• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Transactions, Signings, and Minor Trades

Rate this topic

I know it's such a small sample size and Elliott hasn't proven anything yet, but he's 15-5-1 with a .937 SV and 1.68 GAA. That gets only a 2 year, $1.8M cap hit?

Elliot must have the worst agent in the world. Either that, or both sides think Elliott's numbers will come back to Earth soon.

I know it's such a small sample size and Elliott hasn't proven anything yet, but he's 15-5-1 with a .937 SV and 1.68 GAA. That gets only a 2 year, $1.8M cap hit?

Elliot must have the worst agent in the world. Either that, or both sides think Elliott's numbers will come back to Earth soon.

Yeah, his poor performances in the past are undoubtedly staining his value. His percentage and GAA from last year were absolutely brutal. Even in his best season he only pulled a .909, which is still pretty poor by NHL standards. If he maintains this performance over the course of this two year deal, though, he will seriously cash in.

I think Elliot in Ottawa this season would have been a much different story. Ottawa has been a pretty miserable team in the past few seasons which I think reflected on Elliot's numbers. Spezza was injured, and they didn't have solid core players stepping up like Greening and Foligno. He's a solid goaltender and I think St. Louis right now is in a great situation with the pair, I think once they solidify a starter they are gonna get a better contract.

Panthers trade Dadonov/Jenks to Hurricanes for Matsumoto/M. Lindstrom

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=612448

That Jenks kid doesn't sound like too bad of a prospect. Too bad he can't get a shot with an organization that actually gives a s***. First Florida, now Carolina? Geesh, whats next Phoenix? Columbus? The Island? Oh well, maybe one day he will make it to a club that cares...Good luck kid! I always have a soft spot for local talent!

What sort of contract does Yip have? Can he be claimed? I'd pick him up and put him in GR. He was pretty promising and I've never heard bad things about him to indicate he could be a problem. Get some experienced guys training him and he could be good again, especially as a waiver pickup.

EDIT: As for Elliott, maybe GMs are just not willing to dish out huge contracts for unreliable goalies anymore.

Edited by VM1138

He certainly doesnt have ericsson's agent now does hen :D

SOMEONE SIGNED BRETT LEBDA.

News of the day. CBJ Radek Martinek out for season with concussion, sign Brett Lebda to one year deal.

Edited by Tim.D

SOMEONE SIGNED BRETT LEBDA.

News of the day. CBJ Radek Martinek out for season with concussion, sign Brett Lebda to one year deal.

Wow. Just when you thought CBJ couldn't get any worse. I guess they really really want that first overall pick.

LEBDERRRRRRRRRRP!

AND WE PLAY C-BUS ON SATURDAY.

14-3, calling it RIGHT NOW!

I love this quote from him:

He said his style hasn't changed.

"I'm not going to go out there and kill anyone," he said. "I'm solid defensively, positionally, get the puck out of our end as fast as possible; making the good pass and chipping in on the offense when I can."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/capitals/blue-jackets-radek-martinek-done-for-the-year-with-concussion-brett-lebda-signs-1-year-deal/2012/01/19/gIQATkjJCQ_story.html

If he's solid positionally and making the good pass, then yes, I'd say his style has changed. His go to move used to be skate like hell up ice with the puck, taking himself way out of position, then panicking at the first player to come after him and coughing the puck up.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

If he's solid positionally and making the good pass, then yes, I'd say his style has changed. His go to move used to be skate like hell up ice with the puck, taking himself way out of position, then panicking at the first player to come after him and coughing the puck up.

To be fair, when he was at his best, he was solid enough in those tasks. The problem is that he was only solid in those tasks for a total of games that barely supersede an 82 game season.

Oh Derek Meech... Kenny please stay away. I know he'd be a cheap option but no no no.

I can't imagine why Kenny would even think of it. We certainly don't need him on D. There's no way he's in the lineup over Ericsson, Commodore, Kindl or even Smith. And he's not worth it as a forward.