• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 Baseball thread

Rate this topic

Anyone have any news or rumors about where Oswalt is going to sign? He's going to make an impact if he goes with Texas, St. Louis, Boston or wherever he may land, but I figured he would have signed somewhere by now.

"Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports reports the possibility of Oswalt returning in June is diminishing. According to Rosenthal, Major League executives say it's his asking price. One source tells Rosenthal Oswalt wants a pro-rated $7.5 million in base salary. Another said that Oswalt’s desired salary is a moving target, 'but always high.'"

Per MLB Trade Rumors

"Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports reports the possibility of Oswalt returning in June is diminishing. According to Rosenthal, Major League executives say it's his asking price. One source tells Rosenthal Oswalt wants a pro-rated $7.5 million in base salary. Another said that Oswalt’s desired salary is a moving target, 'but always high.'"

Per MLB Trade Rumors

:thumbup: Thanks.

I think if he is putting himself into a potential closer role and not getting into a team's rotation that his expectations for salary should be lowered. It's for this reason why I don't think he will land in Boston unless they give up on Buchholz after the horrid start he's having. I think his priority is to remain a SP and rightfully so.

Good to see the Tigers get out of their small slump, i'd like to see the Braves snap out of their recent skid.

Fister to the 15-day DL, Tigers call up Casey Crosby. He'll make his first career start Friday against New York.

Ryan Raburn has been optioned to AAA, it's his final option. The Tigers have recalled C Omir Santos - he and Laird are both likely to be in the line-up tonight.