. you dont think ilitch cares about detroit? please. having 115,000 at this game will be better for the atmospheres as opposed to the 30k at comerica, half of those wont be able to see s***.

you have any clue how many teams dont play in the city where their name is? Pistons and Lions (silverdome), coyotes play in glendale, not phoenix. the list goes on.

and ill bet the house youll be watching on jan 1st.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#169 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'll bet the Leafs wear one of these two uniforms:

Posted Image

Edited by MacK_Attack, 09 February 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#170 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

I want to see the old-school small winged wheel for the Wings. Those were what they wore during the glory days of the Toronto-Detroit rivalry.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#171 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

I'll bet the Leafs wear one of these two uniforms:

Posted Image

Posted Image...And the Leafs blue...Please, & Thank You.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#172 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Posted Image...And the Leafs blue...Please, & Thank You.

They already wore the "candy cane" jersey style in '91-92 for the NHL's 75th anniversary. I'd like to see something that they haven't tried in recent history.

I want to see the old-school small winged wheel for the Wings. Those were what they wore during the glory days of the Toronto-Detroit rivalry.

Bingo! That was my exact thought too. I'd like to see something like this, as worn from 1932-1934.

Posted Image

I love the idea of using the old school winged wheel, with the colors "reversed" from what they are now, what's red is white and vice-versa. That syle hasn't been used since '83-'84. As well, I like the idea of the white outlined numbers on the back, only for one game.

2cwlto0.jpg

#173 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

I guess I'm the only one that kinds hopes they come up with a brand new uniform? Not a remake of something from the past.

#174 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

This is going to benefit Detroit greatly. Leaf fans travel really well, the bridge and the tunnel is going to be packed. I would not be surprised if a lot of those people stay in Detroit, and take a shuttle to Ann Arbor. The businesses in Detroit are not going to suffer from this. It was this or not have the classic at all. I rather have this.

#175 LAW

LAW

Veritas

• 31 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Because the Alumni games downtown and then the OHL and AHL games wont help out downtown at all....right.

#176 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

I wonder if a Wings prospect will play at Comerica for the Griffins-Marlies game and then get a call up the next morning for the Winter Classic. Two outdoor games in two days.

#177 craigjjs

craigjjs

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

It's not like it's in a different country. I drive from Ann Arbor to Detroit for every game. It's no big deal. How many Red Wings fans actually live in Detroit?

Born on a mountain in Tennessee; Greenest state in the land of the free; Raised in the woods so's he knew every tree; He killed him a bear when was only three.

#178 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

lol I drive from Ann Arbor to Southgate every weekend... not even close? It's barely even a drive... me thinks a dumbass, butt-hurt spartan is behind all of this seeing as they'd rather have it in Canada than in Ann Arbor.

If so, just give up, nobody cares about that s*** school and their s*** stadium

#179 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

should be a great game. two original six teams with a rivalry dating back to the late 20s. :clap:

#180 juiceman

juiceman

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

I wonder if the NHL would consider putting an Olympic size rink in at Michigan Stadium for the game. This was the case for the Michigan State/Michigan game there in 2010 & it looked a lot better in relation to the size of the stadium, sight lines for the crowd, etc.

Olympic Size Rink To Be Used For The Big Chill At The Big House?