• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 Baseball thread

Rate this topic

So who still wants to keep Rabum in the lineup? Anyone? In the 30 games the Tigers have played, he has a total of 10 hits... hm. I think he has earned a trip to Erie. He isn't good enough for Toledo.

Edited by rwfan007

The entire offense blows. Singling out Raburn is an easy cop out. Cabrera didn't have a hit the entire series. I am all for somebody else getting some AB's instead of Raburn for now, but that's ignoring the issue as a whole. The Tigers are flawed and have been for years in the sense they rely on power to score runs. No speed nor clutch hitting exposes the shortcomings in a really negative light when you aren't coming through in the power department.

Victor Martinez is proving how valuable he was more every day. Incredibly clutch and rarely had poor appearances at the plate. Cabrera usually has strong discipline but the rest of the lineup just goes up there hacking most of the time. I had low expectations for Delmon Young and he's doing

a nice job of not even living up to those.

It's a struggle all the way around offensively right now. The only positive I keep taking from these very frustrating losses is the continued success of the starting rotation. Smyly could easily be 6-0 with any run support at all.

The Rangers are the best team in baseball by a lot IMO.

I don't want to like them being competition of the Tigers in the AL, but they are certainly a fun team to watch. That lineup 1-9 is just lethal.

Yeah especially with Beltre back in the lineup. Considering his offseason "issues", it's good to see Hamilton producing like a beast to start the year. I hate to be a homer, but the Braves have themselves a hell of a team this year also. Freeman and Heyward stepping up has been huge for their offense, and it doesn't hurt that Uggla is batting above .200.

He'll be available soon.

I was just coming here to post about this.

Question: Anything to say about the golf business?

Answer: No. I spend my off days the way I want to spend them.

Question: Any regrets?

Answer: My off day is my off day.

This guy is an absolute idiot and seems to embody everything that's going wrong with the Red Sox right now. It's hard to believe a team with such a giant payroll can be so mediocre. And that's coming from a fan of a team that's 16-15. Reading about how fractured and disjointed the Red Sox are makes me feel a million times better about the state of the Tigers.

The Home Plate umpire should check his fingers for chicken residue.

One fan yelled "FORE!" when Michael Brantley lined a foul ball down the right-field line, but all the chuckles quickly subsided when Brantley doubled to left-center. It was the second straight double for the Indians, ending Beckett's night.

I was just coming here to post about this.

This guy is an absolute idiot and seems to embody everything that's going wrong with the Red Sox right now. It's hard to believe a team with such a giant payroll can be so mediocre. And that's coming from a fan of a team that's 16-15. Reading about how fractured and disjointed the Red Sox are makes me feel a million times better about the state of the Tigers.

Translation - It's all about me, I'm a baseball player, I do what I want.

Translation - It's all about me, I'm a baseball player, I do what I want.

Yeah. He went on to say that they only, "get 18 off days a year" and "deserve a little time to ourselves".

My goodness, how pathetic is the entire bullpen? The sorry hitting Oakland Athletics have drilled the relievers two nights is a row. There isn't one reliable arm out there right now.

The Tigers just can't get any momentum going. Win a game, lose a game, hit the ball well, look lost again. Austin Jackson and Andy Dirks have been the lone bright spots lately of the offense. That's a little disturbing on a team with Cabrera, Fielder, Young, Peralta. Glad to see those two hitting the ball well, but the big guns really need to pick it up soon.

How in the world does Jim keep putting Raburn in the lineup? and at 6th?!? Time to take old yeller back behind the barn. He doesn't have it this year. He is a rally killer, every time he gets up he strands everybody on base, leaving the rest of the lineup scrambling to clean up his mess. Call up that Patterson kid from Toledo, he is at least hovering close to .300. Raburn is at a hearty .128

I'd rather just give Danny Worth a shot every day at second base for awhile. Eric Patterson has never hit enough to be a consistent big leaguer. Worth is excellent defensively and has been a decent hitter for average in the minor leagues. What's to lose at this point? Raburn and Santiago can't hit either.

In March 2006, John A. Hillerich IV, President and CEO of the Louisville Slugger parent-company Hillerich & Bradsby, made a visit to the Canadian-based sports company TPS Hockey, which had produced more than 400 pink hockey sticks for players in the NHL. Players including Tie Domi, Mats Sundin, Steve Yzerman, Sidney Crosby and Ed Belfour used the special sticks during the weekend of March 17, raising more than $110,000. Hillerich later presented the idea of the Pink Bat to MLB Commissioner Bud Selig and MLB President Bob DuPuy, who "both went to bat for the pink bat".

Pink Bat Day on Sunday. Please, give it some thought.

Today is the 100th anniversary of one strange event leading to more strange events, involving the greatest Detroit player of all time, Tyrus Raymond Cobb: New York Times.

Major League Baseball's first organized strike, as well. It says a lot about the state of the country and the history of baseball that the Tigers' showing of solidarity came despite their intense hatred for Cobb himself. "Calling a man a half-****** was too much for any white man to bare."

The story of Cobb is incredibly interesting, from his mother killing his father in a case of mistaken identity to the aforementioned assault to other teams trying to cheat away Cobb's shot at the batting title to his lonely death. Cobb is easily one of the greatest baseball players the game has ever known, but it is undeniable that - in his prime - he was one of the worst human beings the game has known. Even Cobb himself attributed his anger to his on-field success and some baseball historians have gone so far as to consider Ty Cobb a detriment to the game; as his demeanor and actions were not outweighed by his abilities.

Just a stellar display of pitching and defense tonight. I'm starting to think Porcello may never figure it out on a regular basis. The entire bullpen is just absolutely terrible. It seems like the Tigers frickin waste high picks all the time on relievers and yet none of them develop.

I can't believe they haven't won two straight in nearly a month now. I hope this season turns out more like 2011 did than 2008. Right now it looks a lot like a talented team on paper that can't put it together.

Edited by GoWings1905