• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 Baseball thread

Rate this topic

Inge is gunna surprise people this season. He is finally healthy (he had a broken hand and mono last year, and the year before he was coming off knee surgery on both knees), and has been working out like a madman this off-season, gaining 18 pounds of muscle. Don't write him off just yet. 2012 is gunna be a rebound year for Brandon.

I'll give Inge a chance (for the 40th time), but I seriously doubt it. Though anything will be a rebound from .197 with no power. I truly believe the only reason he's even around this spring is because of the contract. Danny Worth is equal or better defensively at this point.

If Raburn can just make routine plays at second, I want him starting. His bat would be a huge asset at the bottom of the order.

Word is, Inge will get the start at 2B Saturday against the Braves - which I am all for. Like GoWings, I'll give him a shot there. He's certainly confident (see: cocky) about his chances there. When Leyland delivered the news about Inge's start he also said he'll plan on giving Santiago more time at SS - off the bench, of course - than anything. I love Ramon, but I could be okay with that - until we need him to play 2B.

Saw the Gage article about the 611 ft. job, I guess he measured from where it landed - so who knows how far it rolled. Still, it isn't like the ball rolled 130 feet, it was a ******* bomb regardless.

20120307_jla_aw3_137.jpg

Thursday's Tigers postcard: Cabrera passes the test at 3B - and he stole a base! After committing an error on the first ball hit to him and going hitless in his first three games, he's batting .571 with 1 HR / 2 RBI / 1 SB & 0 E - granted that's 7 ABs and a handful of innings across 3 games; but I'm excited, dammit. I think he'll settle into the 3B role nicely. Sure, we'll be 'defensively weak' on on the left side and in the infield, but if he can get what he's supposed to like Peralta - then we'll be fine.

A video of the play - as well as

and
first home runs of the Spring - can be found

In other news, Dave Dombrowski said that, "if you watched [inge] play second base, you'd think he'd played there the last 10 years". While that's obviously hyperbole, I think Inge is a real strong candidate to take that 2B job and I'm all for it. Give me .200 - .250 out of that 9 spot while playing great defense up the middle and I'm on board.

That was a downright WICKED hop. No one in baseball would have gotten out of the way of that one. I had one rip off my collarbone on a bad hop while playing 3B before and those things hurt. Hopefully it is only a few stitches and a shiner.

That was a downright WICKED hop. No one in baseball would have gotten out of the way of that one. I had one rip off my collarbone on a bad hop while playing 3B before and those things hurt. Hopefully it is only a few stitches and a shiner.

Same thing with me. I was a horrible third basemen too as far as fielding grounders, but coach liked me there I guess because I had a good arm. I probably would've been a good goalie with all the bruises on my shins and body lol.

That's excellent news. Opening Day is a little over two weeks away so ideally Cabrera will be healed and ready to go then.

Although selfishly, I kinda hope he plays in the exhibition game against Toledo as I will be there.

Edited by GoWings1905

^ That's hilarious. I saw that story the other day and laughed. The irony is "minor league guy" is actually the Cardinals second highest rated prospect. I get maybe not knowing some random non-roster invitee, but I would expect a Tigers broadcast to be able to identify Nick Castellanos during a game.