• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 Baseball thread

Rate this topic

Highest attendance for a mid-week series in Wrigley history. ESPN

That entire series at Wrigley was something else. I swear it seemed liked there were more Tigers fans judging by the crowd noise and all of the apparel in the crowd. I also read the Saturday game where JV pitched in Cincinnati was the largest attendance in Reds history at Great American Ball Park besides Opening Day games. Pretty cool to see how much support the Tigers get on the road. Sadly, it also speaks to the downfall of Detroit/Michigan as a whole and the relocation that has taken place.

Very impressive starts from Fister and Max to get another series win this weekend. Having Fister back is such a boost to the rotation. It has been said numerous times already, but maybe the Tigers are finally finding their groove. Only two under .500 now and three back in the division.

Austin Jackson really stirs the drink offensively. His plate discipline is on a completely different level than a year ago. He might be the best leadoff hitter in baseball and that's huge when you can get runners on base with Miggy and Prince to follow in the order.

The Rays will be wearing those 'fauxbacks' this week against the Tigers - who will wear their late-70's / early 80's era, block letter pullovers. I can't wait to see Cabby, Prince, and company in those bad boys.

146974566_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Wonder if Chicago will adopt the Yoouuuk calls?

Everyone below Fielder in the batting order is killing this team from truly turning the corner.

No support at all for the big guys. Gotta make a serious run at someone like Quentin. Young, Boesch, Peralta are not getting the job done. I would move Avila up to 5th since he looks healthier and has been hitting better lately.

So frustrating to watch the efforts of Jackson, Berry, Cabrera and Fielder get wasted most games.